Great time at BCV

ryley26

<font color=red>Theme Parks Co-Moderator<br><font
Just retuned from 10 days at BCV. We arrived at 1:00 room was ready this was a first and so nice. Our studio Room was clean, new pullout bed i thought was more comfortable then DW and my Queen. We received lots of welcome homes this time more than ever before. The staff was great and very helpful. I don't know if this has been said before but you can now check in at villas lobby. The carpeting was been changed on the fourth floor look so nice and clean. the parks were great and clean crowded but managable. We were lucky enough to get dream fastpasses at MK this made DS and DD so happy. We also did fishing excursion that my be the highlight of the trip caught 33 fish between five of us our guide Travis was great. I will be writing a letter tonight for him as soon as i find email address if anyone knows please let me know.The trip was great overall and planning next one as I type. Any question please ask Rich:thumbsup2

Sounds great, we did the fishing one August as well and it was so good.:fish:

I don't know if this has been said before but you can now check in at villas lobby.

They actually have a check in at the villas's lobby between the Breezeway and the Drawing Room??????? We don't need to check in at the BC Front DesK????

Donna

Glad you had a great trip! Can you elaborate on the fishing excursion?
OK question to everyone else, I'll be arriving in about 3 weeks where do we check in? Where did the ME bus drop you off as far as check in goes. Did you make a room request?
Thanks
Chris

Yes they are trying out a new check in system. I was there on the 6th and they said that was the first day of the new system. If you arrive between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. (or something like that), there is a sign at the main BC lobby that says Villa guests to check in at the Villas. So you walk over to the Villas and that DVC desk is now the check in desk.

Yes you can now check in in the lobby of BCV. ME drops you off at front of Beach club but you can walk over to villas and check in. We had a 7 am fishing excursion we left from Wilderness lodge fished Bay Lake. We were fishing off the Grand Floridian boat dock. We used live Bait did not want my 2 kids casting all that much. We started catching pretty quick Moved onnly one time to back of lake by Fort wilderness caught there also. You don't have to be an expert fisherman DSIL never fished before and she caught 9. The cost was $235 but had a great time and will be doing it again next year.:thumbsup2

So if I understand correctly....

You can't check in at BC......you have to walk to BCV?
thanks
Kerri

No you can still check in at the BC. You now have the option to check in at BCV if you want. I think they want to eliminate some of the traffic in BC and give DVC member a small perk of no line.

Has carpeting been replaced on certain floors? And in rooms too? We've never stayed there, but our first trip is in 2 weeks! :cool1:

I was on the 3rd floor of BCV and the carpeting was still the old carpeting. (this was last week)

Yes they are trying out a new check in system. I was there on the 6th and they said that was the first day of the new system. If you arrive between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. (or something like that), there is a sign at the main BC lobby that says Villa guests to check in at the Villas. So you walk over to the Villas and that DVC desk is now the check in desk.

That's great! Did you ever notice it getting crowded in the Villas Lobby with people checking in? Thanks!

Donna

No just a few people maybe two max the whole time i was walking through. I don't know about 2nd or 5th floor but 1 and 3 were not done carpeting just the hallways i believe.

Has carpeting been replaced on certain floors? And in rooms too? We've never stayed there, but our first trip is in 2 weeks! :cool1:

Here is a picture of the new carpeting in the hallways. I was told they are not replacing any room carpet yet, just the hallways at this time. The top portion is the existing carpet and the bottom portion is the new carpeting. The new carpeting looks just the same as the old, just a few shades darker. Hopefully, it will wear better and appear less stained than the old carpeting did. Hope it helps!

100_0963-2.jpg

Glad to hear you had a good time at my favorite resort. Since I'll be there in 17 days and 21 hours (approximately!), I was interested about checking in at the BCV lobby DVC desk. Could you tell us more about your studio? Where exactly were you? I was there last year, and although I had a wonderful time, my studio was kind of "tired" looking, in need of rehab. I saw two "suits" around, looking at things and making notes of what needed to be redone. I told them about my studio, they were very nice, and I'm wondering if things happened (I was also on the fourth floor!). Thanks for the report. Hope you saved some gelato for me.

I walked right past the sign that said you could check in at the BCV lobby last week. There wasn't a line when we checked in, so it really didn't matter. I did notice 2 CMs in the BCV lobby and it looked like they were checking someone in. It was a DUH moment.
We were in room 245 (1BR) and it was in great shape.

Oh this is excellent news! I'm hoping they extend this "test" when I arrive
in a couple of months!

We arrive in Dec! I can hardly wait. We have a dedicated 2 bedroom with 2 Queens in second bedroom. Thanks for the heads up on the check-in. Glad you had a great trip!:)

We stayed at BCV July 29 - Aug. 4.

When we checked in, there was a note on the table in our room explaining that all new carpeting was being put in the BCV rooms from "July 23 - the end of August", & to please excuse any interruptions from installations.

Our room did not have the new carpeting yet.

We stayed at BCV July 29 - Aug. 4.

When we checked in, there was a note on the table in our room explaining that all new carpeting was being put in the BCV rooms from "July 23 - the end of August", & to please excuse any interruptions from installations.

Our room did not have the new carpeting yet.

What kind of pullout couch did you have?
Chris

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter