• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Good books about the history of Disney World/Land

TedMosby

Earning My Ears
This might not be the right place to put this, in which case sorry!

Recently I've been really interested in the early early days of the Disney parks, to the point where Wikipedia articles just aren't cutting it anymore.

I've been shopping around for some good books, and most people seem to suggest Disneyland: The Nickel Tour, but it's like $400 on Amazon :sad1:

Do any of you have any personal favorites? I'm currently more interested in Disneyland (I've worked at WDW, not much mystery left there) but I realize this is more of an Orlando-centric board so I'll take anything I can get!

The Disneyland Story: The Unofficial Guide to the Evolution of Walt Disney's Dream by Sam Gennawey is fantastic. I am in the middle of reading it. It has a lot of information on the building of Disneyland and what happened in each decade up until the present. I would highly recommend it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter