GV at 7 months

TiggerFreak

Never goes gankin on the Internizzle
Hi All,

Just read a post from DVCJman on how much he enjoyed his recent stay in a GV at OKW. I t really is nice to hear about the good times DVC members can enjoy.

It got me thinking about next year. My home resort is VWL, but would like to try a GV at OKW. Has anyone had any luck reserving a GV at the 7 month window?
If that is unrealistic, what about an equitable trade, VWL at 11 months for OKW at 11 months?

Thanks in advance for any info.

118 days till VWL

We have actually heard of one or two successes at the seven month window. These were a while ago, but they did happen.

Normally, the only way to reserve a Grand Villa is to call every morning, pretty early, exactly 11 months out. Then add a day each day. One time I didn't call till 11:00 am and was locked out. I had to move my whole vacation forward a week.

It seems that the ending of the passes in '99 caused many OKW owners to take their first non-OKW vacation since joining. It seems that much of that is over now and Grand Villas have become prety scarce again.

Personally, I wouldn't want to spend more points for a smaller unit at VWL.

In March 1999, we had booked the Grand Villa at 11 months out (the cheap nights) and the weekend nights at 7 months out, with no problem.

When we checked in at 9:30 Am in March, they said our room was ready...yippee! But, I asked her, that means no one was in it last night, we could have had the Grand Villa the night before. So, I guess there are times during the year, that you can get a Grand Villa at 7 months out, you just need to be flexible.

I know, another time, I wanted to get the Grand Villa the 2nd week in October, at 7 months out, and didn't have any luck, but all of September was available, and the 3rd week of October. We booked the 3rd week of October.

It wouldn't hurt, next time you call Member Services, to ask them what time of year is best to book a Grand Villa at 7 months out, some of the Member Service reps are very knowledgable,

Good Luck!

So, do you mean you wouldn't consider an equitable trade? I've read many of your other posts where you don't consider VWL to be a value because of the point allocation. Would you consider a trade for equal amount of beds, instead of points?
Some may find the "Prestige" of a Grand Villa may be worth the extra points in a trade. Maybe a 2Br & a Studio at VWL for a GV at OKW?

Just curious!

You might want to post your "equitable trade" offer on the DVC Rent/Trade Board here at DIS. Those types of situations are frequently suggested on that board.

Good Luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter