Goin' to WLV!

Kelly Smith

Earning My Ears
I just booked a one bed in the WLV! Usually stay at OKW. Any good tips or surprises you can tell me about? How are the resturants? Pools? Entertainment? Noise?

Kelly,
Welcome as I see this is your first post. I am also going to VWL in May so I can't answer your questions as this will be our first trip as members. I'm interested in any responses but since they are so new, you might not get many. Some have been there so we'll bump this to see if we can get any action. Anyone?

Well, I haven't actually stayed in the villas yet but stayed at the hotel Thanksgiving when I couldn't get into our home resort, BWV. We got to tour the villas and they are awesome! We loved Wilderness Lodge, especially for a winter vacation with all the fireplaces. It was cold when we were there, so we enjoyed getting cocoa in our mugs and sitting by the fireplace. I would love to buy an add on here, but my husband loves the BW area and the easy access to Epcot and MGM so he thinks we should add on at Beach when they open. We loved Roaring Forks for a quick snack and using the refillable mugs. The pool for the villas side is smaller than the big pool, but it is cozy. You are close enough to walk to the other pool if you choose. I think you will have a wonderful vacation!

I just got back from a 6 night stay in a 1 bedroom at the VWL -- I LOVE it!! It completely exceeded my expectations. A must are the hidden mickeys in the lobby for the villas -- they were very, very clever. I think you will definately get a kick out of them -- I believe there are 5. If you have any questions please e-mail me caesr@aol.com

We just stayed at WLV a couple of weeks ago. It was nice. The room size was comparable to BWV. Oh, by the way, we stayed in a studio. The main pool is gorgeous! It was very quiet on the villa side. I would think it would be much louder at the hotel. The bus stop is very close, but if you rent a car and have small children, keep them in the stroller all the way up to your room. It's quite a hike for little legs. We didn't try Artist Point, but Roaring Fork was pretty good for a quick meal before you hit the road. Whispering Canyon is a lot of fun, but there's not much of a selection on the menu.

If there's anything else you want to know...

;)

We stayed at the Lodge recently and really loved it! The villas are great, much more room than we expected. If you want a little quiet time, walk over to Fw. It takes about 20 minutes and we saw a lot of animals along the way. We then had breakfast at the buffeteria,and walked back. Very relaxing and a nice change of pace!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter