Gondolas at Epcot?

CUKU4DIS

Mouseketeer
I need to know if there is a gondola ride at Epcot. I guess it would take you from The Showcas to tomorrowland. I heard or read about this and needed to know if anyone has any info about this. Thanks in advance

ME:earsgirl: DH:earsboy: DD:tinker: DD::MinnieMo
Going back in September

I need to know if there is a gondola ride at Epcot. I guess it would take you from The Showcas to tomorrowland. I heard or read about this and needed to know if anyone has any info about this. Thanks in advance

there is a "world showcase" at epcot. there is no "gondola" ride that i'm aware of but mexico and norway have boat-related rides. you can't get directly to "tomorrowland" from epcot.

there is a "world showcase" at epcot. there is no "gondola" ride that i'm aware of but mexico and norway have boat-related rides. you can't get directly to "tomorrowland" from epcot.

I do know there are different boat rides within the countries. I hope someone out there has heard of the gondola rides.

ME:earsgirl: DH:earsboy: DD:tinker: DD::MinnieMo
Going back in September
I have never heard of a "gondola" ride at Epcot. And also, I don't think it is even possible to get from the World Showcase to Tomorrowland in a gondola or any other boat, as Tomorrowland is in the Magic Kingdom. That would have to be some kind of amazing boat ride! lol

When we were there in March, there was a place for this, and there were gondalas in the water, although they didn't look like they had been used in a while. I also would like to know if there are just decoration, or if they are offered. I would LOVE it!!

The only Gondola's are tied up in the lagoon over near Italy. There are for decoration only.

I am sorry the gondola would go from Showcase to Future land in EPCOT
Last time we were there we rode a boat (regular, motorized kind) from Future World to the World Showcase. The kids liked it and made getting to our ADR in Italy a lot easier.

The gondolas that I have seen were docked outside of Italy I believe and were strictly for decoration. I think I read that they originally wanted a gondola ride at Italy but it did not work out.

At Epcot, there is the World Showcase and Future World. While there are not gondolas to take you from one side of the lagoon to the other, there are friendship taxis. They are boats. There are 2 docks in World Showcase and 2 near future world. It is a nice ride but sometimes walking is faster depending on the wait for a boat, the crowds on the walkway and how fast you can walk.

Hope this info is helpful.

Thank you everyone. I guess I will find out for sure if they are deco only on my trip in Septmber. (Can't Wait!!!)

Gondolas in Italy are only for show - they do not go across the lake - or anywhere.

There are small boats (maybe they hold 30-40 or so people - not sure how many) that go between the area where you walk between Future World and World Showcase and the other side of the lake. I believe the docks are near Germany and Morocco. They just go back and forth across the water.

Linda

The gondolas that I have seen were docked outside of Italy I believe and were strictly for decoration. I think I read that they originally wanted a gondola ride at Italy but it did not work out.

At Epcot, there is the World Showcase and Future World. While there are not gondolas to take you from one side of the lagoon to the other, there are friendship taxis. They are boats. There are 2 docks in World Showcase and 2 near future world. It is a nice ride but sometimes walking is faster depending on the wait for a boat, the crowds on the walkway and how fast you can walk.

Hope this info is helpful.

oh wow. bummer it didn't work out, that would've bene cool

sidenote: just saw your ticker- 80days til your dad leaves? thank you to him and your family for serving our country. :thumbsup2

The gondolas are still tied up outside Italy, and are still for decoration only.

I'd be curious to know if anyone has EVER been allowed to ride in them. The Prime Minister of Italy, for example, or the mayor of Venice?

It'd be cool if they did make them an "attraction" some day! I mean, if the Venetian can do it in Vegas, then Disney can definitely do it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter