Good Neighbor Hotels

We stayed at Candy Cane Inn this past summer. Free shuttle, free continental breakfast, good rooms at a reasonable rate. It was a fairly quiet motel compared to some of the other choices. We had considered Park Place Inn right across the street from the entrances, but thought it would be noisier and busier than a smaller establishment. (We didn't have any kids with us ;-).

We enjoyed the Marriott Anaheim, specifically being on the concierge level. On those levels you get free hot breakfast, and you can stock up on waters for the trip to DL. You take the ART shuttle ($3 per day round trip) to the parks; shuttles come every 20 minutes. Can hop back to the hotel from 5:30-7:30 where they serve the dinner in the concierge lounge (usually a pasta dish and a meat dish, cheese tray veggie tray and drinks) and then back to the parks.

The hotel was very nice and there were swimmers in December! If you have Marriott points or if you can get a deal, it was a great place to stay!

i think the Sea World area timeshare my dad has (my dad has two timeshares here in Orlando, why I don't know) is with Hilton. They cancelled part of their trip to the UK last August, and did so at the last minute, so he did not get points back, he got a free week with RCI. Keep your opinions coming, guys! Thanks for the help!

Some prices I came up with are:

Park Inn & Suites $85/night
Carousel Inn $89
Park Place Inn $84
Ramada Inn Maingate $79
Candy Cane Inn $92 (AAA or AARP rate)
Red Roof Inn Anaheim Maingate $69.99

We still have not heard anything from RCI, so we wanted to book a hotel just in case, probably for mid-May. It sounds like many thumbs up for Candy Cane Inn.

We're staying at the Carousel Inn this December, heard good things about it.

Another vote for the HoJO - we got a great room there in December 04 for about $70 per night - though it will be much more expensive in higher seasons.

It's clean, good, close and safe - we loved it and thought it great value.

Honestly, you could just wait and see about your timeshare, and, if it doesn't work out, just bid on Priceline. You can get a 3* hotel for about $50/night. You shouldn't have a problem getting a room during the times you want to go. Also, you've only got 2 people, so you don't have to worry about bed specifications, etc... We've stayed at just about all of the 3*'s in Anaheim and they have all been nice - Hyatt, Hilton, Hilton Suites, Marriott, Marriott Suites, Crowne Plaza, Doubletree, etc.... Even during high season, I've booked rooms on Priceline right before we left and had no problem. If you're still concerned about getting something solid, though, you could still book a cancelable back-up, and then try Priceline if your timeshare doesn't work out. You can go to biddingfortravel.com for detailed info on bidding on Priceline and lists of areas and hotels/rates that people are getting. Good luck! :)

Priceline is a good idea!
We have done well with $40-50 bids with stays at Marriot and Hilton by the convention center- both very nice hotels.

If planning for my whole family to go - we stay at HoJo's!

It's so clean, comfy, nice staff, decent rooms, the grounds are nicely done and its a reasonable walk. I have had great luck calling them directly for a Entertainment book rate of $45 - $60 a night (call MONTHS in advance for lowest rates) or use a link thru various fan web sites for a discount.

I tried the BWPPI last trip - my boys frowned and grumbled that they missed Hojo's ... it was depressingly dark in BWPPI, noisy rooms, free breakfast was lame, and pool left much to be desired.
HoJo's sets the tone of the day with cheerful, light rooms and friendly staff greeting each guest they meet. ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter