Gotta love bounceback! 10th ann. & family vaca PTR-9/201o-WE'RE BACK!

Wow - it sounds amazing already!!!

I LOVED 'Ohanas for dinner. Meat skewers, noodles, pot stickers, etc. YUM. Plus, we got to watch the fireworks from our table (they pump in the soundtrack). Loved it.

Sophiaaaaaaaaaaa

I've been a very bad girl & I havent been on at all

I saw your Facebook request to visit & I had to.

I miss talking to you & Jenn all the time :(

I need to create a TR as well (like 4 months after the fact but whatever)

Also, Ive been in talks with Heather & we want to plan a mini vacay in Sept// October to meet & go to Disney. I wonder if I can convince her to go the same time frame you guys are there.

As of right now it would only be Heather, her DH & I. I need to have a chat date with Heather soon so we can plan it.

Im excited for your next trip. My family wants to go in December next year since they have never been able to experience Christmas time Disney style (I did about 2 years ago and it was INCREDIBLE!) So we wouldn't be able to see you guys again. Which is why I hope I can work a trip with Heather in the mix. Ill keep you up to date on the details.

Hope all is well with you & I really hope I can swing a Sept trip. Id love to actually be able to spend time with you & Jenn & your families.

Ooohhhh, now I am excited that maybe we can all be there at the same time. :woohoo:

We went in December once (week between Xmas and NYears) and OMG, it was insane! What week do you think you'll go with the fam? November is nice too and I think they start getting decorated the week or so before Thanksgiving. I can't remember exactly but I remember it was all decked out when we were there one year for Super Soap Weekend which was in November.

Also... when it stops snowing mountains in the northeast can I plan a road trip to visit you & we can scrapbook!?

Ive (very slowly) been working on my Sept book and I need motivation to do more.

Plus it would help being around another scrapbook & Disney lover

You and Jenn need to road trip here and we will scrapbook for as long as you guys want! :wizard:

Can you post pics of your Disney scrapbook pages? I just bought a Disney scrapbook kit (got $20 off of it too!) & need some inspiration!

I will take some pictures and post them. I didn't do a ton of pages this time but I will post some of them.

check out her old TR's and PTR's, she posted awesome ones there! although, i am dying to see the new ones as well!

:hug:

I 'member them. I just wanna see the new stuff too ;)

:flower3:

Wow - it sounds amazing already!!!

I LOVED 'Ohanas for dinner. Meat skewers, noodles, pot stickers, etc. YUM. Plus, we got to watch the fireworks from our table (they pump in the soundtrack). Loved it.

Welcome! Nice to have you join us. I really do want to try O'Hana's for dinner. Never done that before but we did do the Luau. Wonder if they have any of the same foods on the menu?

I never thought to make ressies close to the time of Wishes. Sounds like a great idea! Thanks!

Still no email from Disney on my menu BUT, I did get a surprise yesterday.

My DH ordered me 125, yes, 125, pins to trade on our next trip! :woohoo: Jenn's gettin' 50 of them and there was a lot of 25 that he got that I am keeping. Let the tradin' begin!

I've been buying pins for a few years now and frankly, they sit in a pin book because I don't know what else to do with them. :sad2: I figured that I could at least get some enjoyment out of trading them. I saw what fun Jenn's family had on our last trip and that inspired me so we got some traders. :banana:

No other real updates except ol' excessive compulsive me has already finished my tip envelopes for the places that I know we are going to eat at, our mousekeeping envelopes and my CM thank you cards. :rolleyes1 Yeah, I have seen my ticker and I understand that it says we have like 250 days but hey, what's wrong with a little .... um...... OCD plannin'? :laughing:

Hello!! I was excited to see another PTR started up for September. We just went in May for the first time and can't wait to go back.

My dh and I have been together for 11 years and have 3 kids together but never got married. We are getting married this summer and going to Disney as our honeymoon.

All of your planning looks great so far. I believe i'm going to start a binder as well for this trip. I'm always writing stuff down and forgetting where I wrote it.

Hello!! I was excited to see another PTR started up for September. We just went in May for the first time and can't wait to go back.

My dh and I have been together for 11 years and have 3 kids together but never got married. We are getting married this summer and going to Disney as our honeymoon.

All of your planning looks great so far. I believe i'm going to start a binder as well for this trip. I'm always writing stuff down and forgetting where I wrote it.

Welcome! Nice to have you with us.

Congrats on the honeymoon trip to Disney. :love: Have you started a PTR yet? Forgive me, I got so excited to see another new reader that I didn't check your signature to see if you started one! :rolleyes1

Hopefully you were not there the same time in May that we were...it rained EVERY SINGLE DAY for hours on end. :laughing:

I live by my binder. Don't know how I could plan without it. I have sheet protectors, pockets...all sorts of neat stuff!

Happy planning and welcome again!!

Ahem...........

I interrupt my pre-trippie for some scrapbook fun. My stupid, stinkin' camera decided to die on my while taking pictures so it is what it is. Didn't I grab another one with dead batteries too. Yeah, swell.........

Anywho, here are a few of the ones I did over the weekend. I finished off our Sept 08 trip and started scrappin' Sept 09.

Christmas2009003.jpg

Christmas2009004.jpg

Christmas2009008.jpg

Christmas2009011.jpg

Christmas2009017.jpg

Christmas2009020.jpg

Christmas2009023.jpg

Christmas2009027.jpg

I did quite a few more but this camera is not cooperating.....

Love the scrap book, very nice!!! And yes we were there while the rains just kept coming down. Although I believe it was the week after we went that was the worse. We were there from the 12-19, it was our last 2 or 3 days that were washouts. But we trudged along anyway!!!!

Can't wait to go back in Sept for MNSSHP!!!!!

Found you! I'm here, and I'm subbing! Make a call on FB, and I will show up. Better late than never, right?

Happy early anniversary! :love:

I’ve made a few decisions so far but I’m sure that I will change my mind throughout this PTR. :confused3 I already have my “first draft” of our itinerary mapped out. Obsessed, yes, I am. :earsboy: I’ve made the days interchangeable so that once the park hours and schedules come out I can finalize our plans. :teacher:

I'm planning for the first time (I've been before, I've just never been in charge of the planning), and this is the one thing that's freaking me out a little bit. I'm nervous about obsessing about creating the PERFECT itinerary, and then park hours coming out and screwing everything up! I need to learn from you planning pros on how to make days interchangeable!

:wizard:Day of Arrival
Check In
DTD for shopping and Earl for dinner

Earl is on my "must eat" list. I've never been there before, but based on all the reviews I've read and checking out the menu, it looks like I place I would :lovestruc. I'm hopefully going to plan it for our arrival or departure day.

:wizard:Day 2
Breakfast at Crystal Palace

Magic Kingdom

Lunch at Casey’s (family favorite – what is it with these hot dogs anyway?:laughing:)

Dinner at O’Hana

We have O'Hana AND the Luau on our itinerary. Never been to either, and I'm excited!

Back to MK for the evening

:wizard:Day 3
Breakfast at Resort

Epcot Future World

Lunch at Sunshine Seasons

Dinner at Kouzzina

:wizard:Day 4
Breakfast at BOMA

DAK

Lunch at Flame Tree (another family favorite)

Us, too! Absolutely love it! My ideal AK day is B'fast at Tusker House, lunch at Flame Tree, and Dinner at Yak & Yeti. Yum. I'm hungry just thinking about it!

Break (go to AKL for zebra domes – OMG, I love those things)

Dinner at Fulton’s (my sister’s favorite) :cutie:

:wizard:Day 5

Dinner at Tony’s

:wizard:Day 6
Breakfast at the resort

DHS

Lunch at Sci-Fi – We have not been back here for a few years. Granted the food isn’t great but the cheesy movie clips are the bomb!

Never been there, but I've heard good things. I plan to put it on our 2012 "must-eat" list.

Hoping that they offer Fantasmic tonight. If so, dinner at Mama Melrose. Cross your fingers for me people!

Fingers crossed!

:wizard:Day 7
Breakfast at either Chef Mickey’s or maybe Whispering Canyon.

Lunch at Kringla – mmmmm, school bread…yeah, that’s going to be my lunch!

I've never had this, either (I'm not much help, am I?), but I think it sounds like my kinda lunch!

Dinner at the Grand Floridian Café.

:wizard:Day 8
Breakfast at Kona

:wizard:Day 9
Breakfast at the resort

Lunch at a counter service somewhere…dinner too.

:wizard:Day 10
Breakfast at Akershus – Belle is my favorite princess so I am looking forward to this ADR. The food here is quite good as well.

Love the food, love the interaction. With 2 little girls, this will forever and always be on our "must-eat" list.

Lunch will be in the UK for fish and chips. It’s something we say we will try every year and so far we have never been able to do so.

I'm trying to work Rose and Crown into our week, too. I've heard nothing but good things, and I think DH will enjoy a beer break. :lmao:

Dinner at Maya Grille at CSR.

:sad2:Departure Day
Depending on what craptastic flight we get home, this day will be open. If we have time, we’d like to do one more breakfast at Kona. It would be an early, early one…first available and then possibly go to the Magic Kingdom for a bit before heading to the airport.

There are so many other places to eat on my wish list. I’m considering 1900 Park Fare for dinner, Cape May for dinner, The Wave, Artist Point, Chef’s de France for lunch (which I will most likely add for my brother), the Luau show (we’ve seen it twice but would like to go back) and several others. I’d love to hear your thoughts.

This list has a lot of my maybes on it, too. Actually 1900 Park Fare is a definite this time for us (never been there, but we are all excited to try it), as well as the Luau. I really want to try Chefs and Artist Point, but I don't think it's going to work out this trip. Luckily we just bought DVC, so I know I have a bunch more vacations ahead of me to try these places!

I have spent the day so far putting together my Disney binder. Yes, I do one each and every year and it saves me aggravation every single time!
[COLOR="Dark Orange"]Must.Post.Pictures![/COLOR]
I can't believe how much I have to put in it already, considering we are still over 8 months out. Sheesh, watching that ticker takes forever, doesn't it?

I am still looking for dining suggestions? What's your favorite place to eat, what do you get, and why is it your favorite?

Come on lurkers, let me know what your dining favorites are!

Anyone have any suggestions on tours? We've done a few so far but I'd like to hear what everyone else has done.

Thanks and Happy New Year!
Here's a list of my family's faves (not including the AK faves I listed above):
Liberty Tree Tavern
Akershus
Teppan Edo

Hmm... that list is shorter than I thought it would be. The number of places we haven't been to, but really WANT to go to, is much longer. Well, maybe we will add a few more faves to our list after our next trip. I'm convinced that Earl will be my next can't-miss meal.

No tour suggestions (I'd like to do several, but I've never done any. Probably won't until the girls are old enough to join us or at least to enjoy the Kid's Club activities.

No other real updates except ol' excessive compulsive me has already finished my tip envelopes for the places that I know we are going to eat at, our mousekeeping envelopes and my CM thank you cards. :rolleyes1 Yeah, I have seen my ticker and I understand that it says we have like 250 days but hey, what's wrong with a little .... um...... OCD plannin'? :laughing:
Who do you give the CM thank you notes to? Obviously you give them to CMs (doh!), but at certain places? Or just randomly?
Also, do you design your own, or do you use the Creative DISigns board on here?
Hey, we have 331 days to go, and I'm all about some OCD planning!:thumbsup2

I must have forgotten to quote the post about the dessert party, but I think that sounds INCREDIBLE! I also think that is a fantastic way to celebrate your anniversary without the expense of a vow renewal. Our 10 year anniversary is next year, and I'm trying to think of a neat way to celebrate it. Something like that might be really cool! I don't know that we will get back to WDW then, but maybe I can find something similar closer to home.

Cute! Love the scrapbook pages!

Thanks Beka. :goodvibes

Soph, are your pages in a binder? Thats a pretty good idea if so!

Yes, they have scrapbook binders to fit the sheet protector sizes. I love it. It's the only way for me from now on. When you visit, I'll show them all to you. ;)

Love the scrap book, very nice!!! And yes we were there while the rains just kept coming down. Although I believe it was the week after we went that was the worse. We were there from the 12-19, it was our last 2 or 3 days that were washouts. But we trudged along anyway!!!!

Can't wait to go back in Sept for MNSSHP!!!!!

We were there over Memorial Day weekend and it rained like MAD! I can't wait for MNSSHP either. It's so much dang fun! :3dglasses

Found you! I'm here, and I'm subbing! Make a call on FB, and I will show up. Better late than never, right?

Happy early anniversary! :love:

Here's a list of my family's faves (not including the AK faves I listed above):
Liberty Tree Tavern
Akershus
Teppan Edo

Hmm... that list is shorter than I thought it would be. The number of places we haven't been to, but really WANT to go to, is much longer. Well, maybe we will add a few more faves to our list after our next trip. I'm convinced that Earl will be my next can't-miss meal.

No tour suggestions (I'd like to do several, but I've never done any. Probably won't until the girls are old enough to join us or at least to enjoy the Kid's Club activities.

Who do you give the CM thank you notes to? Obviously you give them to CMs (doh!), but at certain places? Or just randomly?
Also, do you design your own, or do you use the Creative DISigns board on here?
Hey, we have 331 days to go, and I'm all about some OCD planning!:thumbsup2

I must have forgotten to quote the post about the dessert party, but I think that sounds INCREDIBLE! I also think that is a fantastic way to celebrate your anniversary without the expense of a vow renewal. Our 10 year anniversary is next year, and I'm trying to think of a neat way to celebrate it. Something like that might be really cool! I don't know that we will get back to WDW then, but maybe I can find something similar closer to home.

So glad you found me! Thanks for all of your suggestions. I have been afraid of Teppen Edo for some stupid reason. Don't know why :confused3

I still have not heard back from Disney o n my dessert party menu but you're right, it is way better than the cost of a vow renewal. I hope you find something awesome close to home for your 10 year.

Us OCD planners need to stick together, eh? :lmao:

yay--glad to find another PTR that's close to mine in dates! We'll be there after you 9-28 to 10-9--We'll be celebrating my birthday with the mouse and some halloween party fun for my DD!
The wishes Dessert party sounds FANTASTIC!

Also another obsessive scrapbooker here, I'm lucky with the lugging around photo stuff, DD still has to have a stroller,lol. Your pages are great--I'm a "hybrid" scrapper--Digi and paper, although I'm going digi for our trip from this December (I think) found so many CUTE CUTE disney digi stuff that I'm going to try it this time.

subbing in on the fun

Veronica

Love your scrapbook pages! I have yet to finish mine from Dec. '08 but I finally did a couple more pages over winter break! :rotfl: I think I have 2 more pages to do.

Welcome! Nice to have you join us. I really do want to try O'Hana's for dinner. Never done that before but we did do the Luau. Wonder if they have any of the same foods on the menu?

I never thought to make ressies close to the time of Wishes. Sounds like a great idea! Thanks!

We've done this too, and it was really fun to watch Wishes from the restaurant. They dim the lights and pipe in the music. Ohana is our favorite, its been a tradition since our first trip. I don't think the food is the same as the luau, but I could be wrong. I haven't heard to many good reviews of the luau - did you enjoy it?

My DH ordered me 125, yes, 125, pins to trade on our next trip! :woohoo: Jenn's gettin' 50 of them and there was a lot of 25 that he got that I am keeping. Let the tradin' begin!

I've been so tempted to do this - they are so much cheaper that way. I'm just worried that I'd end up buying counterfeit pins and they wouldn't let me trade them. How did you pick which lot to buy? (I'm assuming you got them on ebay?)

Oh, and awesome scrapbooking pages! I'm so behind on mine :rolleyes:

Love the scrapbooking!!! I really need to get into that one of these days!!!

I actually have those colored mickey head button looking stickers and I just stuck a magnet to the back of them and made Mickey magnets for my fridge!!!! They are the cutest things!!! I also bought a foam picture fram and stuck those all over it and got a "Disney vacation" sticker and stuck it on Austin's nightstand in his room- too cute :lovestruc. I plan on using the rest for the Autograph book I will be making for Austin when we go back!!!!

Sorry it took me 4 freaking pages in to find this!!!! I've been avoiding the DIS lately so it's been awhile since I've been here.

The dessert party sounds totally worth it to me and I think Norway will be a fun location. Hot fudge sundae will be awesome!!

I just went to FF and we loved it. We had Tim as our server and he was great. Our appetizers were both delicious as well as the desserts. We both got the same entree though and didn't really care for it. I'll post pictures soon for ya!

I really, really, really, think you should try Sanaa for lunch one day. It is awesome and probably my new favorite TS!!

yay--glad to find another PTR that's close to mine in dates! We'll be there after you 9-28 to 10-9--We'll be celebrating my birthday with the mouse and some halloween party fun for my DD!
The wishes Dessert party sounds FANTASTIC!

Also another obsessive scrapbooker here, I'm lucky with the lugging around photo stuff, DD still has to have a stroller,lol. Your pages are great--I'm a "hybrid" scrapper--Digi and paper, although I'm going digi for our trip from this December (I think) found so many CUTE CUTE disney digi stuff that I'm going to try it this time.

subbing in on the fun

Veronica

Welcome Veronica!

Happy Birthday super early! ;)

I can't wait to see what the dessert party will be like.

I've not tried to digi scrap yet. Too scared! :laughing: Lucky that your DD uses a stroller. I hear they come in handy. :laughing:

Glad to have you along! :yay:

Love your scrapbook pages! I have yet to finish mine from Dec. '08 but I finally did a couple more pages over winter break! :rotfl: I think I have 2 more pages to do.

Thanks. Seems that once I get on a roll I will do a TON of pages..then zip, zilch, nada for like six months. :laughing:

We've done this too, and it was really fun to watch Wishes from the restaurant. They dim the lights and pipe in the music. Ohana is our favorite, its been a tradition since our first trip. I don't think the food is the same as the luau, but I could be wrong. I haven't heard to many good reviews of the luau - did you enjoy it?

We did the luau twice and our family actually enjoyed it. The food wasn't bad, not great, but we thought that the show was fun. I really want to try Ohana for dinner.

I've been so tempted to do this - they are so much cheaper that way. I'm just worried that I'd end up buying counterfeit pins and they wouldn't let me trade them. How did you pick which lot to buy? (I'm assuming you got them on ebay?)

My husband is really picky when it comes to this stuff. He uses pay pal so that he can get a refund if they are not what we expected. He did use ebay. I believe them all to be legit especially because I received some that I already have. :thumbsup2

Oh, and awesome scrapbooking pages! I'm so behind on mine :rolleyes:

Thanks!

Love the scrapbooking!!! I really need to get into that one of these days!!!

I actually have those colored mickey head button looking stickers and I just stuck a magnet to the back of them and made Mickey magnets for my fridge!!!! They are the cutest things!!! I also bought a foam picture fram and stuck those all over it and got a "Disney vacation" sticker and stuck it on Austin's nightstand in his room- too cute :lovestruc. I plan on using the rest for the Autograph book I will be making for Austin when we go back!!!!

I didn't want to scrap and my sister insisted that I'd like it if I tried. Yup, I was bitten by the scrapping bug! Love the ideas that you had to use the Mickey buttons. Sounds super cute!

Sorry it took me 4 freaking pages in to find this!!!! I've been avoiding the DIS lately so it's been awhile since I've been here.

The dessert party sounds totally worth it to me and I think Norway will be a fun location. Hot fudge sundae will be awesome!!

I just went to FF and we loved it. We had Tim as our server and he was great. Our appetizers were both delicious as well as the desserts. We both got the same entree though and didn't really care for it. I'll post pictures soon for ya!

I really, really, really, think you should try Sanaa for lunch one day. It is awesome and probably my new favorite TS!!

There you are! I was wondering where you were at! ;)

So, why are you avoiding us!!??????:rolleyes1

You need to post FF pics so that I can see them. popcorn::

I will talk to Joe about Sanaa to see what he says.

So, what do you think about our lovely weather!!!

I hope you don't mind if I post pics...

I got inspired by you to scrap a little. I have almost ZERO supplies, just some plain colored paper, a spool of ribbon, & 2 sticker sheets, but this is what I've done for the dogs' album:
1910003.jpg

1910002.jpg

1910004.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter