Guided Fishing Excursions - feedback?

We did this years ago and as we were staying at the BWI we did the Epcot one. It was a very early morning excursion and being out in the middle of the lake watching the World Showcase wake up was one of the coolest things we've done at Disney. The only down side was we didn't catch a single fish! Even our guide tried and he never got a bite. It was so bad that they refunded us back half the cost. The Guide was super nice and we had a good time even if the fish had no interest in playing along.

We've done it in December probably 4-5 times from WL and the Poly. All were at 7am and caught plenty of fish, no matter what temp was.

We've done it in December probably 4-5 times from WL and the Poly. All were at 7am and caught plenty of fish, no matter what temp was.
I had totally forgotten about possibly doing this late Nov/early Dec from the GF. Calling tomorrow!!

BLT always has the best sunrises and sunsets Every day!
So I would choose the Contemporary but would actually think fishing from the Fort Wilderness seems more like a theme and maybe have a golf cart reservation to add to the fun .

BLT always has the best sunrises and sunsets Every day!
So I would choose the Contemporary but would actually think fishing from the Fort Wilderness seems more like a theme and maybe have a golf cart reservation to add to the fun .
It's so peaceful to watch the monorails go by at sunrise! We always do a 2 hour from 7-9am

Whoops - should add our experience to the thread I created!
My husband did an excursion 8/24 leaving from the Poly at 7am. (Side note - we were staying at Coronado. When booking they pushed Ft. Wilderness departures but we later realized there was no reasonable way he could get there at early, so we moved it to Poly. He took a Mears taxi and it was prompt - early even - and affordable).
Highlight of his trip! His guide Matt was outstanding. He caught 9 fish, one blue gill and the rest bass. One was an "old timer" 3+ lbs, who had visible scars and was blinded presumably from being caught (and escaping) by an eagle/similar at some point in his life. Loved all the knowledge he got from the guide. Explored around Bay Lake, Discovery Island, Ft. Wilderness Estuary, Magic Kingdom boat dock.

Do you have to pay at the time of making the reservation or do you pay when you arrive? Couldn't seem to find this info on the websites anywhere. Does it matter much what time of day? Notice the 1:30 time is much cheaper but wondering if fish are less likely to bite then? I'm not a fishing expert haha!

Do you have to pay at the time of making the reservation or do you pay when you arrive? Couldn't seem to find this info on the websites anywhere. Does it matter much what time of day? Notice the 1:30 time is much cheaper but wondering if fish are less likely to bite then? I'm not a fishing expert haha!
When you book. We have one reserved in December.

All - is 2 hours enough or should I upgrade to 4 for DH? It's a surprise for him.

I don't think they actually do fishing in Epcot itself. I believe it's the waterway connecting Epcot to DHS. Could be wrong though.

The Disney website does mention fishing on Crescent Lake and World Showcase Lagoon - but we all know how (in)accurate the website can sometimes be :)
We left Bayside marina at 7am by Yacht Club and our guide took us straight under the bridge into World Showcase Lagoon, so yes you do get to fish inside Epcot. It was amazing! The entire park was quiet except the music from WS was alive and still going so it was a truly unique experience. We ended up catching some bass and a turtle (unfortunately), then went to HS and near crescent lake. However, strolling into Epcot with our own private boat before the park opened was the best fishing experience we’ve ever had with Disney. We prefer that to SSL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter