GotG Cosmic Rewind AP previews

I’m hoping they don’t have the same issue as the remy preview where a lot of people with APs were getting an error saying no valid ticket. That happened to both dh and I. The only reason we got a preview spot was because we got a helpful cm using chat but I know that didn’t work for everyone

I never saw one Remy preview email
Make sure you have your app set to accept push notifications. Dd and I both were notified in the app it was available. However I could not find out how or where to do it so came here and someone posted a link. That worked and we added a day to our already booked trip for the preview.

I’m hoping they don’t have the same issue as the remy preview where a lot of people with APs were getting an error saying no valid ticket. That happened to both dh and I. The only reason we got a preview spot was because we got a helpful cm using chat but I know that didn’t work for everyone

Oh my word that was a complete hot mess! Same thing we were able to get a spot from doing chat but you had to do chat earlier in the day and not later and then it took forever to get confirmation.

My guess is that it won't open on a busy holiday weekend. There inevitably will be some opening hiccups and I would hope Disney would allow themselves some time to iron out the problems before welcoming huge crowds to a much-anticipated ride.

I'll be at the "other" park the week before memorial day. I'd be happy to get a preview

Beginning of May trip too - hope there are AP previews when I'm down in WDW. If not, I'll be there in June too, but will have to try for the virtual queue (if there is one) or buy an ILL$ if thats the only option other than a super long standby line.

Beginning of May trip too - hope there are AP previews when I'm down in WDW. If not, I'll be there in June too, but will have to try for the virtual queue (if there is one) or buy an ILL$ if thats the only option other than a super long standby line.
We will most likely drive over for a day and buy ILL if we don’t get a preview spot

We will most likely drive over for a day and buy ILL if we don’t get a preview spot

I worry the "new normal" for new rides will not be "virtual queue" and instead will be - if you want to ride it, buy an ILL$.

Remy's had a virtual queue at first - so it gives me hope they will offer both virtual queue and ILL$, but we will see! No matter what, excited for a new ride and Epcot having less construction.

My guess is that it won't open on a busy holiday weekend. There inevitably will be some opening hiccups and I would hope Disney would allow themselves some time to iron out the problems before welcoming huge crowds to a much-anticipated ride.
Thats the purpose of Previews (AP, DVC, CM) and public soft openings.

I worry the "new normal" for new rides will not be "virtual queue" and instead will be - if you want to ride it, buy an ILL$.

Remy's had a virtual queue at first - so it gives me hope they will offer both virtual queue and ILL$, but we will see! No matter what, excited for a new ride and Epcot having less construction.
Weren’t the virtual queue lines kind of long still for remy though? I think that’s why we never did it

virtual queue when I did it took about 15-20 minutes, which is better than an hour. A new attraction will probably draw at least an hour standby line if they have one

Weren’t the virtual queue lines kind of long still for remy though? I think that’s why we never did it

I think you’re right. But I guess if someone bought an ILL$ I can see why they push those people through first. And I would think the GotG would have waaaaaay longer lines than Remy.
I wish we were going…

virtual queue when I did it took about 15-20 minutes, which is better than an hour. A new attraction will probably draw at least an hour standby line if they have one
Oh okay. I thought some people said they were waiting like 45 minutes

They were generally around 30 mins I think? I'm sure part of it is how many people Disney was issuing boarding passes to per hour.

It was definitely longer once Lightning Lanes were turned on though since LL gets priority over the Standby line. I suppose GotG could be the same, but with RoTR I never waited more than 30 minutes (unless the ride broke down) and in many cases it was close to a walk on with the virtual queue.

I think I'd still take a virtual queue with a 30-45 minute wait over a 120+ minute wait.

They were generally around 30 mins I think? I'm sure part of it is how many people Disney was issuing boarding passes to per hour.

It was definitely longer once Lightning Lanes were turned on though since LL gets priority over the Standby line. I suppose GotG could be the same, but with RoTR I never waited more than 30 minutes (unless the ride broke down) and in many cases it was close to a walk on with the virtual queue.

I think I'd still take a virtual queue with a 30-45 minute wait over a 120+ minute wait.
I wouldn’t mind waiting that long if we didn’t have a toddler but he can’t wait much longer than 5-10 minutes lol.

In December, we had a VQ spot and waited nearly an hour in line anyway. And when we exited the ride, the line was just as long as when we arrived. There were many complaints about the VQ/"standby" waits.

Pandora opened Memorial Day weekend

I think it is likely a toddler won't be tall enough for GOTG unless you're doing the baby swap, for a new ride unless it's an ILL the 5-10 minute wait isn't going to happen.

I think it is likely a toddler won't be tall enough for GOTG unless you're doing the baby swap, for a new ride unless it's an ILL the 5-10 minute wait isn't going to happen.
Lol our toddler won’t be riding. Dh and I would do rider swap and probably just pay for ILL if we don’t get a preview. I was just saying when they did the virtual queue for remy we decided not to because I read lots of people waiting 30-45 minutes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter