Grand Floridian Room Requests ?

nikkid1

nikkid1
We are staying at GF for the first time in October for my 40th bday. It is one of the last three resorts I need to stay in to have stayed in all the hotels on property!! I am feeling unsure of what requests to make, if any. We are booked in an outer building, garden view. Is there a specific building I should request? Floor that is better?
Anything else we should know about Grand Floridian?? Experiences we need to try??

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Last edited:
Big Pine is one of my fav locations close to the main building end. Beware of upper floor which has dormer rooms. Some love them, because of the vaulted ceiling, but room is a bit smaller, and balcony is tiny, with solid wall. I hate them!! Boca Chica is also a great building next to Big Pine.

Top floor room at the end of the building- they have really high ceilings and just beautiful, have fun! I agree Big Pine, I think my 1st request would be top floor

We are staying at GF for the first time in October for my 40th bday. It is one of the last three resorts I need to stay in to have stayed in all the hotels on property!! I am feeling unsure of what requests to make, if any. We are booked in an outer building, garden view. Is there a specific building I should request? Floor that is better?
Anything else we should know about Grand Floridian?? Experiences we need to try??

Thanks in advance for any advice!

We love the monorail side of Sago - you get a view of the monorail and the lagoon. It's very quiet. We avoid Big Pine Key and Boca Chica if we book garden view because they're close to the pool, so noise potential, and Big Pine Key has a few rooms with crappy views of the pool house.

My two favorites are Big Pine Key and Boca Chica as both overlook the courtyard pool and are just steps from the main building. With that said, the GF isn't really all that spread out so while some of the buildings are closer to the main areas than others, none are that far away. BPK & BC will put you near the main building and both pools, while Sago & Conch will put you near the boat dock/bus and Gasparillas. The GF is a beautiful resort and like a pp said, there's really not a bad room/building. Have a great trip :).

We love the monorail side of Sago - you get a view of the monorail and the lagoon. It's very quiet. We avoid Big Pine Key and Boca Chica if we book garden view because they're close to the pool, so noise potential, and Big Pine Key has a few rooms with crappy views of the pool house.
With balcony doors closed we never hear any noise. The pool party is at the beach pool and the Courtyard pool is pretty quiet.

Good advice in here...we loved Sago - right outside the counter service restaurant and next to the main lobby building. Using touringplans Room Finder tool, we requested a specific room on the 4th floor of Sago facing the center of the grounds, and we got that exact room! We were thrilled with the room and the tool that helped us book it!

I like upper floor in Boca Chica - your view will be of the beautiful Main Building. It's especially pretty lit up at night:cloud9:

View from Boca Chica Garden View.jpg
(This was probably taken from outdoor stairwell, but gives you an idea of the view from 4th floor of BC.)
The Courtyard Pool was being redone this trip (Jan 2013) That area won't be an eyesore for you ;)

Here is a much better photo - just found in a google search
http://www.victoriaonvacation.com/2014/07/trip-report-day-1-pre-4th-of-july-magic-kingdom.html

With balcony doors closed we never hear any noise. The pool party is at the beach pool and the Courtyard pool is pretty quiet.

We have small children who nap, so as a rule, we avoid pool views until past the napping stage.

We have stayed at the GF a dozen times. Our favorite building is Boca Chica. We don't like the top floor dormer room because of the solid balcony.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter