Great hotel pools in SoCal

MBW

Mouseketeer
Besides the pools at the DLR hotels, what other hotels in Southern California have great pools, particularly for kids? We'll be travelling around SoCal for the next year (in an RV) and love to get the kids out of the trailer and into a nice pool setting (and room service and other luxuries don't hurt every once in a while.) I'm looking for almost mini-water park-like pools, such as the Neverland Pool at DLH.

I don't think that anybody is answering, because there aren't too many places with pools that you describe. The Grand Pacific Palisades hotel by Legoland has a little bit of features by its pool (geared towards young kids), but certainly nothing on the level of the Neverland Pool and no pool slide. Out around Palm Springs, you might find something. We stayed at La Quinta Inn and Resort. They have over 40 pools, but they are just plain pools. However, they did say that later this year they were going to build more of a feature pool with waterpark amenities.

There are really nice hotels that feel like island resorts down in the San Diego area on Mission Bay and Coronado Islands. But, to my knowledge, they don't have slides or anything.

If you decide to swing into Arizona, I can tell you about some places that fit your bill, but not in SoCal.

I think with the beaches so close, several water parks, and so many private homes having pools that most hotels don't see the need for very elabortate, child-focused pools. The high-end resorts that could offer a "mini water park" cater to the adult market: the people who "want to be seen" rather than zip down a water slide.

In Orange County an area called Newport Dunes offers both RV accomidations and salt water play area. It's built in the upper Newport Bay and features a swimming area, boats, sporting activities and other features. The Hyatt Regency Newport Beach is right next door, a score of other hotels are nearby at Fashion Island other other locations.

Arizona's fine as well (we're nomads these days :) ).

Thanks everyone for responding. I guess we're stuck with regular pools, and the Pacific Ocean.

Arizona's fine as well (we're nomads these days :) ).

Thanks everyone for responding. I guess we're stuck with regular pools, and the Pacific Ocean.

In Arizona:

Pointe South Mountain in Phoenix has a small onsite waterpark. I'm not 100% crazy about the location, but the resort itself is nice.

Other hotels with extensive water features (although not necessarily a full blown waterpark):

Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak
Marriott Desert Ridge
Fairmont Scottsdale Princess (waterslides only)
The Phoenician (may just be waterslides; not sure)
Hyatt Gainey Ranch (may just be waterslides)

There may be some other hotels as well, those are the ones that I know of here.

I think the Welk Resort in Escondido has a decent water slide (according to their web site)

Cheers
jaysue

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter