GorillaPod

jann1033 said:
incase anyone wondered this is out now ( and added to my encyclopedic list of things to buy someday)

http://www.joby.com/galleryslr.html

$49.99

I am really tempted, but some of the shots are scary...

slract10.jpg

At least that one falls on Grass, but some of the others are insane.

I'm impressed with the holding power of this thing!!! Sort of....

i7A23B94C-0D15-4940-BFE4-C4248615E396.jpg

:lmao:

I have the regular gorillapod, and it's a great little widget.

But I wouldn't be doing THIS with it:
slract11.jpg

:scared:

cool looking thing, if a little scary with some of the stunts they've pulled.

no frakin' way I'm going to do that to either my 30D w/ grip or 5D w/ grip. Even with a 50mm f/1.8 lens, let along 70-200 f/2.8L IS !!

i was looking for some kind of poundage specs. but didn't see any...although capt...don't know if that would work :rotfl2: and the golf club one...i'd get dirt all over my camera from the divots..unless you are supposed to take the camera off the club before you hit the ball :confused3 :rolleyes: ;)

i wonder what keeps it from slipping and just spinning around when on something round like a metal fence. it seems like the camera weight would pull it around...i want something for the car door window ledge thing though

Some of those do look a little scary (the golf clubs in particular), but do y'all think it might work on a more stable structure--like a fence or something? I'm tempted. I have a little tabletop tripod, but it's not very sturdy. This thing looks like it might work better (and no, I don't order things from infomercials thinking that they'll work ;) ).

jann1033 said:
i...although capt...don't know if that would work :rotfl2: and the golf club one...i'd get dirt all over my camera from the divots..unless you are supposed to take the camera off the club before you hit the ball :confused3 :rolleyes: ;)

i wonder what keeps it from slipping and just spinning around when on something round like a metal fence. it seems like the camera weight would pull it around...i want something for the car door window ledge thing though

Yeah...

Duh... yup... remove camera after swing club? or... AH, Errr ... yup .... remove AFTER swing club!.... yup, yup, yup!!! :confused3

This could pose a problem for some folks out for 18.

And as for shooting off a window or car door - what about a bean bag or simple clamp bracket?

superclamp.jpg
AnotatedClamp72.jpg

fe-sh-17d.jpg
grippa_bag1.jpg

captaincrash said:
Yeah...

Duh... yup... remove camera after swing club? or... AH, Errr ... yup .... remove AFTER swing club!.... yup, yup, yup!!! :confused3

This could pose a problem for some folks out for 18.

And as for shooting off a window or car door - what about a bean bag or simple clamp bracket?

superclamp.jpg
AnotatedClamp72.jpg

fe-sh-17d.jpg
grippa_bag1.jpg

once again my ignorance comes to the forefront...due to living a sheltered life i didn't know they existed :rotfl2:

fitzperry said:
Some of those do look a little scary (the golf clubs in particular), but do y'all think it might work on a more stable structure--like a fence or something? I'm tempted. I have a little tabletop tripod, but it's not very sturdy. This thing looks like it might work better (and no, I don't order things from infomercials thinking that they'll work ;) ).
Mine's pretty sturdy, and it's definitely not as big as the SLR version. I definitely think the SLR one would work; I just wouldn't wrap it around something flimsy.

jann1033 said:
i was looking for some kind of poundage specs. but didn't see any...although capt...don't know if that would work and the golf club one...i'd get dirt all over my camera from the divots..unless you are supposed to take the camera off the club before you hit the ball

Specs are here: http://www.joby.com/gp2.html
Max weight: 1.1kg (2.5lbs)

It's rubbery where you see the gray areas, so it "grips" whatever you wrap it around.

the bean bag one i saw on line was just that... an oval bean bag that i could easily get marthastewarty like and make...is there usually any attachment thing for the camera( like a tripod has) or does it just rest there, plopped on top of the saddle bag looking thing?

Anybody ever used a GorillaPod?? I bought one today, but now that I look at it a little closer, it looks like it might be a little on the cheesy side. I don't want to open it if it's something that I'm going to want to take back anyway.

but wasnt brave enough to buy one for me or the wife. I think im going to check into a monopod.

I've got one and like it. The flexible legs work really well, and it looks just fine. Not sure what you mean by it being on the "cheesy side", though.

If you do a search on this forum, you'll find a few more posts by people who have the Gorilla Pod. IIRC, the feedback on it is mostly positive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter