Going in October!!

SheDaisy0088

Mouseketeer
We will be going to WDW October 12th thru the 16th. I have a couple general questions.

1) I want to stay onsite. I am looking at staying at Pop Century. I will be buying an annual pass. Right now the price be quoted is $110 a night after taxes. If I book now and the AP rates come out after I reserve my room can I get the AP rate? I would hate to pay more when I can pay less with an AP.

2) Is it worth staying onsite? I have been to Disney many times but this will be my first time staying onsite. What are the advantages of staying onsite?

Sorry if I sound like a rookie, but when it comes to staying onsite I am a rookie.

Thanks,

If you book POP right now and the AP rate comes out, you can get it applied to your current reservation. However, it can be extremly difficult to get the AP rate because they only have a limited amount. Also, you have to call the morning they get released to ensure you'll get it. My suggestion, is to do what I do and book through a travel agancy such as Dreams Unlimited or Small World Vacation. They do not charge you anything more and when the AP rate comes out they will apply it instantly to your reservation. Ths makes it stress free for you and gives you a much better chance of getting this rate. Also, they can other activities you would want to do in Disney plus make all your PS's for you. I will never book another Disney trip without them.

As to whether or not staying onsite is worth it... I would have to say Yes! You get free transportation that is not based on a scheduled time (buses run continously till 1 hr after park closing). There is the extra magic hour- each day there is a park open 1 hr before the general public can get in and another open 3hrs after the park closes. I like staying onsite because of the convenience it gives me to go back to my resort if I need a break in the middle of the day. Plus, staying onsite adds to the Disney magic :earboy2:
I stayed offsite for years and just last year stayed onsite and since then I don't think I would be able to stay offsite.

I hope this helps you and good luck!! :teeth:

I would say that staying onsite vs. off really depends on the type of family you are. We stayed onsite for the first time last year in ASMo with a 3 and 5 year old. I don't think I would ever do it again unless we got a really great rate (like this new dining package one). I like having extra room to spread out and so my kids don't wake each other up.

I also found we had a pretty good walk to get to the buses. We forgot something in the room once and I thought dh was going to have a heart attack running there and back before the bus got there :rotfl2: . I also didn't feel like we got there any faster than when we stayed at other resorts close to WDW.

I know it's just not as magical for some folks, but for us, there is nothing magical about two tired, grumpy kids and no room to spread out. ;)

Now if we could stay in the Poly, Contem. or GF, I might feel a little differently :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter