Halloween party combined with what park during the day

KGmomoftwins

DIS Veteran
So we are doing a quick 4n trip with 3 full park days. We want to do MK, dhs, and Epcot. Staying at the boardwalk inn. We’ve been before but it’s been 5 years. Our girls will be turning 12 on the trip. I’d love to do the Halloween party on August 20 but it will have to be after we spend the morning at either MK or DHS. We’ve never done DHS and it’s the park the girls are most looking forward to. Which one MK or dhs the day of the party? Or just get 2 days of park tickets and try and get everything done during the party?

I agree with the folks above. All things considered, MK in the morning seems the best fit.

First party days mean less crowds that day, and that’s good to take advantage of if you can.

The other part is EP or HS not being a great fit to squeeze in before the party. At 12 years old there’s much for them to do.

With having MK time during MNSSHP, that’s going fit best as a partial park day.

Since you’re staying at BWI, you might want to plan around a late night for EP EEH on Mon followed by the late MNNSHP on the 20th.

Just remember you are spending a lot of money for that party ticket. You can enter the park at 4pm which gives you a lot of time in the park. i find that I really like the last hours of the party the most. Watch the later parade and watch the midnight Villain stage show to get the most out of your time. I am amazed at how many people are leaving the party after the first parade because they are tired. August is HOT and I would plan a day to sleep in, hit the pools for a refreshing dip and then head to the gates so you are one of the first in the parks for the party.

Agree with the above - I would base it on how the kids do on normal days, ie, do they stay up late and have lots of energy at night? If they are early risers or tend to slow down after 9/10 pm, I would take an easier day so they can be ready and full enjoy the party.

We have done 2 August trips - it is definitely tough to keep your energy up if you are walking around all day and then want to stay up late for the party. At least, that's how I feel.

Agree with the above - I would base it on how the kids do on normal days, ie, do they stay up late and have lots of energy at night? If they are early risers or tend to slow down after 9/10 pm, I would take an easier day so they can be ready and full enjoy the party.

We have done 2 August trips - it is definitely tough to keep your energy up if you are walking around all day and then want to stay up late for the party. At least, that's how I feel.
It’s funny they’ve always been early risers early to bed but now I think the tween years are setting in and they are staying up later or it could just be in the middle of softball season! We’ve been twice in August but it’s been 5 years so I know what we are in for. I’m thinking of maybe dropping our third park day and just doing MK for the party. We are waiting to tell the girls at the end of school year as a surprise and I think I want them to decide what they want to do.

I wonder what time mk will open th day of the party
With rare exceptions it usually opens at 8. This is one of the reasons why party days are so fantastic for touring, bc that pushes Early Entry back to 7:30, which makes a huge difference in crowd levels on top of the shortened park hours for day guests. Most people just do not want to get up that early on vacation, esp when it involves wrangling kids, whereas 8:30 EE is a lot more feasible for more people. Last year I when I rope dropped EE on a party day I got Space, Astro Orbiter and Buzz all done during EE. And I was able to basically walk on to PP and Mine Train at like 10:30am.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter