Hagrid's Virtual Line???

I know this is too late to answer OP’s original question, but passing on my experience anyway. This past weekend I had bookmarked the webpage on my phone. We got to Royal Pacific before 8 but virtual queue was not open. While waiting for my son to ride Hulk I went ahead and set up my party. Non early entry people were released at 8:45 and shortly afterwards VQ opened. We got a spot at 9:00 and then the counter kept adjusting to a earlier entry. It was a little confusing where to enter the queue due to cast members holding up signs advertising the VQ QR code, but the entry was between the lockers. The end of the line once entering was at the top of the hill at the little huts, so not bad. Same thing on Sunday, VQ opened just before 9, except this time entry was at 10:30. Went straight to area between lockers, had to weave through crowd waiting for their time. This time there was no wait, a straight walk on, bit of a shock. On both days I had no success in getting a second shot. I guess the only advice I can give is to save a few seconds once on site and set your party up and start trying around 15 minutes before official park open. I did not want to risk the rescheduling feature since other posters have said your original time would be canceled and you might wind up with nothing.
I had zero issues with rescheduling yesterday many times, between weather and midday break. I didn’t know it could be an issue…. We’ve already ridden today also - this time no rescheduling. (All it had you do was push the time out on a bar between 1 minute and like 2 hours or so)

Got to the park around 1:40 and snapped the QR code from a sign on the way to Lost Continent. Nothing was available. Got seated at Mythos a little after 2 and when I pulled out my phone to scan the QR code for the menu, I saw that reservations were available. Got reservations for 4 which ended up being delayed to 4:45 due to weather. There were a lot of people “in line” to get in. Seems like some people were waiting for their times and other people just got in line behind them. We went straight up to the front and showed our QR code to be let in.

Do you have to use the Virtual Line or can you just use stand by? If you can use stand by what is the experience? We don't normally take our phones to the parks, just leave them in the safe at the hotel. Thanks.

Do you have to use the Virtual Line or can you just use stand by? If you can use stand by what is the experience? We don't normally take our phones to the parks, just leave them in the safe at the hotel. Thanks.
Other than early entry, it’s only virtual line (unless it isn’t busy). Everyday we’re there it went virtual when the park opened.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter