Got my pre-tour packet - Southwest Splendors

sayhello

Have Camera, Will Travel
Yay! So I got my pre-tour packet today. It included an ABD luggage identifier to put on my luggage handle, and an ABD logo bag that I assume is a messenger bag. Rather bulky, heavy rectangular thing with a long strap plus a handle on top. *Definitely* not a backpack, and definitely not anything I'll be able to use on this trip...

But it also contained a lovely little booklet of my detailed itinerary, plus clothing & other packing suggestions. :cool1: My trip is starting to feel imminent (May 10!).

I know I read somewhere that one of the tours involves a ton of red dust, and that you should bring something to wear you don't mind getting covered in red dirt. Does anyone know which activity this is?

The only thing it doesn't list is *what time* I'm supposed to meet the others at the airport (I'm flying in 2 days before for some R&R in Phoenix before the tour). Guess I'll have to call concierge to verify that.

*starting to get excited*
:yay:
sayhello

There are three ABD events where you'll not want to wear anything white. The first is in Sedona with the Cowboy Jeep ride, and the second one is at Monument Valley where you'll ride in an open "safari" bus and the third is for your raft ride (the river is very muddy). I'm sure the optional horseback riding and the ATV rides would also qualify.

We did this trip last September and loved it! I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Somewhere in your itinerary it should tell you the meeting time. I believe our group met at noon, and left by 1:15 or so. If you can't find it, call the ADB reservationist and s/he will be able to help you with that.

We are going two days early on our Emerald Isle Trip May 15. Since we are going early, ABD informed us that we are on our own in finding transportation to our hotel in Dublin. ABD only picks you up from the airport if you arrive on the day the tour starts. We received our pre-packet yesterday. In the itinerary booklet, there was a page that stated the date and time we are to meet our group with a disclaimer at the end of the page that states if we arrive in Dublin early, to meet our group in the hotel at the time designated. Hope thta helps answer your question!

There are three ABD events where you'll not want to wear anything white. The first is in Sedona with the Cowboy Jeep ride, and the second one is at Monument Valley where you'll ride in an open "safari" bus and the third is for your raft ride (the river is very muddy). I'm sure the optional horseback riding and the ATV rides would also qualify.

We did this trip last September and loved it! I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Somewhere in your itinerary it should tell you the meeting time. I believe our group met at noon, and left by 1:15 or so. If you can't find it, call the ADB reservationist and s/he will be able to help you with that.
Thanks for the info! Looks like I need to bring a few dark, easily laundered T-shirts :) ... I'm really looking forward to this trip.

I looked all through the itinerary, and it only says where to meet, not when. Definitely need to call ABD!

Thanks!
sayhello

We are going two days early on our Emerald Isle Trip May 15. Since we are going early, ABD informed us that we are on our own in finding transportation to our hotel in Dublin. ABD only picks you up from the airport if you arrive on the day the tour starts. We received our pre-packet yesterday. In the itinerary booklet, there was a page that stated the date and time we are to meet our group with a disclaimer at the end of the page that states if we arrive in Dublin early, to meet our group in the hotel at the time designated. Hope thta helps answer your question!
Thanks, but, actually, the meeting place for everyone, no matter when you arrive, is at the airport in Phoenix, as it's QUITE a long drive to the hotel in Sedona. There is one, and only one, bus transfer to Sedona, whenever the last person shows up. They've said that if we arrive early in Phoenix (I'm also going 2 days early) all we have to do is show up at the airport at the meeting spot before the appointed time (whenever that is!). I think this trip is a bit different than others because it is a huge shlep both from the meeting place to the first hotel, and from the last hotel to the airport we leave from. ABD doesn't offer any pre- or post- trip arrangements on this tour because of that. :cool1:

Thanks!
sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter