Great time eating at WDW!

northcapemaymom

Mouseketeer
Hello folks! We just returned from a wonderful 8 day WDW vacation, and we experienced some great dining, too. Thought I'd share our reviews:

Crystal Palace for lunch- This is one of our traditional favorite places to eat. We always have a fun time with the characters, but the food selection is why we keep coming back. My favorite is the Asiago chicken and pasta w/ mushrooms. Yum-yum! The food was awesome and our server was friendly. We will continue to keep this restaurant as one of our favorites.

Boma for dinner- All I can say about this restaurant is "Wow!" It was our first time there, and we had a wonderful experience. The food choices were great! I enjoyed the seafood gumbo, all the different types of cold salads and of course, the desserts. Our server was Barbara - she was very professional. My husband even found the manager after our meal to rave about her. Our party agreed that for future visits to WDW Boma will have to be on our "to do" list of eateries.

Tony's Restaurant for lunch- I knew going in that people have had mixed reviews of Tony's. We had a delightful and delicious lunch there. We were seated in the front of the restaurant and just loved observing Main Street and all the goings on there. Some of us had the panini (sp?) sandwiches- they were really good. My husband had the chicken parm which he devoured. The biggest hit was the flatbread pizza my mom ordered. We were all eyeing that like a bunch of vultures. An encore at Tony's will be in our future.

Le Cellier for lunch- We've been here a couple of times and we are still batting a thousand. We really enjoy the food and atmosphere here. Some of our party ordered the burgers which I sampled and found to be very, very good. I had the French Dip sandwich this trip. It was fabulous! We were seated right when they opened for business, and we enjoyed the quiet atmosphere away from the park. The kids kept going for the pretzel bread they serve - yum! I love dipping the breads in my cheese soup. I can definitely understand why people really like this place.

San Angel Inn for dinner- Dining here is a tradition for my husband and me. I just love the darker atmosphere and the view of the Mayan temple. I had their chicken dish (something a las rajas) which was delicious! The margarita I enjoyed with it hit the spot, too. My husband had the Plata Mexiciana which he also enjoyed. This restaurant is quiet time away from the kids (they were with the grandparents at the resort) and we have always enjoyed the food here.

As you can tell, we really had positive experiences at the restaurants this trip. We weren't on the dining plan, but we did use our DDE card which saved us some money (3rd trip with the card). Hope this is helpful to some of you still prospecting what restaurants to try in the future. Have a wonderful day!

It's great to hear when someone has good dining experiences all around. Thanks for the reviews!

:thumbsup2

You know, I've only had Tony's for dinner and they always served complimentary bread and sauce with the meal. Do they serve that with lunch too?

At lunch the breadsticks were not free. If I remember correctly, I think it was 2.49 for 3 large sticks with sauce. Since there was 6 of us, we ordered 2 servings. They were quite tasty!

Thanks for the reviews. We have been to Boma twice and loved it both times. There soups and salad are fantastic (along with everything else too).

Thanks for the reviews! Boma is one of our favourites, if not our absolute favourite! And we're looking forward to trying Crystal Palace this time too. :)

Beth :wave2:

northcapemaymom said:
Tony's Restaurant for lunch- I knew going in that people have had mixed reviews of Tony's. We had a delightful and delicious lunch there. We were seated in the front of the restaurant and just loved observing Main Street and all the goings on there. Some of us had the panini (sp?) sandwiches- they were really good. My husband had the chicken parm which he devoured. The biggest hit was the flatbread pizza my mom ordered. We were all eyeing that like a bunch of vultures. An encore at Tony's will be in our future.

Le Cellier for lunch- We've been here a couple of times and we are still batting a thousand. We really enjoy the food and atmosphere here. Some of our party ordered the burgers which I sampled and found to be very, very good. I had the French Dip sandwich this trip. It was fabulous! We were seated right when they opened for business, and we enjoyed the quiet atmosphere away from the park. The kids kept going for the pretzel bread they serve - yum! I love dipping the breads in my cheese soup. I can definitely understand why people really like this place.

As you can tell, we really had positive experiences at the restaurants this trip. We weren't on the dining plan, but we did use our DDE card which saved us some money (3rd trip with the card). Hope this is helpful to some of you still prospecting what restaurants to try in the future. Have a wonderful day!

Great reviews! We have been to Tony's many times and have had fantastic experiences and so-so experiences. My kids and hubby always love to go, so after reading your review I checked Deb's site and see they have changed the menu again (which they do frequently). I know one of our sons will love that flatbread~the menu looks good! We are booked for lunch there in August! Thanks! :sunny:

I am with you on your love for Le Cellier~it is truly one of our favs, and I also love dippin' my pretzel bread in that yummy cheese soup :goodvibes The DDE card is great isnt it!??!! We will be getting our new one, but we also used our last card for 3 trips! Sweet! :thumbsup2

Thanks again for your reviews!

Thanks so much for the reviews. I especially enjoyed reading the Tony's review because, after two so-so visits for dinner, we've been thinking about trying Tony's for lunch.

Thanks for taking the time to give us reviews! I too loved Le Cellier! I thought their steaks, pretzel bread AND soup were awesome!

We also enjoyed Tony's. I had the Chicken Florentine which was wonderful!! DH got the spaghetti and meatballs and thought it was ok. My dish was one of my favorites of our whole trip though.

Dont you just love Boma's atmosphere!?! I'd really love to go back for their breakfast buffet, but I told my husband we have to try all new places to eat (including CS's) until we've eaten at MOST of them before going back to places we've already been. Its so hard not to make ADR's for Boma and Le Cellier again!!

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

I really want to try Le Cellier. It always gets great reviewa. I've got a question. My DD(14) doesn't like steak, but does love cheeseburgers. The menu says steakburgers and from pictures I've seen on other threads it does look like a steak sandwich and not a regular old burger. Can she get a burger, she's too old for the child's menu? Thanks!

Thanks for your reviews. I love the DDE card - it's saved us so much money.

It looked like a burger to me. If your daughter is a cheeseburger junkie, she'll like this one. My husband is a "beef, it's what's for dinner" guy and he really liked it. My dad and mom ordered the burger also and really liked it, too. Hope this helps :)

northcapemaymom said:
It looked like a burger to me. If your daughter is a cheeseburger junkie, she'll like this one. My husband is a "beef, it's what's for dinner" guy and he really liked it. My dad and mom ordered the burger also and really liked it, too. Hope this helps :)

Thanks so much. We're going to book it!

I looked at the menu at Tony's. Which one is the flatbread pizza? I see a Tony's pizza that has onions on it, and a Pizza Bianco. The Bianco looks interesting. Is it just white cheese, or is there pizza sauce on it too?

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter