• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Golf Cart Hauling

bradisgoofy

Retired, can see MK fireworks from my window, CM
I know this subject has been posted before but I would like some more input.

In May '10 will will be returning to FW after several WDW trips without staying there. Our plan is to haul our full size Dodge Ram 3500 quad cab behind the coach on a dolly. We plan on loading the golf cart in the bed. The question is...do we take the roof off the cart and fold down the windshield or can we just fold down the windshield and let the wind pass through under the roof ? I know some of you haul your carts in the bed then pull your tt behind, so I'm looking for your experiences. Pictures would be helpful, too, please. TIA

MrsGus06's parents pull exactly how you mention even with a Dodge p/u. They've always kept the roof on. I'd ask her if you want any details on how the ride is.

We always leave the roof on with no problem (except when the egret cleared the truck and hit the GC roof, guts all over). We take the windshield out and put in a closet in the TT and never had a problem (other than guts). I have to wonder though how the wind flows over your coach and then your truck if it would be more intence or less. I would also check the weight limits on your tow bar, it seems a lot of weight with a full size truck with the cart in the back. Just a thought.

We fold down the windshield but leave the roof on. I do put a rachet strap around the roof and tie down on both sides of the golf cart floor. Better safe than sorry.

I see groups of golf carts on trailers all the time and they use nothing.

I am so glad this subject came up because my husband did not believe me when I told him we could buy a golf cart and put in the bed of the truck ;) He said I never see golf carts in the bed, and how are you going to get it in and out of the back? Would someone clear this up for me thanks :surfweb: We have a Silverado 1500 extended cab. I believe a golf cart will fit with the tailgate down, but he said the turn might be too tight?

I am so glad this subject came up because my husband did not believe me when I told him we could buy a golf cart and put in the bed of the truck ;) He said I never see golf carts in the bed, and how are you going to get it in and out of the back? Would someone clear this up for me thanks :surfweb: We have a Silverado 1500 extended cab. I believe a golf cart will fit with the tailgate down, but he said the turn might be too tight?

If you do a search there are several threads on this forum with photos about this.

Take off the windshield i lost many

Listen to the tungpo1. Take the windshield off!!! We have a couple sitting somewhere on I-4 and I-75, along with a men's bike, a ladder, and a stinky slinky. I now am the "final checker outter" when we get ready to disembark.

The roof on the GC will be fine, but the windshield will blow off.

Listen to the tungpo1. Take the windshield off!!! We have a couple sitting somewhere on I-4 and I-75, along with a men's bike, a ladder, and a stinky slinky. I now am the "final checker outter" when we get ready to disembark.

The roof on the GC will be fine, but the windshield will blow off.

Shouldn't that be the "final checker otter"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter