Halloween Horror Nights 2013

A question about tickets. I'm planning to attend on Oct 31 and will definitely want an express pass. Can I purchase the express passes when they become available and then purchase a stay and scream ticket at the park on the night of the event? I plan on purchasing 14 day 3 park tickets from Undercover Tourist since we will be in the parks from 5 to 7 days.

A question about tickets. I'm planning to attend on Oct 31 and will definitely want an express pass. Can I purchase the express passes when they become available and then purchase a stay and scream ticket at the park on the night of the event? I plan on purchasing 14 day 3 park tickets from Undercover Tourist since we will be in the parks from 5 to 7 days.
Yes...you can purchase EPs for HHN anytime they are available.

you can purchase the stay and scream ticket the day you are in the park.
show your multipass day ticket at guest services and buy the discounted hhn ticket.

you can do this on any day you are in the park.
it does not have to be done on the actual day of the hhn event.

but, if you wait until that oct 31st to buy the hhn tix, don't want until 4:00 to do so.
that line for ticket buying will be long the hour prior to park closing.

I noticed that the HHN express pass also includes some of the rides. If you're an onsite resort guest do you need this particular pass for the rides during HHN? I know you need the HHN express pass for the houses, but will your regular resort express pass work for the rides during the event?

It might also be worth mentioning that you may not even really need the Express if you are doing rides.

For the MOST part, Everybody is in the park to do the houses, so the ride lines are very short compared to what they tend to be during the day.

Which also goes to say.... Why waste your HHN riding the rides when you can do them during a regular park day? The only ride (I personally) felt was a "must do" during HHN was Jaws. just because it was an entirely different experience after dark, and it was so rare that the park was still open that late during my normal trips. Now, I can't think of anything that would be a must-do after dark and therefor worth the wasted house time. [Most US attractions are indoors, so day/night, no real different in the experience. Rip/Ride/Rocket's Lights are cool at night.... but I feel they are better enjoyed from the ground than on the coaster]

It might also be worth mentioning that you may not even really need the Express if you are doing rides.

For the MOST part, Everybody is in the park to do the houses, so the ride lines are very short compared to what they tend to be during the day.

Which also goes to say.... Why waste your HHN riding the rides when you can do them during a regular park day? The only ride (I personally) felt was a "must do" during HHN was Jaws. just because it was an entirely different experience after dark, and it was so rare that the park was still open that late during my normal trips. Now, I can't think of anything that would be a must-do after dark and therefor worth the wasted house time. [Most US attractions are indoors, so day/night, no real different in the experience. Rip/Ride/Rocket's Lights are cool at night.... but I feel they are better enjoyed from the ground than on the coaster]

It was a curiosity question more than anything. We've never been before so I wasn't quite sure how things worked. We're going to do 2 HHN nights back to back. One with express and one without. Nice to know that we probably won't need express for the rides. We'll save our riding for the night we don't have the express pass in case we choose to ride.:)

you can do this on any day you are in the park.
it does not have to be done on the actual day of the hhn event.

but, if you wait until that oct 31st to buy the hhn tix, don't want until 4:00 to do so.
that line for ticket buying will be long the hour prior to park closing.

Good to know. We will probably get them on the 30th then. Thanks!

Follow up question: I've seen here that some nights sell out. Is it just the express passes that sell out or is it possible the event itself will sell out and we won't be able to get our event tickets even if we already have the express passes?

Follow up question: I've seen here that some nights sell out. Is it just the express passes that sell out or is it possible the event itself will sell out and we won't be able to get our event tickets even if we already have the express passes?
I doubt the entire event would sell out. Universal wants to cram as many people as possible inside for the event. EPs sell out before event tickets so...you should purchase the event tickets as soon as you arrive. You don't have to use them the same night you buy them.

i have done every night of hhn over the years.
even done hell week.

thursdays are cheaper than friday for the hhn tickets and express passes.
thursdays also have less crowds than Friday's do for hhn.

the park closes earlier on thursdays.
friday hhn closes out at 2:00 am.

more will be in the park for hhn on a friday than thursday.

I have been to both and prefer Thursdays. Definitely less crowded but as macraven mentioned also closes two hours earlier.

Thought there would have been something on the rumour mill by now, anyone heard anything?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I've gone to like 18 of the 22 years and in the last 10-12 years have gone only on non peak nights(Wed,Thurs or Sunday) for those years except for last year where I went on a Saturday near the end of October.I was amazed that we got through the houses as fast or faster than ever before.We still did Stay and Scream like we do every year so we got a head start on the crowds which definitely did come later on but I thought they would come earlier than they did.The ticket was still a lot more expensive than a non peak night but we were with others who could only visit that Saturday.This year I'll go back to a Thursday or Sunday but now I know that as long as you do stay and scream,even on a Saturday you can still get the houses in pretty quick.The difference is on non peak nights the lines go down at the end of the night,on a peak night they got so bad there was nothing to do unless you were willing to wait an hour plus,for rides and houses.

Just seen this on Screamscape...

According to the whispering voice on the phone, we may see as many as five haunts based on existing horror franchises: Cabin in the Woods, Evil Dead, American Werewolf in London, Resident Evil and The Walking Dead...

According to the whispering voice on the phone, we may see as many as five haunts based on existing horror franchises: Cabin in the Woods, Evil Dead, American Werewolf in London, Resident Evil and The Walking Dead...

:sad2:

I`m probably very much in the minority here with this......but none of those appeal to me in the slightest....especially Resident Evil and Walking Dead...........not what scares my little over active imagination anyway.

I hope they come up with better than that as I wouldn`t bother going more than once I don`t think with those houses.

I loved the years that they used Jack and Bloody Mary....Psychoscarepy really spooked my little boots off!!!!!

Yeah...that's been out there for a while.

I`m probably very much in the minority here with this......but none of those appeal to me in the slightest....especially Resident Evil and Walking Dead...........not what scares my little over active imagination anyway.
I completely agree too. I wish they would stop with the franchises and start with the original houses again. While some of the those look interesting, I would rather see original stuff...like in the old days of HHN.

the list i saw a couple weeks ago that included 3 more on the list ......

i'm not that impressed with the 8 that were listed.

it really depends on how these houses will be pulled off.
could be great, could be meh.....

I like some of the themed houses.
Last year, I loved the Penn and Teller house, but it reminded me of another house from the year before.
And I have to say, an Alice Cooper house was pretty great.

But these themes? Ehhh... MAYBE Cabin in the Woods.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter