Great to be back at Bonnet Creek - Live Trip Report with photos!

Done around 37 trips to the US, 50+ hotels, almost every one of them thru an agent (Royal Pacific @ Universal & Disney, I have booked those direct)
Agents offer discounts you don't often get direct, strange system but that's how hotel reservations work.

i never use a booking website, except for once when it worked out really really well
it was when DD and her friend stayed in new york for 3 nights (on their way down to WDW)...
i couldn't find them any hotel for under $300/night...(well...there were a few, but they were the sort of places, two young girls would be expected to earn a bit extra on the side, if you know what i mean :eek: )

so when they were actually on the plane, crossing the atlantic, i found an incredible deal on expedia...
for a really nice hotel in the times square area...
i went to the hotel website and the same room was going for almost $400/night...
but on expedia it was just over $100/night!!!!!!
so naturally i booked it for them....
i was worried they'd get stuck in the basement or something, but no, they were given a really nice room....and for an amazing price!!!

unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work for disney resorts...

It looks gorgeous!
Glad to hear you had a nice day at discovery cove. It does sound good value :)

amazing view!!!! thanks Wayne!!!

it looks like a fabulous place to stay and for such a reasonable price compared to WDW....and it's located right inside WDW, right?

i'm definitely going to consider it for our next trip!!

Right next door to Caribbean beach. Just took us 5 minutes, literally from getting in the car at Epcot to getting out the car at BC.

So for the first time in ages we have been defeated by the heat at a park. Got to Epcot at 8.40. Rode sum of all thrills 3 times, all upside down of course. Husband did single rider on test track twice by 9.30. Then remembered I had left my phone in the car, would normally worry but thought the heat may damage it so my lovely husband went and got it while we ride single rider test track. Queue for TT was already 70 minutes at 9.40, single rider was 10. After that it was time for our TT FP so we all rode together. Still prefer the old version but a great ride either way. Then to mission space for next FP. Never a queue for this normally but the family that rode with us had waited 50 minutes and it wasn't even 10 yet so must have been there first ride, crazy. Maybe it's the effect of FP+. Then we wandered over to uk as son wanted fish and chips. We had bought bagels with us as we are not big fans if counter service but did share some chips which were delicious. Then into France for dessert. We had ice cream and ice cream filled chocolate macaroons which were great. If I was in DP I would definitely have my counter service meal here. Everything looked good. I think most if the cakes were a snack credit too.
Then looked in a few shops but so hot didn't even use our last nemo FP. Was going to go on spaceship earth when we left but again massive queue, 30 minutes, never usually like that do just came back to BC. Just going to go for a swim and hope it rains before going to Aquatica! Before we came I thought I had read that there had been lots of rain but no sign if it now.
Think we might go Applebee's tonight as it was very good last year.

Think we might go Applebee's tonight as it was very good last year.

We didn't get to Applebees this year, relatives ate there last week and enjoyed it.
O'Charleys was the biggest surprise for me this year, seen it many many times but it looks nothing from the outside. inside is far nicer and good food. Their $9.99 selection is great value.

We didn't get to Applebees this year, relatives ate there last week and enjoyed it.
O'Charleys was the biggest surprise for me this year, seen it many many times but it looks nothing from the outside. inside is far nicer and good food. Their $9.99 selection is great value.

We tried Applebees a few years back when we were at Vero Beach. I don't know where there is one near Disney? Has it been there long?
Also Wayne, O'Charleys looks good! Where is that please?/
Jules x

We tried Applebees a few years back when we were at Vero Beach. I don't know where there is one near Disney? Has it been there long?
Also Wayne, O'Charleys looks good! Where is that please?/
Jules x

We went to one attached to the Holiday Inn SR535 Lake Buena Vista but I believe there is one on Idrive somewhere.

O'Charleys is Turkey Lake rd, next to Michaels if you know that.

So pleased to hear your having a great time & your pics are fab :thumbsup2

Look forward to hearing more :surfweb:

After a bit of pool hopping we headed to Aquatica for about 4.30. After buying my parking pass yesterday there wasn't even anyone at Aquatica parking so would have got in for free. Parked in preferred, never ever pay the extra but nice on this occasion as it was so hot. Park looked packed and son immediately said we should come early one day but we need not have worried as no queues really. We went on Omaka rocks a couple of times and the one next to it. Then son went on the new breakaway falls a couple of times. That's the one where the floor disappears. Looked terrifying but son loved it. Went round the lazy river so many times, my favourite. Then a mad dash to the plug hole slide, no idea what it's really called but its a lot of fun. So we got alot done in just over 90 minutes. Will be back Atleast a couple more times.
Then went to Carrabbas for first time. They have a Monday night special. Either $12, $15 or €18 for 3 courses. It's was excellent. I had a side salad, calamari, sirloin steak skewers, lovely bread, all for $15. It's was all delicious. The service was excellent, will definitely go back. Had planned in Applebees but saw an advert just before going out so a spur of the moment thing, didn't regret it. Sorry there are no photos but my husband just doesn't get taking pictures of food!!
Finally went to target as son had finally decided what to spend his birthday money on, beats headphones. He was so happy with them. Big red things but must admit very good sound quality. He didn't quite have enough dollars (about €60 short) and kept saying can I pay you back in England as he has loads in his money box, but his lovely dad said"my treat".

After a bit of pool hopping we headed to Aquatica for about 4.30. After buying my parking pass yesterday there wasn't even anyone at Aquatica parking so would have got in for free. Parked in preferred, never ever pay the extra but nice on this occasion as it was so hot. Park looked packed and son immediately said we should come early one day but we need not have worried as no queues really. We went on Omaka rocks a couple of times and the one next to it. Then son went on the new breakaway falls a couple of times. That's the one where the floor disappears. Looked terrifying but son loved it. Went round the lazy river so many times, my favourite. Then a mad dash to the plug hole slide, no idea what it's really called but its a lot of fun. So we got alot done in just over 90 minutes. Will be back Atleast a couple more times.
Then went to Carrabbas for first time. They have a Monday night special. Either $12, $15 or €18 for 3 courses. It's was excellent. I had a side salad, calamari, sirloin steak skewers, lovely bread, all for $15. It's was all delicious. The service was excellent, will definitely go back. Had planned in Applebees but saw an advert just before going out so a spur of the moment thing, didn't regret it. Sorry there are no photos but my husband just doesn't get taking pictures of food!!
Finally went to target as son had finally decided what to spend his birthday money on, beats headphones. He was so happy with them. Big red things but must admit very good sound quality. He didn't quite have enough dollars (about €60 short) and kept saying can I pay you back in England as he has loads in his money box, but his lovely dad said"my treat".

never been to aquatica - how does it compare to BB and TL?

We've always enjoyed carrabas.

Only been to aquatica once but had fun. Thought very similar to disney water parks.

If I wasn't already sold the fireworks view would have sealed the deal, just have to hope I get as lucky as you.

Is that the bath tub right next to the bed?

I was set on a villa for half our stay but my well try bc (although we wont be visiting dw during that part of stay). Guess decision comes down to whether we want a private pool

never been to aquatica - how does it compare to BB and TL?

Aquatica is great, looks a lot more modern than the Disney waterparks, a lot brighter. Some great slides and definitely the best lazy river, very fast. The only thing I don't like because I am a bit scared of heights is when you have to go up the stairs to the slides you can see exactly how high you are whereas at Disney they are all enclosed. My sons favourite waterpark.

If I wasn't already sold the fireworks view would have sealed the deal, just have to hope I get as lucky as you. Is that the bath tub right next to the bed?

Yes a jacuzzi bath, it's lovely. There's also a separate bathroom with a walk in shower then the other bedroom has another bathroom with a bath and shower over it.

After deciding against legoland today we packed a lot in once again. Wanted to stay out of the sun as we have 2 days at Universal from tomorrow. So we went to DTD to see Guardians of the Galaxy which we all liked. Only $7 each before midday so a cheap morning. Then went to Earl of sandwich. For some reason they gave me a Disney employee discount so only $18 for lunch and it was delicious. Then into Disney Quest for an hour, had to drag my son out as we wanted to go to typhoon lagoon at 4. Got back to the room and weekly housekeeping had been so looked lovely again. We keep it pretty tidy so I don't mind no daily housekeeping. Then onto typhoon lagoon and it was packed, probably as it is so hot. Shame it closes at 6. We really only went for the waves so still had fun. Had to pop to Walgreens quickly and drove past Steak 'n Shake. Son said he do like to go in, we thought it was a McDonald's type place so were pleasantly surprised that it was waiter service.. All the meals were under $4 so weren't expecting much but the burgers were great and the shakes were to die for. I had ultimate banana. Total bill for 3 big burgers and 3 great shakes was $23. Service was great so left $30. Don't know how we missed this place. Will go back.
So back in room. Going to watch a couple of episodes of the office (us version) then early to bed for early start tomorrow. Bit worried about the heat tomorrow, it really is too hot for parks but no choice as universal hotel booked. Least we have already done HP so don't have to worry too much about that.

Yes it's been really hot today. We at SSR and DH overheard somebody say it was the hottest day of the year today.
Loving your resort pics. A few issues with our room at SSR when we arrived, no light in the bathroom, handles hanging off drawers, drawer not opening and handle on privacy blind pulled off so blind hanging opened, your room makes me very jealous.
Enjoy universal we are there next week when a cold front is coming so gingers crossed not too bad.
Looking forward to hearing all about it.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter