Guide Books - Passport v. unofficial guidebook

Bridge203618

Mouseketeer
Can you tell me what you like and dislike about each one and why you pick one over the other or why you think you need both?

What is one missing over the other and vice versa.

Thank you!!!

Unofficial guide is my favorite, I have only bought the passporter once. UG has tons of info and is very detailed. I like the touring plans and rating system on everything. The only thing I dont like about it is the off site stuff b/c we don't step foot offsite when we go so I always have to skip that stuff, and I think man this book could be smaller if they would take that out, but I know some people find it useful.

Passporter has plenty of room for planning, but not as many details and ratings on the rides, hotels, dining. I don't plan on paper anymore and do everything electronically (computer then to smart phone) so its a waste for me.

We love both!! We end up buying both each time we're planning a WDW trip....they are so different.

The Unofficial Guide has more in-depth descriptions of rides, restaurants and resorts as well as touring plans.

The Passporter we use more as an organizer/journal. There are places to jot down all your ADRS, flight info, etc. There are pockets to keep receipts, tickets, etc. We try to fill in the yellow pages in the back each night with memories about the day.

We are bringing both with us when we head down to WDW in 6 weeks!!:banana:

Happy planning!

I should probably add that I have already decided on the resort so that isn't needed for this trip. I have been there before as well.

I like both, but the Unofficial Guide is the best IMO. I like the Passporters version with the journal. It's great to use in addition to the UG because it is more visual and has check lists and areas for budgeting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter