halloween cruise/ Magic: October 28th-nov..4th 2006

which type of cabin/category do you get??

• cat 1

• cat 2

• cat 3

• cat 4

• cat 5

• cat 6

• cat 7

• cat 8

• cat 9

• cat 10

• cat 11

• cat 12

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Crash,

Thanks soo much for the web site for the home theatre.. How do you keep up on soo many different sites???

The furniture is coming today and the TV is getting installed on Sat. afternoon....WE can not wait to use it. The room we made into the home theatre room has always been just a mish mosh room.. Toys etc.. SO I am really happy to have the home theatre room now...

The cruise decision has been tough one for me.. I really am not sure how much we will like Mexico.. DH has been there and does not think I will enjoy it but the double dip does make it looke soo much better......

Crash,

Thanks soo much for the web site for the home theatre.. How do you keep up on soo many different sites???

The furniture is coming today and the TV is getting installed on Sat. afternoon....WE can not wait to use it. The room we made into the home theatre room has always been just a mish mosh room.. Toys etc.. SO I am really happy to have the home theatre room now...

The cruise decision has been tough one for me.. I really am not sure how much we will like Mexico.. DH has been there and does not think I will enjoy it but the double dip does make it looke soo much better......

Awwwww.....

... C'mon! Join us for the PC return voyage! It will not be all that long. Even though for Alicia and I it will be our longest one yet. AND... it engenders so much that is truly extraordinary! Cartegenia is real "Romancing the Stone" adventure... and just think how exotic it is to transit from the west coast to the east!

Plus - you should take a look at the ship load of personalities we seem to have here! They are a real LIVELY crowd! Sure to litterally double your fun. ANd - the deferrment to 2008 means you can shop for LAST MINUTE DISNEY BARGAINS. They come up every september... as they cannot sell their 4 niters. It's just a matter of whether you can swing enuf of a value flught to get down there. Or at least that is our plan. The last minute specials appear on icruise.com in mid october. I have only seen 7 nite last minute bargains ONCE and that was 4 years ago for our 1st sailing.

Alternatively... if you can snag a last minute 3 or 4 day ... then you can balance that with a WDW visit... or dare I say... sea world or US? Frankly... Alicia and I lean towards visiting DL as opposed to WDW since we have AP for DL. And ... the SW and US represent unique destinations for us... plus I have been itching to visit Cape Carnaveral... but I've been holding off til Julianna is old enough to get into the real science of aeronautical engineering and space flight.

SO tonight we opened savings accounts for the kids. The bank has a program where they award the kids play "dollars" for each deposit they make. And these play dollars represent tangible incentives for them to get into the routine of deferrment and saving to nuture an interest yield ... and eventially gain compound interest. PLUS... when the kids reach an accumulation of 100 play dollars they can turn it in for the top award... a $50 savings bond. Granted... if it is a 30 year note it might havr a present value of $17-20... but the idea is they learn to save and recognive the slow and steady benefits of such. You should have seen us (me) counting the contents of their piggy bank. We drew out something like 1/3rd and it came to $50.... and I said that was enough.

Of course.... the kids have well funded 529 plans... and lots of cash from gifts that we have set aside in a more secure place then their toy piggy banks. DId I ever tell you about our neighbors' baby sitter who stole about $600 for their kids' piggy banks? Disgusting... eh? THe money was eventually returned - but what an annoying circumstance.

So... if you can reconsider the PC Aug sailing - I think it is worth a second glance. Of course... ANY DCL voyage would be a blast! We were reduced by a hurricane from a 7 to a 5 then finally a 4... which turned out to be a modified western when we booked originally for a special eastern rotation with San Juan thrown in - PR is one of our favorite places to visit too! But it was not meant to be since the hurricane messed things up... and that voyage still turned out to be a blast in the end!

At any rate - how do I keep up... well... I am potentially setting up to withdraw from the sept sailing I have booked ... and I don't do much with the september 2006 folks... as I just drop in maybe once a week to skim a little to see how folks are doing. And on this thread it's just the two of us right now... and then I have the wild new one for the PC in August! As for anything else... most of the Theater forum folks are over my head... and on the digital photography forums I am strictly a lurker. Thise guys are real artists and professionals some of the time and me... I'm mostly a snap happy hack by comparison. So - I just read those forums.

So - once you start running your new home theater you'll have to let me know how fun and entertaining it is! Plus... maybe you should conside getting one of those new nintendo Wii game machines to use in the home theater! Nothing beats using the big screen for those games. SO - do I have a Wii? No. And that is cuz I have a certain among invested in the X-Box that I've had for some time... but I ave heard the Wii is the leader this past holiday season - and I bet it is more suited for young kids. The X-Box is better suited for teens and adults.

OK... time to wander off now... see what sort of trouble and ruckus I can stir up elsewhere... OK... just kiddin'!

Crash, During the holidays nephew #3 brought over his Wii for everyone to play. I have had previous injuries to both rotator cuffs (Pilates) and I re-injured my right one playing the boxing game. It hasn't been right since. Apparently it was for a good cause. All the kids (ages 29 to 12) found it amusing to see their "old" Auntie kicking butt. I currently hold the highest score on boxing. None of the youngins' have yet to beat me! They also think I'm funny to watch.

Crash, During the holidays nephew #3 brought over his Wii for everyone to play. I have had previous injuries to both rotator cuffs (Pilates) and I re-injured my right one playing the boxing game. It hasn't been right since. Apparently it was for a good cause. All the kids (ages 29 to 12) found it amusing to see their "old" Auntie kicking butt. I currently hold the highest score on boxing. None of the youngins' have yet to beat me! They also think I'm funny to watch.

See???....

... us parents CAN compete with our kids on their terms after all! <chuckles>;)

Crash,
Do you have all your cruise plans set and ready to call DCL this week????

Not quite...

I am not sure whether we have actually defined an upper price limit... nor have I verified whether we'll cosider a 2nd cabin in lieu of paying the sort of rates they seem to have published for 3rd and 4th passengers. Because - if the 3rd and 4th PAX are $1299-2399 for ages 3-12... further varying with cabin catagory - then it might not be a lot more to have a 2nd cabin! And if that is the case - we might settle for 2 connecting INSIDE cabins. No window - but we would have an open door between two rooms - making for a lot of wild running about! ANd - if anyone (me) is snoring too loudly then my spouse can sneak into the other cabin and shut the door!

SO - the real answer is yes and no. I am ready to buy now - but there are a few critical issues - which can be handled on the spot = or I'll call in advance on monday or tuesday - if I find the time in the day.

Are you gonna consider calling in the early AM too???:confused3

BY THE WAY...

Did you see the new sticky on the cruise meet forum? It addresses a new policy for dishing out penalty points for folks who violate the DIS guidelines or who the moderators feel have been conducting themselves improperly. And when penalty points are assigned - a new thread appears in a penalty area - where the guilty ones may appeal their case = or get grilled til convicted! I love it... they've created a DIS traffic court! Too bad we didn't have this system in place when that infantile "G" was lurking about. It would have served her right to get a point or two then have a PUBLIC RECORD for all to see. Well... so much for my little rant.

I think the "G" shut down her prior identity and faded away. OR - at least the wise thing for her to do is to restart with a new identity - as her guilt has been plastered all over. She dare not show herself with that screen name while I am around .... I assure you. ;)

Crash,

Sounds like booking two rooms may be the way to go for you..

Looks like the Repo cruise that you are going on will be a blast. The group seems really Great!!

Not sure I would last two weeks on a cruise even if it is Disney...Dh wants to look into it but the kids and school and all.. This could really produce some problems..

So I think we will be doing a double dip or just the plain Eastern. I really like the ports on the Eastern better than the Western.. But we will spending a week in ST. Thomas that summer as well....
So I need to make up my mind asap.. Otherwise my TA is going to scream!!!

crash,
Were you able to book the cruise you wanted this morning???

sorry...

... distracted...

yup - got it! Plus 8 more cabins for friends and family!

Ya gotta join our sailing!

Cheers!

8 More cabins!! WOW!!!

Your friends owe you BIG TIME!!

I really just got 4 more (plus my own)... and one of the 5 got 3 more. SO, of the 9 total I managed just 6 of the total of 9.

I don't know about anyone oweing ME anything. If anything I owe THEM for joining my family with on our idea of a vacation. Kno what I mean? Yeah, they got what I consider to have been a good deal - relatively speaking, but in the past they have cited how Disney cost more then the average cruise line. Some of the folks coming along have never been on a cruise before. SO ... this is already a radically different experience for them compared to the other things they've done...

SO - I heard from my TA... she is following up to see what she can get. She cited that normally after the customary number of days has passed... all the cabins with TA holds expire as they usually have no money on them. And those cabins revert to inventory where we could have picked up something. That should have happened on Sunday at midnite... but this time there were NO cabins returning to inventory. Even as of today there are no cabins available for sale or transfer.

SO there is a lot of speculation as to what is going on. I can't believe all 877 cabins were actually sold with money on them for the sailing. If so - I do believe this could be a 1st... except for possibly the inaugural sailings! Well... then again,... maybe not... as I mean this could be a 1st for a 1st day of selling sellout in 8 hours. Well... actually - I know for a fact there was reshuffling of cabins that were available cuz I had purchases as late as saturday. At good prices too.

At any rate... I don't know what to expect on a cat 4... and I believe other folks were posting that the cost of a 4 was something north of $12-14K. Cat 6 was hovering at $10-11K with a rebooking 10% discount.

I don't have any idea what it would cost if we got one - and my TA was particularly skeptical in her email reply. But - as you know - stranger things have happened.

Cheers,
Tom

I really just got 4 more (plus my own)... and one of the 5 got 3 more. SO, of the 9 total I managed just 6 of the total of 9.

I don't know about anyone oweing ME anything. If anything I owe THEM for joining my family with on our idea of a vacation. Kno what I mean? Yeah, they got what I consider to have been a good deal - relatively speaking, but in the past they have cited how Disney cost more then the average cruise line. Some of the folks coming along have never been on a cruise before. SO ... this is already a radically different experience for them compared to the other things they've done...

SO - I heard from my TA... she is following up to see what she can get. She cited that normally after the customary number of days has passed... all the cabins with TA holds expire as they usually have no money on them. And those cabins revert to inventory where we could have picked up something. That should have happened on Sunday at midnite... but this time there were NO cabins returning to inventory. Even as of today there are no cabins available for sale or transfer.

SO there is a lot of speculation as to what is going on. I can't believe all 877 cabins were actually sold with money on them for the sailing. If so - I do believe this could be a 1st... except for possibly the inaugural sailings! Well... then again,... maybe not... as I mean this could be a 1st for a 1st day of selling sellout in 8 hours. Well... actually - I know for a fact there was reshuffling of cabins that were available cuz I had purchases as late as saturday. At good prices too.

At any rate... I don't know what to expect on a cat 4... and I believe other folks were posting that the cost of a 4 was something north of $12-14K. Cat 6 was hovering at $10-11K with a rebooking 10% discount.

I don't have any idea what it would cost if we got one - and my TA was particularly skeptical in her email reply. But - as you know - stranger things have happened.

Cheers,
Tom

Tom,

Sounds like you will have a great time sailing with your friends and family...

The cruise did sell out fast. I am sure some rooms will open up as maybe not all paid deposits when they had too....

You would expect rooms to open up ...

... but on Sunday midnite no rooms returned into the system. Curious. This implies that all of the cabins have money holding them. :confused3

I was the first to notice cat 9 cabins were available on DCLs' web site today. They were asking $9,500 for a quad for a 4+7 year old... I could not get the page to advance beyond the intital quotation though as their system was frozen. So - less insurance (which is automatically added) the quad price on a window was about $8800-8900.

I was the first to notice cat 9 cabins were available on DCLs' web site today. They were asking $9,500 for a quad for a 4+7 year old... I could not get the page to advance beyond the intital quotation though as their system was frozen. So - less insurance (which is automatically added) the quad price on a window was about $8800-8900.

Sounds like not tooo bad of a price....

Hello everyone. Starting to feel the need to book another Disney cruise. We are off on our NCL sailing in less than a month but I am already missing Disney. Looks like we are going to look at a fall booking. Anyone booked for the fall of 07....maybe the Halloween cruise again? Erin.

Hello everyone. Starting to feel the need to book another Disney cruise. We are off on our NCL sailing in less than a month but I am already missing Disney. Looks like we are going to look at a fall booking. Anyone booked for the fall of 07....maybe the Halloween cruise again? Erin.

Erin,
I think Terri had mentioned she was going to be on that cruise again.
We have been thinking about doing it again for Halloween. But we have a WDW vacation planned for 07 in Sept. for nine days. Worried how much school the kids could miss. We are booked for 08 already. Now DH wants to do another one for 07 tooo!!!!!

As you may already know...

... and I'll post it here so as not to fan the flames of discontent elsewhere... DCL took back the CAT 4 into their inventory rather than give it over to us. Oh well...

I guess they figure the $10,178 price we had was not enough for them as a quad?

Oh boy!...

... just noticed the next posting was 4300th... so I had to have it...

and here is the latest image I was posting from the PC cruise meet thread... seein' as it's already on my clipboard... Alicia is a Capricorn...

stickers_08cfc52a854ed0166809a01498bd336e.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter