Grand Californian Super Thread

Looks like lots of great breakfast choices. I wonder what time you need to order if you're trying to make rope drop or early entry.
When I stayed at GCH, I had breakfast room service twice....between 5 and 5:30AM delivery...I was downstairs at the DD gate line at 6:15AM at GCH. That was for 730AM early entry!

Just be aware that link says Disneyland Hotel menu. The Grand Californian menu may not necessarily be the same.
Oh! Good observation. I didn't notice that. Do they have one on the DL site for GCH? If not, the one I linked above is for GCH for 2023.

They do! https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/grand-californian-hotel/private-dining/menus

Editing again to say that the unofficial site's menu may not be current. It says it's for 2023 but it also says it was last updated in 2018!

Refrigerator question. We have not been in this hotel for at least 14 years. Do they still bring up a fridge that we can use to keep milk, beer and water cold?

We were there in February and our standard room had a beverage cooler. So basically like a fridge but I don't feel like it got quite as cold as a normal mini-fridge. I didn't want to leave milk or perishables in it so we just used it for water. Not sure if you can get a proper mini-fridge or not.

We were there in February and our standard room had a beverage cooler. So basically like a fridge but I don't feel like it got quite as cold as a normal mini-fridge. I didn't want to leave milk or perishables in it so we just used it for water. Not sure if you can get a proper mini-fridge or not.

Same for ours in April, no freezer, but we used it for sodas and water.

Refrigerator question. We have not been in this hotel for at least 14 years. Do they still bring up a fridge that we can use to keep milk, beer and water cold?
They have medical refrigerators for those who need something colder than a beverage cooler for medication or breast milk, but I’m not sure it would fit enough beers to be worth the effort. It’s tiny.

By the way, some people have reported their beverage coolers getting very cold. I guess it’s a very strong YMMV situation. I wouldn’t put anything in it that wasn’t already cold.

I've been coming across posts from different folks about fire alarms and evacuation in the early morning at Grand Californian. Curious how common this is now --- has anyone here experienced fire alarm / evacuation in 2023?

By the way, some people have reported their beverage coolers getting very cold. I guess it’s a very strong YMMV situation. I wouldn’t put anything in it that wasn’t already cold.
On our last GCH stay our beverage cooler didn't seem very cold at all...DH found a temperature control knob at the back of the beverage cooler. It was switched all the way to low for some reason. Switching it in the other direction helped, but I don't know if I'd be confident in keeping milk in the cooler.

I've been coming across posts from different folks about fire alarms and evacuation in the early morning at Grand Californian. Curious how common this is now --- has anyone here experienced fire alarm / evacuation in 2023?
I’ve only stayed at the Grand once this year thus far and that was back in January but we didn’t experience any fire alarms or evacuation at that time. I went twice in 2022 and it didn’t happen then either. During all the stays I’ve had there (I used to stay about twice a year), it hasn’t happened. *knock on wood*

It happened to me when I was there for D23 last year. Thankfully it was in the afternoon but I was in my room resting before some late afternoon session. No idea what the issue was but it took about 45 minutes until we were let back in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter