Got 2008 ears in the mail!

DVC@BWV

*Yakkety Yak*
Came home to find three boxes on our porch - three sets of the 2008 ears. The hat portion is dark blue and the ears are white - I like last year's ears better (we also got three sets of those).

Funny thing though - I haven't sent a postcard in since the end of November and those went to the old contest address, so maybe they ran out of 2007 ears? :confused3 Not complaining though - it was a nice surprise to come home to! :banana:

Congrats. I just want to get one set of years this year. Hopefully when I go in February.

Enjoy and post a picture of the ears, if you can.

Came home to find three boxes on our porch - three sets of the 2008 ears. The hat portion is dark blue and the ears are white - I like last year's ears better (we also got three sets of those).

Funny thing though - I haven't sent a postcard in since the end of November and those went to the old contest address, so maybe they ran out of 2007 ears? :confused3 Not complaining though - it was a nice surprise to come home to! :banana:

Same thing here, we got the 2008 ears .. three of them, one in each box :cheer2:

If you're looking to see the new ears for 2008, a couple people have posted some on eBay. Not as nice as last year, but what can you do...
Just search Disney Dream 2008 ears and they will come up.

When I got the call saying I won a pair (I'm Canadian and had to answer the skill testing question) they told me the colour was different this year - and not to panic, they were still the "real prize".

Congrats! Can you post a pic of the new 2008 ears?

My daughter received a pair of the new ears in the mail yesterday :cheer2:
here's a picture:

IMG_0900.jpg

Seven (yes, 7!) pairs of ears arrived at our house yesterday! I had entered each of our names (family of 5) about 10 times each last fall, and pretty much just forgot about it. We're going to be there in February as well, but not sure if we will bring them along. It's hard to wear hats on all of the roller coaster type rides.

WOW werfamily:

That is wonderful congrats. I sent in port cards last year but never won a thing.

Maybe this will be our lucky year for mailing post cards.

Enjoy them

Kerri

Hi all, congrats!! We won 5 pairs today too!

From what I've read, these are actually not the 2008 ears. 2008 ears are being given out in the parks and they are navy but they still have the clouds on them. They also say 2008 across the back.

The ears we're winning are from the 2007 drawings. The first 2008 drawing isn't until February 20th.

They must have run out of the 2007 ears and are using substitutes.

So enjoy these because there definitely won't be many of them!!

WOW congrats to you to. I hope my mailman brings me some ears tomorrow.

My daughter received a pair of the new ears in the mail yesterday :cheer2:
here's a picture:

IMG_0900.jpg

Those ears are different then what we won at MK on Jan 5th. Ours are dark blue with light blue and white clouds on them. The logo has no picture and just the words "year of a million dreams" They also have 2008 on the back. We won the 2007 ears at the park in October 2007. We now have both ears and lanyards for both years! I like 2007 better.

Wonder why they are different?

Charleyann

Those ears are different then what we won at MK on Jan 5th. Ours are dark blue with light blue and white clouds on them. The logo has no picture and just the words "year of a million dreams" They also have 2008 on the back. We won the 2007 ears at the park in October 2007. We now have both ears and lanyards for both years! I like 2007 better.

Charleyann

See my post above.:)

We got two sets of ears today!! YAY! They are nice! We didn't have to sign for them they were just sitting by my front door. The first things we have won.

:cheer2: :cheer2:
The same thing happened to me the other day. I guess they got behind in sending out ears!

Just think how much money Disney is saving themselves by not sending them out certified mail as they did all of 2007. I beleive the postage on the 2007 ears to Ohio was $5.30 for each box of ears. Now they are send prepaid bulk rate. I got 2 sets of plain dark blue ears in the mail today.

Charleyann

Like someone said, they are different than even what is in the parks, which I didn't even know. I didn't show the back but they say Live Your Dream
on them. I like them all but the ones we got by mail last year with the silver ears and the light blue and the clouds are my favorite. :goodvibes

And I agree, they are really saving money by sending them this way, bc I thought on the boxes last year between the postage and things you had to sign they cost Disney over $6 each just to send out!! Maybe this way they can spend that money on more ears, lol.

I got a pair in the mail today too and I NEVER win anything. Maybe my luck is improving & next week I'll see the dream squad up close...i can dream.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter