Good for young kids?

MrsMud

<font color=green>Thinks the Ghostbuster wearing t
Hi,
I just started researching Seaworld, as we have decided to take a day (or 2) there when we go to Disney in Nov. I have read everything on their website, but I want to hear some personal opinions from people who have been there with young kids. My girls will be 5 1/2 and 7 1/2 when we go. Is this a good place for those ages? They do love animals, but I'm wondering if they will become bored, with no rides, etc. Which also leads to my second question: Will they want to go back for a second day? Which (LOL) leads me to my third question: Is the " buy a single day ticket and return free" a regular offering, or does it just come and go a couple times a year? I don't want to wait and then find they're not offering that when I"m ready to purchase tickets. ANY advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
MrsMud

Sea World actually has 3 rides -- Kraken, Journey to Atlantis, and Wild Arctic. I think kids will like Sea World. The biggest thrill for kids is Shamu's Happy Harbor, a big play area.

I have been to Sea World several times. The last time my daughter was 2 and she loved it. We are going again when she is 4 because she adores the experiences of touching any animal. We went to the aqaurium and she touched a sting ray...she still tlks about it months later. I think your daughters will love sea World. The animal interaction is worth the trip alone but the shows are great too! I have always found that one day is more than enough...in fact last time we left really early because we had done it all.

I can't remember ever going and they weren't offering the "second day free" ( it's usually you have to use it in the next 7 days).

I think your kids will have a great time. If you do use the 2nd day it gives you the chance to take in some of the less advertised shows like cirque de la mer and the Pets Ahoy show that really seems to appeal to the younger kids. Along with feeding dolphins, stingrays and seals/sealions there is a nice hands on experience for youngsters at the "tide pool" exhibit opposite the tropical reef. It's easy to miss but kids seem to love getting their hands in the water and the chance to touch a sea urchin or sea cucumber. The kids may be too small for Kraken, but I think JTA and Wild Arctic would be fun. As has been said the playground (Shamu's happy harbour) is a great place for them to burn off a little steam and for you to sit down for a drink and a rest.

i just got back last week with my 2 &3 yo and they loved sea world. the shows were fun but the highlight was the water play area. we spent almost 2 whole days there. with the 2nd day free you don't have to feel as though you need to rush to see everyhting so you spend more time walking around and taking in the little things. i think your kids would like it

I have a 7 year old and she prefers Seaworld over Disney. We went three times last year and planning another trip soon. She loves the dolphin interaction and the shows, especially Clyde and Seamore and Pet's Ahoy; (and of course, Shamu).

Sea World is a must goto for our kids every trip we have been to Orlando since our first child was 2yrs old! We even decided to get the Sea World Gold Passport. Our family has not set foot Kraken, Journey to Atlantis or Wild Arctic yet, they enjoy the shows, feeding and touching the wildlife and Shamu's playgound and the trip has always been "worth it"!

Check the Sea World Orlando website for advance park pass purchase discounts frequently: 2 Weeks ago there was 20% off 1day (E)tickets

http://commerce.4adventure.com/store/dept_tickets.asp?dept_id=203

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter