Hakuna Matata Team Challenge Hours/Miles

Dave Hope you are feeling better.

Glad I ogt some work out in yesterday morn, as all day was in court.

Today is SCUBA class night after work so not planning on a lot, weather is getting yeckey today.

Keep up the good work team., you guys are showing a whole bunch of dedication and it will pay off in the long haul.

Yesterday on my walk, I explored a new subdivision going in, so my regular 6 mile walk turned into 8 miles! That was a good thing, because it does not look like today will be good for long miles. I might get in a short (1.25 mile) loop just to get the dogs out, if I can dodge the high winds, rain and snow! Today is dedicated to cross training - pilates tape and bowflex.

Dave - good to hear from you and that you are still among the living.

Connie, I will add last Friday's times to this week, but will start the new schedule.

Good morning team. I did manage to get in a half hour of stretching this morning. I'm thinking about going out to the mall with Erica to wander a little. Victoria Secrets keep sending me a coupon for a free panty so Erica can go pick HER one out. Don't go there any of you.;)

Thanks again for all the pixie dust and good thoughts sent my way. Looks like it works cause I feel great.

Have an awesome day guys.

Healing Panda:hippie:

Ok Dear Team, since I'm in slug mode for a bit I'm sending you a little fire ball, please welcome your new team mate Kewz1, or you can call her Kristin, she is married to that made marathon machine Z.

Recruiter Panda:hippie:

Fire Ball?? :rotfl: :rotfl2: Someone's been feeding you lies!!

Thanks for the welcome! Looking forward to being part of the team. I'll do my best every week although my numbers may not always indicate it. I'm in "single mom mode" for a few months more and can't always make it to the gym as planned. Not making excuses though!! Currently my run days are Tues and Thurs -- hoping to add Sats pretty soon -- once soccer starts for my DS.

I'll check in with you later with my info. Happy training!

Kristen

P.S. Those of you in the South in the path of the front moving through -- batten down those hatches! One word for you -- WINDY! :scared1:

Fire Ball?? :rotfl: :rotfl2: Someone's been feeding you lies!!

Thanks for the welcome! Looking forward to being part of the team. I'll do my best every week although my numbers may not always indicate it. I'm in "single mom mode" for a few months more and can't always make it to the gym as planned. Not making excuses though!! Currently my run days are Tues and Thurs -- hoping to add Sats pretty soon -- once soccer starts for my DS.

I'll check in with you later with my info. Happy training!

Kristen

P.S. Those of you in the South in the path of the front moving through -- batten down those hatches! One word for you -- WINDY! :scared1:

Hi Kristen, on the teams you count in two catagories: number of miles for anything that you can figure miles from, like swimming, biking, walking, running, treadmill or stationary bike. You also log your hours both for what I just mentioned but also for any type of exercise you do like working out to a tape or even shoveling snow. If ti gets your heart rate up and you do it for a while it counts.

For example if you run for an hour for 5 ,miles but limber up and stretch for 15 min prior and for 15 min after you would count 5 miles and 1.5 hours. Then if you went to a yoga class you count the time there also. We decided that general house work wasn't an exercise since it doesn't elevate your heart rate.

When does the Z man come back?

Just a minute at the BW business center to say HI to my fellow teammates.

I've been doing 3 miles in the morning and 1 hour of workout time. I did have my meter on yesterday and logged an additional 4 miles wandering the Magic Kingdom. Love this place for walking. No ice, no cold and beautiful sunrise.

See you when I get back,

denise

I've been doing 3 miles in the morning and 1 hour of workout time. I did have my meter on yesterday and logged an additional 4 miles wandering the Magic Kingdom. Love this place for walking. No ice, no cold and beautiful sunrise.

See you when I get back,

denise

Ok sweet princess, we are green with envy, tell Mickey Hi for us and tell him we will see him in Oct at the ToT.

Glad you got a break from the frozen north, you guys sure needed it. Get home safe.

Hi Kristen, on the teams you count in two catagories: number of miles for anything that you can figure miles from, like swimming, biking, walking, running, treadmill or stationary bike. You also log your hours both for what I just mentioned but also for any type of exercise you do like working out to a tape or even shoveling snow. If ti gets your heart rate up and you do it for a while it counts.

For example if you run for an hour for 5 ,miles but limber up and stretch for 15 min prior and for 15 min after you would count 5 miles and 1.5 hours. Then if you went to a yoga class you count the time there also. We decided that general house work wasn't an exercise since it doesn't elevate your heart rate.

When does the Z man come back?

Thanks for the explanation! Z man returns sometime in May -- definately by mid-month but it's starting to look like he could be home by the first week. :woohoo:

See you when I get back,

denise

Denise -- I am so jealous!!!! That's 4 miles I wouldn't mind doing right now!

Kristen

I'm BACK!

It was a rocky ride home since the winds had picked up but we managed. Tired but happy from the week.

Will post news later and PM my miles/min.

denise

I'm BACK!

It was a rocky ride home since the winds had picked up but we managed. Tired but happy from the week.

denise

YEAH!!!!! Denise is back:yay: Did you say Hi to Mickey for Erica and I.

We missed you.

Team I have a new member for us, Cobbler. Please say Hi and welcome our new player.

We are snowed in today and I'm waiting for my pretty Princess to getm home, we have 4 inches on the ground and it's snowing like crazy with 21 degrees.

Snowy Panda:hippie:

I'm BACK!

denise

Welcome back! Glad to hear you made it back safely.

My feet are cold. I'm sure your son would love to have his slippers back.

Hi Team! I overdid my knee last Saturday and I have been taking it easier this week, mostly doing the bike! I am supposed to do ten miles this morning in prep for the ING Georgia Half...I amy have to walk that ten this am! :eek:

Welcome to Kewz1 - glad you are with the best team in the challenge :thumbsup2

Welcome Cobbler! Aren't you doing the Minnie also? I can't remember for sure...

Hope you had a great time, Denise

WELCOME, Cobbler! :cheer2:

Frozen Panda no kidding you have 4-inches of snow...need to borrow my shovel? Ice storms and snow in KY... Yikes! Stay Safe :scared:

Hope you had a great time, Denise

WELCOME, Cobbler! :cheer2:

Frozen Panda no kidding you have 4-inches of snow...need to borrow my shovel? Ice storms and snow in KY... Yikes! Stay Safe :scared:

Everyone please move to the PART DUEX thread:love:

Snowed in Panda

:welcome: Hey! Team!

I just got back from my 5K! I did a race report and posted it under the walking thread. It was fun!

First things, First!:welcome: :welcome: To Dawnie and Cobbler!!! So glad to have you on our team. If you need a reason to keep moving, team spirit is a pretty darn good one! :grouphug:

I am your ever faithful Captain and adult supervision. Adult supervision means that I am in charge of keeping Playful Panda out of trouble. Although, I am pretty sure that it can't be done! :lmao:

Please keep track of your miles and hours and just send me a private message at the end of the week with the totals. I will post the weekly combined total at the top of this board (Page 1). The Spreadsheet takes forever to load, but I will post the link to it as well. Our current week begins on Saturday and ends of Friday. (gosh, I hope that doesn't change again!)

If you have any questions feel free to ask me, your captain :sail: (aka Connie)or Swarthy Panda co-captain :boat: (aka pirate: Windwalker, Dave and "fill in the adjective" Panda). :upsidedow

Cobbler, please tell us about yourself! And Cobbler and Dawnie, join in, get to know us!

Now, let's all go play! :simba:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter