Halloween Horror Nights 2010?

The first weekend of Oct is still HHN...and, probably the 2nd weekend of it.

Guessing it'll be mobbed either way.

May as well go with the "less school missed" route.

They had some Pre-Production thing going on in the corner of the Horror Make-Up Show lobby today. They had a sign up with ropes blocking off the area. Quite a few team members over there as well. Seemed like they had signs for what may've been possible houses for this year.

I would've snapped pictures, but I only had my cell phone with me and people kept obstructing my view.

i am just worried that the crowds will be HUGE columbus day weekend - i dont want to spend the whole night waiting in one line - 2007 when we went on the sunday before columbus day we were only able to get in 3 houses - 2008 we went on saturday and sunday the week before and did all the houses both nights without express and really didnt wait long for any of them - i think the longest wait may have been for doomsday - but with the opening of harry potter i am concerned about crowds.

Of course it's not as good as the Studios' SnS area.... Studios SnS has food...and....beverages! Unless they have adult beverages in the IOA SnS area, then forget it! :snooty:

:laughing:

Yes, the Studios' SnS is usually next to Finnegan's, which is always a good place for :drinking1 and party: prior to HHNs.

But it also get's released into the park for HHNs before the IOA's SnS is released.

okay guys i need HELP -- since i cant seem to get a good price on airfare looks like we will be driving down - i can either come down for the first weekend in october and my daughter will miss 4 full days of school or i can come down the following week and my daughter will miss 3 full days of school - my question is the second week will be columbus day weekend, i did this once in 2007 and only went to HHN on the sunday and it was mobbed - do you suggest i come down the first weekend in october or will it be fine columbus day weekend since we will have thursday friday and saturday to do HHN - any suggestions would be greatly appreciated....thanks
The earlier the better as far as crowds go.

thumbalyna - we've visited both weeks (WDW & U) in the past several times, great time of year to visit.

imo from Wednesday prior thru actual columbus day weekend is much more crowded! The crowds slack off the following tuesday then build again the next weekend

apparently, Columbus Day isn't observed in many school districts outside the northern part of the country:confused3, so it's not as bad as major holidays in the parks in general

naturally, my DH couldn't get the actual week of Columbus day 10/10 off work, still thrilled we to get to visit the week prior:)

i am just worried that the crowds will be HUGE columbus day weekend - i dont want to spend the whole night waiting in one line - 2007 when we went on the sunday before columbus day we were only able to get in 3 houses

In general, I find Sundays worse than Thursdays. Any day, tho, your best bet is Stay and Scream, and familiarize yourself online enough to maybe skip the first house you come across. There's no such thing as an "uncrowded" HHN anymore.

thanks guys - we are going to come down the week before and i guess by Frequent Fear pass and go thursday, friday and if needed saturday and sunday - that is if the FFP is valid for the first 2 weekends again this year.

thanks guys - we are going to come down the week before and i guess by Frequent Fear pass and go thursday, friday and if needed saturday and sunday - that is if the FFP is valid for the first 2 weekends again this year.
No...just opening weekend then the first full weekend (9/30-10/3) is regular so you can only use the FFP on Thursday of that week. That weekend still offers cheaper tickets for Passholders but you can't go that Friday and Saturday.

A few general tips:

-Sundays are crowded. IMO, they should be peak nights.
-Stay & Scream is your friend.
-Everybody goes to the soundstage houses FIRST. Save those for later if you want to get more done.
-If there is a house in the Jaws area, do that ASAP. That house ALWAYS gets to be a 120min wait while everything else may have 30 min waits.

I saw Disney just released their Halloween Party Dates...when do you guys expect the Halloween Horror Dates to be released?

I saw Disney just released their Halloween Party Dates...when do you guys expect the Halloween Horror Dates to be released?
The dates will start being released by the first part of June I would imagine...that's when the website will come up and slowly be updated until right before the end of September. If you want a general idea, plan on every Thursday-Sunday night in October.

i tried to rearrange and come down for opening weekend but i cant get the time off of work, so it looks like we will arrive Sept 30th do HHN that night and friday night, if more time is needed we will still have saturday and sunday.

hopefully the prices dont get too high this year.

thanks all

What do they consider "peak night weekends"?

Not when Mac goes? Can't see her dishin out that kinda $$ :scared:

it is people like me that keeps the prices high..........:eek:
i go and buy the epp no matter what the costs.
this will be my 11th hhn.

Yes and yes. I don't remember if S & S was around in 2004-2006 when IOA was being used for HHN but they would obviously have to make other arrangements for that area. It's really a large area back there so I guess they could do both.

in 04 the s & s was at captain america's restaurant

okay guys i need HELP -- since i cant seem to get a good price on airfare looks like we will be driving down - i can either come down for the first weekend in october and my daughter will miss 4 full days of school or i can come down the following week and my daughter will miss 3 full days of school - my question is the second week will be columbus day weekend, i did this once in 2007 and only went to HHN on the sunday and it was mobbed - do you suggest i come down the first weekend in october or will it be fine columbus day weekend since we will have thursday friday and saturday to do HHN - any suggestions would be greatly appreciated....thanks

columbus day weekend has been ok the last 6-7 years.
saturday last year and year before that was way too crowded.
sundays should be a peak night.
it gets packed by early in the evening.

i am just worried that the crowds will be HUGE columbus day weekend - i dont want to spend the whole night waiting in one line - 2007 when we went on the sunday before columbus day we were only able to get in 3 houses - 2008 we went on saturday and sunday the week before and did all the houses both nights without express and really didnt wait long for any of them - i think the longest wait may have been for doomsday - but with the opening of harry potter i am concerned about crowds.
08 and 09 had extremely crowded saturday nights.
you need the express pass plus for those nights in order to see a lot.

In general, I find Sundays worse than Thursdays. Any day, tho, your best bet is Stay and Scream, and familiarize yourself online enough to maybe skip the first house you come across. There's no such thing as an "uncrowded" HHN anymore.

totally agree

A few general tips:

-Everybody goes to the soundstage houses FIRST. Save those for later if you want to get more done.
-If there is a house in the Jaws area, do that ASAP. That house ALWAYS gets to be a 120min wait while everything else may have 30 min waits.

:thumbsup2
and i'll see you again this hhn season darkie........

on the hhn rumor board, some of them i know will come true.
i can't wait for HHN.
totally and completely addicted to it.

:eek: Don`t know how I missed Sundays were really crowded!!! We plan to try and go 3 or 4 nights this trip using S&S, but were thinking Sundays as well.
And now......... Ive just checked the calendar and realised Halloween IS a Sunday this year :confused3 How did I miss that??
Just have to go when it suits then.
Well I suppose if we don`t get to do all the houses we`ll still have a blast wandering and soaking up the atmosphere :yay:

A few general tips:

Sounds like good tips, feel free to keep them coming. BTW what exactly is stay and scream? My wife and I are huge Harry Potter fans, but I am more excited about our chance to finally do HHN than Potter. That is how excited I am about the trip. It should be open first weekend in Oct, right?

Sounds like good tips, feel free to keep them coming. BTW what exactly is stay and scream? My wife and I are huge Harry Potter fans, but I am more excited about our chance to finally do HHN than Potter. That is how excited I am about the trip. It should be open first weekend in Oct, right?
Yes...the first full weekend of HHN should be 9/30-10/3 (Thursday-Sunday) with opening weekend 9/24 & 9/25.

Stay & Scream is when you stay in the park after closing and are put in a holding area...usually at Finnegan's. Then those people are released into the park early and have access to several houses before the main gates open which will save you quite a bit of time. The only catch is...you HAVE to be in the park before it closes to do S & S. Once the park closes for the day, you would make your way over to the holding area and show your HHN ticket for that night to be allowed into the holding area. We usually try to have DIS meets on different nights in the S & S area.

For the past few years, HHN is only at the Studios and if that holds again this year the Studios will close at 5pm for set up. You must be in the park before 4:30pm or so to assure you will have no problems.

so now my daughter springs on me other "halloween" things she wants to do while we are in orlando for less than a week - tell me how this schedule sounds and if its doable - i know it will be hectic but thats ok

arrive thursday sept 30 go to HHN
friday do seaworld during the day and HHN that night
saturday - drive to Busch gardens do the park during the day and HOS at night (we have never been is it even worth the drive?)
sunday do US/IOA and then either head over to mickeys or do HHN depending on our moods
monday anything that needs to be done by 1 and then head for home

i havent driven down since 1998 so this is all going to be like a new experience for me - i did HHN in 2007-2008 so i am well aware of the crowds there but have no knowledge on the busch gardens part so any help is greatly appreciated

A few general tips:

Quoted For Truth. Not sure why this is, even the weak Bloody Mary house was always packed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter