grocery delivery at DVC resorts

zulaya

DIS Veteran
Being a new DVC member, just having bought at BCV (YEAH!!!), I was wondering if there are any opinions on the grocery service at DVC resorts. I was reading they would get your groceries and deliver for $5 delivery fee. Has anyone done this? Are the grocery prices outrageous? Is it a worthwhile convenience? Or should I hit Wal-Mart on our way to check in?

Thanks.

Hi-
I have been looking into grocery delivery as well. You can downlaod and print a grocery list from each of the resorts, they will have the things in your unit when you arrive. I think the prices are pretty high, so I decided to buy all the dry goods, etc that we will need and bring them down in the car, and then pickup the perishables at the general store at OKW.
Hope this helps!!

17 days to go!!!

I know that some people use the internet services to have groceries sent for them. I cannot vouch for any of them, but one I have seen mentioned more than once is www.netgrocer.com.

Just another option to bringing food or shopping in Orlando.

We use Netgrocer each time for all non-perishables and then pick up the cold and frozen food on the way to WDW from the Airport. Never had a problem. Will continue to use them, going again in May.

At one point (I believe in RADP) someone mentioned a $30+ fee that DVC charged for package delivery, specifically to discourage Netgrocer types of purchases.

Was I dreaming this?

Spiceycat -

How do I get there and back without a car? Will it be cheaper then?

most of the towncar rentals have a grocery stop - just ask when you make the reservations -

I believe the DVC grocery delivery fee is only $5. Being a newer member, I just don't know if they charge you to have NetGrocer deliver. I know NetGrocer's fee's aren't much higher than $5 for deliveries in Florida.

We have never been charged a fee. Took our last trip in Dec and pkges were held for us at BWV and delivered to the room when we checked in.

Last February we had a major order with Netgrocer, a whole weeks worth of groceries, four or five boxes, delivered to BWV. No charge at all, the front desk people brought it up to our room and refused to take a tip. February 2001. Maybe now they charge but I never heard of that. Maybe you should post a new thread to ask.

This came up about a year or so ago. Many reported having no fees and I don't recall a single person on this board that said they were charged any fee at all.

Being a new DVC member, just having bought at BCV (YEAH!!!), I was wondering if there are any opinions on the grocery service at DVC resorts. I was reading they would get your groceries and deliver for $5 delivery fee. Has anyone done this? Are the grocery prices outrageous? Is it a worthwhile convenience? Or should I hit Wal-Mart on our way to check in?

Thanks.

Although we haven't used the delivery services yet, we're currently checking out the the following services for our upcoming trip to the G. Floridian, each one having great reviews from what we've read so far;

http://jetsetbabies.com/

http://www.wegoshop.com/

http://www.gardengrocer.com/

While it appears that the prices are higher than most supermarkets, and there are service charges added to the orders, it's just a matter of word of mouth, the small differences in fee's and stock availability.

We need to remember, we're on vacation, in a huge vacation destination, and we don't want to be bothered with shopping when we arrive when we can be enjoying ourselves.

Also, the prices aren't that bad, and for the small fee's inccured, to me, it's more than well worth it! Not to mention, you can order right from your own home.

Personally, as a single dad of three young daughters, believe it or not, I love to shop and clip coupons, I just dislike standing in lines, I'd rather be enjoying my vacation.

I've read posts from others that with babies that they'll pack diapers and wipes in their luggage, then when they leave for home, they have so much room for gifts and other things. I great idea on one hand, but it's more to carry. Others use FedX and ship packages to their resort.

Today, I've got to figure out what we'll need when we arrive and pick out which service to use. We'll need to refrigerate many items such as milk, baby foods and drinks, I'm just not sure if the refrigerators at the G. Floridian are the normal small size, and whether it will fit a gallon of milk allong with other stuff. Anyone have feedback on this?

But, for the $12 to $20 delivery fee's, it's more than worth it. They advise to place your orders well enough in advance of arrival. I think however, unless you don't mind ordering several times for several deliveries, thus multiplying the delivery fee's, I'd stick to one or two orders and from one or two delivery services.

When you figure in the cost of Disney food and the price of groceries on site, I found grocery delivery to be a very, very reasonable option for my last several DVC visits. With even more options for delivery coming up it also seems like competition is actually driving prices down.

We used gardengrocer.com to place an order in August 2006 and were not charged a fee by the resort. We were not in, so our groceries were delivered to Bell Services, who stored them in refrigerated cases and then delivered them to our room. Gardengrocer and Bell Services had the whole thing down pat, so I think they do it a lot. It was a fantastic service by both GG and BCV and very convenient -- I shopped before I even left for vacation and didn't have to worry about it again!

If you are planning on doing this, do so well enough in advance so you can secure an appropriate delivery time for your trip -- I think they only do so many deliveries a day. I will definately use them for our trip in December.

We used gardengrocer.com to place an order in August 2006 and were not charged a fee by the resort. We were not in, so our groceries were delivered to Bell Services, who stored them in refrigerated cases and then delivered them to our room. Gardengrocer and Bell Services had the whole thing down pat, so I think they do it a lot. It was a fantastic service by both GG and BCV and very convenient -- I shopped before I even left for vacation and didn't have to worry about it again!

If you are planning on doing this, do so well enough in advance so you can secure an appropriate delivery time for your trip -- I think they only do so many deliveries a day. I will definately use them for our trip in December.
We used gardengrocer.com in March and have scheduled another delivery for our trip next month. There is a $40 minimum order plus a $12 delivery fee (it was only $10 in March, but came up at $12 when we placed our July order; I can understand an increase, what with the way gas prices have been). Everything was delivered to BWV as scheduled. We were not yet in our room, so Bell Services stored the delivery, refrigerating our "cold" products, and delivered everything to our room promptly once we were in the room.

Ralph

The only fees are assessed by Gardengrocer --- there is not an additional fee charged by the resort to receive the order. It is customary to tip the Bellman for delivery to the room, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter