Halloween Horror Nights 2013

Ok... Quick question for those of you who have already been....

I'm bringing my wife with me to the event this year for her first HHN. She's not a huge horror or haunted house type person. With all the licensed houses this year, I'm wondering if the fact she hasn't seen most of the source material would cause an issue with her ability to enjoy the event?

With our EXTREMELY limited time available which we can use to watch any source material (movies, or TV Shows), Is there any opinion on if she'll be fine not knowing the original when she visits a house? or maybe a list of houses, movies, or Walking Dead Episodes, which we should try and find the time for her to watch before attending so she isn't completely lost?

(With walking dead, I've now seen everything up thru the end of Season 3, and she understands the idea behind Zombies... so I might be able to help bring her up to speed on any details that people think might help. I'm wondering though if I should have her watch Cabin in the Woods considering how "odd" that movie was, so depending on how they did the house it might be osmething to help her not end up completely confused....)

I have seen and am a big fan of AWIL and TWD. I saw the original ED decades ago and only the trailers for CITW... nada for the rest, but it didn't matter to me at all, I still enjoyed the unfamiliar houses.

I'm bringing my wife with me to the event this year for her first HHN. She's not a huge horror or haunted house type person. With all the licensed houses this year, I'm wondering if the fact she hasn't seen most of the source material would cause an issue with her ability to enjoy the event?

With our EXTREMELY limited time available which we can use to watch any source material (movies, or TV Shows), Is there any opinion on if she'll be fine not knowing the original when she visits a house? or maybe a list of houses, movies, or Walking Dead Episodes, which we should try and find the time for her to watch before attending so she isn't completely lost?

(With walking dead, I've now seen everything up thru the end of Season 3, and she understands the idea behind Zombies... so I might be able to help bring her up to speed on any details that people think might help. I'm wondering though if I should have her watch Cabin in the Woods considering how "odd" that movie was, so depending on how they did the house it might be osmething to help her not end up completely confused....)

Buy the express pass if you have limited time that night.

Read up on other sites that give the spoilers on the houses.
Then you will know if viewing the movies in advance will be necessary.

Resident evil makes sense if you have or know about the game 1 and 2.

We will be at HHN on Friday Oct 18th. Been reading all the sites and all the messages for weeks. We have S&S and the EP. Since this is our first time and with all the posts about crowds and hell week it's a little intimidating. What I'd like is some kind of a plan. We have reservations at Finnigans for 4:00. Can anyone give me a plan of what houses to hit and in what order to get the most out of our night? Almost decided to try to change to the tour but since we're leaving Wed morning decided it would be more trouble to try to exchange what we have for the tour at this point in time. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

DCTooTall said:

I highly recommend watching Cabin in the woods. We watched it before we went just because it would be at HHN. We really enjoyed it and it ended up being our favorite house...it's an amazing re-creation of the movie. I find that watching the movies really gives me a sense of appreciation for those houses.

I was really surprised about the low wait times we saw for the houses on a peak night, this past Saturday night. We had express pass and did not have to wait more than 5-10 minutes for anything, so we were able to do all the rides, houses, and b&t show and even leave early. Many of the houses as we passed hovered around 30 min although we saw Cabin in the Woods hit 75 min early on and Walking Dead was about 65 when we went later in the night.

I was expecting most houses to approach an hour and the big ones to hit more than 2 hours. We also had almost no lines at the bars/food places. I dunno if we just had good timing but it was a lot less crowded than the Sunday we went last year during the exact same weekend.

OK so I'm going this Wednesday and I'm hearing the Hell Week explanations but honestly isn't it still a Wednesday and I'm sure it being Hell Week will mean extra crowds but I just want to hear it won't be insane,I mean it's a Wednesday.I've only missed like 4 years of the 22 years and I only remember 1 or 2 visits that the day I chose got to be completely out of control crowded.In the last 10 years or so I know I've pretty much only gone on non peak dates,that's why I went with Wednesday but now I'm hearing this Hell Week talk,but it's still a Wednesday,isn't it??

I have been able to figure out busy days and have a plan most of the time for hhn, but Sunday night (13), I was off base.
I knew it would have crowds and lines, but did not think it would be crazy busy.
I managed it al, but still had to Maneuver thru the crowds......

Wednesdays do have young crowds in the past years, but if this is when you want to go, you can manage it. You are a regular and know your way around the houses in the park layout
Use SNS tixs, express pass in case the crowds grow more than you expect.
I would start at the back of the park to avoid congested areas
With teens being out of school, more could go to hhn for evening fun. That large excited groups of young people, might add to the edge

I have been able to figure out busy days and have a plan most of the time for hhn, but Sunday night (13), I was off base.
I knew it would have crowds and lines, but did not think it would be crazy busy.
I managed it al, but still had to Maneuver thru the crowds......

Wednesdays do have young crowds in the past years, but if this is when you want to go, you can manage it. You are a regular and know your way around the houses in the park layout
Use SNS tixs, express pass in case the crowds grow more than you expect.
I would start at the back of the park to avoid congested areas
With teens being out of school, more could go to hhn for evening fun. That large excited groups of young people, might add to the edge

But Mac, :confused3 you told me Sunday would be easier to manage and it was worse than Friday. Just teasing because I know there can always be surprises and you gotta adjust accordingly .I wonder if Columbus day being on Monday could have been a factor? I know having Monday off from work allowed me a long weekend and was one of the reasons I was able to go at all.

But Mac, :confused3 you told me Sunday would be easier to manage and it was worse than Friday. Just teasing because I know there can always be surprises and you gotta adjust accordingly .I wonder if Columbus day being on Monday could have been a factor? I know having Monday off from work allowed me a long weekend and was one of the reasons I was able to go at all.
Last year crowds exploded towards the middle of the month to the point you could hardly enjoy yourself. It sounds like this will be the case again this year.

Well, Metro it was still manageable and like you and Mac said 2 days was still plenty of time to do everything and even revisit some favorites and ride a few rides. Unlike many, I loved the roamers. I had a blast even sitting and watching others getting startled when least expecting it. Again a big thank you to you, Mac, and others for some wonderful tips that helped us get the most out of our weekend.

Buy the express pass if you have limited time that night.

Read up on other sites that give the spoilers on the houses.
Then you will know if viewing the movies in advance will be necessary.

Resident evil makes sense if you have or know about the game 1 and 2.

Mac,

Express is a given. I don't think I'd ever visit the event again without express.

As for reading the spoilers.... Well... I don't want to be spoiled before I go. :rotfl: i just know I've seen more of the licensed source material than she has since I'm much more of a horror and movie fan than she is, so I'm not as worried about my enjoyment of the houses. Since she's not as big a horror fan, I'm just wanting to try and find ways to make it more enjoyable for her (so maybe she'll join me again in future years. ;) )

Hello, all!

Longtime lurker - first time poster! :)

Planning on attending HHN on the 23rd and 24th.

Wondering about a few things:

*Are there any crowd estimates for those nights?
*What, if any, is the house strategy for this year?

I was originally going to do the RIP tour, but my wife and I wound up agreeing to go with a group of friends who will be in town the same nights, so we just want to maximize our time there and make sure we can get thru all the houses and shows in the 2 nights.

Ideally, I'd like to get through the Evil Dead house more than once. :cool1:

there will be crowds but don't know to what extent the line waits will be.

if you have a day ticket, use the stay and scream holding area.
if you can swing the express ticket, do so.

those two things will help you when you are facing crowds.

check out the hhn map online.
you might have an edge if you go to the holding area that is near the kid zone/et area and start from there.
you can do 3 houses in that section right away.

then move to the front of the park after the crowds from outside the gate have been let in.

i got home last night from orlando and haven't read any predictions for those hell weeks today.

maybe once peeps start posting of how the crowds were last night/wednesday, it might be a prediction of next weeks situation.
wednesdays i don't do, but thursdays in the mid of the month i do hit.

I got there about 930 last night and did five house. Lines were about 65 for werewolf and evil dead when I walked in but cabin and resident evil showed 20.

I waited about fifteen for la Llorana, 20 for afterlife, walked on to havoc and waited maybe 35 for werewolf. Crowds were a lot smaller than I expected.

Back tonight ( I wanna say this is night 7 or 8 for me)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

the one by kid zone/et area.

you can get walking dead, la llorona and then afterlife done.

do wd first.
this house line empyties back where you started.
then do la llorona.

that house empties on top near the afterlife house.
(mib) area)

then go towards the front or take in havoc/beetlejuice area, if line is short.
then go towards the front.

macraven said:
the one by kid zone/et area.

you can get walking dead, la llorona and then afterlife done.

do wd first.
this house line empyties back where you started.
then do la llorona.

that house empties on top near the afterlife house.
(mib) area)

then go towards the front or take in havoc/beetlejuice area, if line is short.
then go towards the front.

Thanks!!!!! In your opinion what's your favorite house

AWIL and Walking Dead were my favorites.
truly enjoyed them each time i went thru them.
their timing was awesome!

had great time in Evil Dead, Cabin, and Afterlife due to the SA in those houses.
friday La Llorona was super with the SA working at the time i went through.

awil and wd never disappointed me.
some houses on different dates/times, were super and other times, okay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter