Grand Floridian Splurge

DisDee

DIS Veteran
If cost were not an issue, tell me how you would plan for a five night stay at the GF- what type of room, location, ammenities, etc.? The trip will include 2 adult couples. What type of suites are available? What could one expect from concierge level? Thanks in advance for your feed-back!

Check out Cali-D's FAQ thread. It is near the top of the list of threads. He goes into all the different types rooms and suites available. I can tell you that if you are wanting to splurge at the GF then you will definitely want to be in the main building. Because for one thing, it's the main building! and it's also all concierge, and the suites are in the main building.

DisDee, if money were no object, I would book a two-bedroom suite under the Grand Plan (I have actually done that). My favorite GF building is Conch Key (have stayed in two different two-bedroom suites there). I think the view of Cinderella's Castle is wonderful, and the Water Taxi dock is right there (very convenient). Staying in any of the GF suites gets you access to both of the concierge lounges (both the RPC and Sugar Loaf). The lounge is a nice way to relax your weary feet, in my humble opinion. If you'd rather stay in a suite in the main building, then check into the Pres or Vice Pres suites (I forget what they're called). I am sure they are lovely (all of the WDW suites seem to be lovely, no matter what resort you're staying in at the time).

Here's the link to the GF FAQ Thread here on the Dis (I am sure you know where to find it). Let us know what you and your friends decide to do. Group vacations are always a lot of fun.

Originally posted by DisDee
If cost were not an issue, tell me how you would plan for a five night stay at the GF- what type of room, location, ammenities, etc.? The trip will include 2 adult couples. What type of suites are available? What could one expect from concierge level? Thanks in advance for your feed-back!

That's easy - I'd book either the Walt or Roy Disney suite in the main building! :) They both have two bedrooms and are absolutely gorgeous! Naturally they include access to the Royal Palm Club concierge, which is terrific. If you want to see some pictures to get an idea of what they look like, check here: http://***********.tripod.com/

Hey, imbe, thanks for telling people about my site. :D

Thanks for all the info. Unfortunately, to us, money is still an issue. We try to get a good deal whenever we can. On the other hand, very good friends of ours have family who just won a state lottery (in the multiple millions)! They are the lucky ones planning this trip for Nov.

Suite Disney--that is a great site you have--I loved seeing all the different suites!!! I have to agree with you, the BWI has the nicest suite, imho...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter