hair braiding on the ship?????

BABYJOSIE98

DIS Veteran
:confused: I know they do hairbraiding on the ship but when and where do you sign up for that?:confused: Our last trip I saw little girls getting it done by the pools,but when I inquired it was booked up. So we had it done on Castaway Cay,but that took up some of our beach time. I would much rather have it done while on the ship.....;) Thanks.........................:p I figure that is something I should sign up for the first day like Palo and the Spa!!

So excited!! Under 100 days now!!! YIPPEE:sunny: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsboy:

When we cruised on the 5th, registration was between 8:30 and 9:30 on Sunday. This proved to be a slight inconvenience for us, since we were at our character breakfast and the girls had to leave for a while to refister.

:D We have a 4 day crusie booked??? I am sure the braiding times are different than the 7 days cruises. Sorry I forgot to mention the length of our cruise...;)

We were on the 3-day Wonder this June. I'm not sure if it is exactly the same as the 4-day. My niece signed up at 5:30pm the day we sailed. We signed up near the shops/preludes. There was a bit of a line when we got there at 5:15. She was able to make her appointment for 10:30pm that night. The lady did a wonderful job. It was $2 a row for the crown/zig zag pattern. The total was $22 plus the tip. There is a book of styles on the table.

Hope this helps!

We stopped by when they were braiding by the 'ESPN club on Monday night (4 night Wonder) and signed DD#1 up for the next evening, but there were few appointments available. I didn't know about any official registration time. next time I'll pay better attention. DD#1 got a "crown" and today it is 3 weeks in and still looks great--she still gets a lot of comments on it.
Robin M.

Thanks musicgirl!!!:p That does help....Gives me an idea of where to look and I was figuring that people must sign up on the first day. I am sure DD will want braids again and this time she can have them the whole trip.....:cool: :cool: :cool:

We were on the June 28th Magic and had the same problem of not knowing when and where to sign up. We had to wait for the lady to have extra time to do the braiding. If I was able to find any complaint about our trip this would have been it, it would seem that as big of a deal braiding is that DCL would have advertised the sign-up. My daughter was able to get it done so no real problem but it was a little stressful, more for me than her she did avoid the tears however. Next time we will know what to do!

I just went to the CastawayClub.com site and looked at the 4 day Navigator. It was from September. For that one it listed hair braiding appointments are taken on Sunday 5:30 - 6:30 just outside of Treasure Ketch (Space is limited). When you get your Navigator at check in look for the time and place for your specific cruise in case they changed it.

hth

Does anyone know when to register for hair braiding on the Magic? I want to get mine done early in the cruise so I don't have to do my hair all week!

for Jlawall,

Gometros mentioned the Western earlier in the thread-8:30am-9:30am at the Treasure Ketch.

However, it is slightly different for the Eastern according to the Platinum Castaway Club navigators. It is 9:00am-10:30am at the Treasure Ketch.

So basically, look for the hair braiding appointments in the Welcome Aboard navigator for the 3 and 4 day cruise.

For both of the 7 nights, look in the Sunday, 2nd day navigator for the information.

Hopefully,this covers everyone looking for times.

I hope you all have fun!

Thx I was confused from some of the other posts. So you check on Day 2 in the Navigator and then schedule appt. Thx to all for your help!!!

I just got back from a cruise n I'm a teen...I also just took my braids out last nite after having them in a week, they started getting scraggly lol. If you're going on the Western Magic a suggestion about hair braids is not to get them done on the ship. A full head w/ braids is $80 and in Cozumel a full head is only $25 and they do just as good of a job!

We just finished the July 19 cruise... my dd13 tried to get an appointment on the ship to no avail. We then talked to someone in guest services and he had us go to Treasure Ketch on Thursday morning and make an appointment for Castaway Cay. They have lots of women braiding and wrapping hair on Castaway Cay and I noticed that they were also taking 'walk-in's'...

My dd had 1/2 head done - she has very long hair and wanted beads on the ends -- it was $3.00 a braid.

Bobbi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter