Grade A Kids program

cjc

Mouseketeer
I have seen on the boards 'Grade A Kids program' mentioned.
Please can someone explain what this is? How much, etc?

I am staying at RPH next year with 8yro daughter and wouldnt want her to miss out on anything?

Thanks
cj

What this is is if your child has received at least one A on her report card she is given either a refillable mug or her room key is stamped Grade A for free drinks at the resort. I brought my daughters report card but the person that checked us in didn't even ask to see it, didn't ask to see our Entertainment card either. We only used this once at the pool area, ordered a couple of shakes and the free drink for my daughter and gave the waitress her key card. Husband paid cash and it turned out the waitress must have misunderstood and put all the drinks on my bill. I had no problem having it taken off though.

I was just at RPR 7/2/- 7/7. When I checked in I asked about the Grade A program. The women told me that the program had been discontinued. Didn't inquire any further about it.

because we were there 7/6-7/11 and my daughter received her "grade A" key card, she also received her welcome gift and my teens received the blue bags with all the goodies inside. I even got my milk and cookies which I did not expect since I used the Entertainment rate. I guess it all depends on who you check in with. The desk clerk that checked us in was so very nice and she seemed to know about all the special perks without us asking. She even accidently gave us a card for $10 credit at the mini bar, I am assuming it was accidental since that is one of the choices of welcome gift and we had requested and received the milk and cookies.

Debbie, did you check in at the regular check in or at the loews member check in??? Does this make a difference ?? Anyone know.

My kids received everything but the free drink. She gave them the key card with Grade A on it but said they couldn't use it for free drinks because that program was discontinued. I didn't feel like having a debate about it so I just let it go.

when we checked in at the portofino july 4th weekend, there was no loews checkin. and the clerk helping us was less than helpful about the various perks. the kids did get their grade a kids cups (after some "arm twisting") and they could use them at any hotel restaurant that had fountain sodas.

We stayed at Royal Pacific from 6/26-7/1. Both children got the Grade A Kids card and enjoyed many free sodas at the resort. I will say that we needed to explain it to most servers since they were unaware of the program.

We just returned from Portofino Bay and the Grade A program did seem to cause a lot of confusion. At check-in we were told they were out of the mugs and that a wrist band would be delivered to the room for the kids. That evening there was no wrist band so my husband stopped by concierge (I believe someone at check-in told him to do that when we came by the desk at 4 to get our room number). He was told that something would be dropped by the room. When we got back from the parks that night there were small handle bags for the kids in the room with the mugs, wrist bands, pencils, maybe a few other goodies, and some sort of white plastic cards that we weren't sure what to do with and never had a chance to ask anyone.

The only place we used the mug at was Sal's and it was no problem, they knew exactly what they were. We probably would have gotten more use out of them if we'd had time to go to the pool during the day.

So I would say maybe if they're confused at check-in, stop by the concierge and inquire--they were very helpful and it seems that if they didn't have the mugs available right then, they went and found some from somewhere.

We are staying at HRH in 2 weeks - all 3 of my boys should be eligible for the Grade A program. I hope they still have. I was thinking about calling the hotel ahead of time. I know it isn't that much free stuff, but a free sodas here and there times 3 does add up. If anyone had this service and information please let me know. Thank you

Two weeks ago at HRH my boys were given a card that was just like the room keys, but had A++++ on it. They presented this card to the Beach club bartender and he gave them the free drinks. They didn't get mugs which was fine with me as we didn't have to drag them along with us.

One time my husband got our drinks at the same time and there was no problem with ours being charged on the room key and the kids being free. The kids thought this was very grown up and we didn't have to worry too much about their losing the cards because their room keys for FOTL were seperate.

The clerk at check-in did make copies of their report cards, and even though my youngest's doesn't have letter grades, there was no question asked (I did have a note from his teacher just in case, though).

My youngest asked for kiddie cocktails and the bartenders cheerfully threw in some cherries.

Do we have to bring the original copy or is a photocopy OK for us to bring? I'd hate to bring my original and then lose it somewhere. We leave in a month and I sure hope I remember all tips I've read!

We were there (RPR) 7/16-7/21, kids received and used grade A, without any problem. After ordering drinks the waiter asked if they had a grade A card. They also received the backpacks with a water bottle, crunch and munch, squeeze pudding some shampoo and sunscreen samples. We also received milk and cookies the first night.

We are leaving for HRH hotel in 2 weeks, hope we get the same.
My little one will enjoy the gifts. All the boys will enjoy the free drinks. We are planning on spending alot of time at the pool, so the drinks will be a savings

I would think a photocopy of report card would do as the clerk who checked us in at HRH on 7/6/03 asked if the ones I brought were copies he could keep (they weren't, they were the "originals," so he went to make a photocopy and returned them to me). I wasn't too worried about losing the originals, though, as I immediately replaced them into the folder I bring along that I keep all my confirmations in. For receipts I use a zippered pencil case so all important papers make it back home.

I kinda have a dumb question about the report card thing. What happends if they dont have a report card? My son went to preschool and they dont get report cards for preschool, but he did really well? Just wondering if anyone ever asked that question. Thanks

When we checked in on June 26th for a too short, two night stay...club level, I presented all three of my teens report cards.(after hounding them to make sure they all had them before we left)
All three of them had made what we call .."Honor roll"....All A's and B's, nothing lower than a B...well, the fellow(West, from England) that was checking us in, said NO, it must be ALL A's!
The kids were disapointed, but only for a brief while, once they looked around the hotel and the club level, they didn't care. I also asked about the Loew's-Teen program and he said they have that going on all the time, but my teens didn't get anything special. We did get our Loew's benifit, popcorn and a free movie, which we watched one night before bed.
I guess it is just who checks you in, kind of like talking to a CM at Disney's CRO !!! LOL

All A's!!! That just sounds silly. I was going to bring my son's report card, which like your boys are mostly A's a few B's. Has anyone else encountered that?

Pooh's Pal, thats too bad you encountered someone that was not fully informed. It does seem to matter who checks you in. It shouldnt be that way though. Usually we get knowledged employees but there have been times we have had to ask the person checking us in to verify with a manager. Your kids should have also been entitled to the Teen program as well. I have been printing the offered promotions available to us so we have it to show them at check-in. The Grade A kids program is available to all school age kids with at least one A on their most recent report card.

" With the Grade A Kids program through Sept. 3, children who present a report card with at least one A get perks, such as a refillable cup for free soft drinks".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter