Grand Floridan LV vs. Poly Conc. LV

mia01

Earning My Ears
DH & I will be traveling with a 3yr old DS 1st week of Sept. We are staying a couple of nights at the AKL then moving to either the GF or Poly - Cant decide which one. Please help!

Well, I've stayed at both the Polynesian Concierge Lagoon View and the Grand Floridian Lagoon View. I think the view from the Grand Floridian was better. The MK is closer, so I guess that's why I thought so. I liked having concierge service at the Polynesian, but I think I'd still rather stay at the Grand Floridian without the concierge service. At the Grand Floridian, all rooms do get robes, turndown service, and minibars - so it is in a respect similar to concierge (w/o the lounge).

Originally posted by CaliforniaDreaming
At the Grand Floridian, all rooms do get robes, turndown service, and minibars - so it is in a respect similar to concierge (w/o the lounge).

Wow I didn't know that. Call me silly but my favorite part about being in concierge was the turn down service :D I felt like I was really being looked after when we would come "home" and our bed had been turned down and the pillows put in a nice little row. We want to try the GF someday and knowing that makes me look forward to it even more :)

I thought the turn down service and robes were just for concierge level at GF. This new info has added to my dilemna. The DD wants to stay at GF, but concierge is out of our price range. Will now have to rethink our plans.:confused:

Originally posted by doxdogy
I thought the turn down service and robes were just for concierge level at GF. This new info has added to my dilemna. The DD wants to stay at GF, but concierge is out of our price range. Will now have to rethink our plans.:confused:

Yep, all rooms at the Grand get the turndown and robes - it's a great perk. :)

Originally posted by mia01
DH & I will be traveling with a 3yr old DS 1st week of Sept. We are staying a couple of nights at the AKL then moving to either the GF or Poly - Cant decide which one. Please help!

As usual <g>, my recommendation goes to the Grand Floridian.

Judi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter