halloween cruise/ Magic: October 28th-nov..4th 2006

which type of cabin/category do you get??

• cat 1

• cat 2

• cat 3

• cat 4

• cat 5

• cat 6

• cat 7

• cat 8

• cat 9

• cat 10

• cat 11

• cat 12

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We're in a category 6...cabin 6560. We just had 6060 on our West Coast Cruise and loved the location. It wasn't available, or we would have booked it again!

Kim :flower:

It seems like all of the rooms would be great..I was totally unsure what type of room to go with so I got suckered into getting the cat. 4 I think we will be really happy with that type of room but probally did not need to spend the extra money on it.. oh well too late now..

I was a teacher tchrmom what grade do you teach?? I bet you are busy at this time of year..How are you getting time off next year to go on a cruise?? If I was teaching still and not staying home with the twins then I would never be allowed time off my district is strict about that type of thing

I am a first grade teacher. Our school district gives teachers 6 personal days, besides the additional 10 sick days a year. They are used for when you are not sick, but need to take time off. The hard part is planning for a sub for 5 days!!!!! :guilty: THAT takes work!

I would say that it is perfectly alright for your girls to dress as a princess on formal night! They will fit right in. I did notice on our 7/2/05 cruise that the only ones who really did stand out were the beaded dresses/tux people. (one couple REALLY sticks out in my mind!) It seemed like most people just wore "nice" dresses/dark suits..........fancier than say church clothes. I even saw a princess Jasmine costume on formal night, and she looked cute!

We have a cat. 10 room. We are in our room so little, it is not really worth it for us to get much more. On our last cruise, we were not in before 2 every night, and were up by 6 or 7. (XLT and I like to watch the sun come up and drink coffee out on deck in the morning.....then nap during the afternoon by the adult pool)

Hope everyone has a good Monday!
Fran
:teacher:

Hi,
That is soo awesome that your district gives you that many days off...Mine used to do that but took them away when they gave a new contract...

I am glad that you think it is ok for the kids to wear the costumes they are at the age that they love this kind of stuff and the princess are their absoulute favorites..

My Dh and I will not be wearing a fancy ball room gown or tux.. I have a few simple but elegant balck dresses and dh will wear a tie and jacket..do most men wear suits???Dh has so many from work it will not be a problem.

Also how do you get from the airport to the boat do you use the disney transportation??We were thinking of taking a limo but do not know who to use do you have any suggestions??
thanks hope you had a nice monday..

Also how do you get from the airport to the boat do you use the disney transportation??We were thinking of taking a limo but do not know who to use do you have any suggestions??
:confused3
OK, Kritter......................this is one I can't answer for you. We live in Tampa. The port is about 2 1/2 hours away. However, the night before, we always drive over and spend the night. (Just to get the vacation started early.) What day are you coming in?????? Sat. I would assume. If I were you, I'd try and arrive Friday night, if possible. I would get a shuttle service from the airport to a hotel, like the Raddison, that has free shuttle service. I would ask around to others, who have flown in.....they are in a better position to give advice on this one. SORRY!!!!

Fran

kritter...

I was wondering the same things about transportation. I didn't book Disney air...we're planning on either 1) arriving Friday, getting transportation to a hotel near the port, and shuttling over early Saturday OR 2) arriving a few days early and spending some time at WDW at a Disney hotel, then getting private transportation to the port on Saturday morning. Now that I've been on DCL once before and since they have online reservations, I'm not as frantic about being the first on the boat, but I DO still want to start our cruise as early as possible and enjoy the empty pools with the kids! Money will probably be the deciding factor in the end...whether we want to tack on a few days at Disney or just do that as a separate vacation later. Since we've never been to WDW (we're annual passholders at Disneyland), a few days might not be enough.

well we are disney vacation club memebers so what we are doing is staying from the monday before till sat..morning at saratoga springs resort in wdw.. and then need to get transportation to the boat saturday morning and taking the cruise..this way it is a chance to stay in disney then we can go on the cruise so it will be like a fourteen day trip..

kritter...that sounds like an AWESOME trip! Keep me posted if you get any transportation tips...I'll do the same!

great I will do that I posted a thread on the transportaion section and have heard that tiffany and prestige along with florida tours is good..florida tours is very pricy though..

Just checking in tonight..................not much going on here. They are saying that we will have a tropical "storm" here this weekend............other than that, there really isn't too much going on.

I wish I could help you guys with the limo thing...............It will be nice to be able to do this cruise w/o planning all that stuff. We did the West coast cruise this summer, and all those little details drove me crazy!

Fran

Fran,
I really do not mind planning all of the little details but it is a way to keep me excited and into the trip...

Hope the storm is not too bad keep us posted...

Back to page 1......we were getting pretty low onto page 2. Hopefully this thread will pick up soon!!

Dave

Good Morning all. I just finish booking this a few minutes ago so, add me to the list of folks on the Magical Halloween Cruise 2006.

I'm Scubarn's sister. Joining me will be our Mom, Ann.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you over the next few months. And yes, I will be wearing a costume on Halloween! :banana: It's the one chance out of the year, I do not have to have on my corporate game face.

To those of you in the Mississippi Delta region, good thoughts and prayers to you. Stay safe.

Kathy

thanks Dave,

WELCOME KATHY!!

We sooo look forward to meeting you...and getting to know you ... we also are wearing costumes and can not wait....

Kritter,

I see that you are also a DVC member.

While everyone was booking the October 2006 trip last Oct, I was buying my first 200 DVC pts. First trip home is in a few weeks, 2 Bdr at SSR! Food & Wine Fest! Nephew's first trip to WDW! Can't wait!

Kathy

Get enough People and the limo ride is 1/2 the price of the bus ride. I'd love to get together and take the limo if some of you are game. This will be our 7th Cruise, we love Disney. Didn't use points this time the price from Dreams Unlimited was too good to pass up. My wife is retiring from her School Nurse Job Oct 1st 2006 and this Cruise was perfect

Welcome Kathy and joksten.....should be a lot of fun getting to know each other for the next year.

Lets try to keep us on page 1 so others can find us.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Dave

joksten2000 said:
Get enough People and the limo ride is 1/2 the price of the bus ride. I'd love to get together and take the limo if some of you are game. This will be our 7th Cruise, we love Disney. Didn't use points this time the price from Dreams Unlimited was too good to pass up. My wife is retiring from her School Nurse Job Oct 1st 2006 and this Cruise was perfect

the price was soo right...

Welcome...what limo company do you recommend using??

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter