HalloweenTime at DLR Info and Photo Superthread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found you! Great Job as usual Sherry!!! :thumbsup2
Just was going through cafepress with all their cool selections for Halloween shirts and thought I should check on the thread and poof everyone has jumped over to #3:wizard:
OK, back to work, now that I have sub-ed over here.:surfweb:
Later,
Sue

All the costume ideas sound great. I like the idea of using Ren Faire stuff for a "Brave" group. And as someone with very porous curly hair, not only is the spray color a mess, but it does not come out for *weeks*! My red hair became pink for a good while before it was all out.
My family is doing a Neverland theme (note: Not the same thing as a Peter Pan theme), and I just ordered my three kids their costumes at the Disney Store Friends & Family sale for Disney Visa holders. 25% off, and they have free shipping for order more than $75.

Hello! This is my very first time posting on this forum. I wanted help confirming some information before I buy Halloween Party tickets. My little family of 5 is planning a 5 day DLR trip 10/7-10/11. For the Halloween party on 10/9, even though we have our park hopper tickets, we will have to leave Disneyland when it closes for the party, right? And the only way to stay in the park is to purchase the party tickets, correct? I just want to make absolutely sure before I purchase the tickets.

Also, is wearing a costume to the party a requirement? Can we enjoy it in our regular street clothes? Or is that not allowed? My kids will be 12, 10 and 8 by the time our trip rolls around and I know they will want to dress up. But I only ask because we are flying from AZ and having to plan and pack costumes is not something I was even thinking I would need to do!

Anyway, I appreciate your responses to my questions! Thank you!

Chelsea

Hello! This is my very first time posting on this forum. I wanted help confirming some information before I buy Halloween Party tickets. My little family of 5 is planning a 5 day DLR trip 10/7-10/11. For the Halloween party on 10/9, even though we have our park hopper tickets, we will have to leave Disneyland when it closes for the party, right? And the only way to stay in the park is to purchase the party tickets, correct? I just want to make absolutely sure before I purchase the tickets.

Also, is wearing a costume to the party a requirement? Can we enjoy it in our regular street clothes? Or is that not allowed? My kids will be 12, 10 and 8 by the time our trip rolls around and I know they will want to dress up. But I only ask because we are flying from AZ and having to plan and pack costumes is not something I was even thinking I would need to do!

Anyway, I appreciate your responses to my questions! Thank you!

Chelsea
Yes, to stay in the park on any of the party nights, you need to purchase tickets but that is only with Disneyland not California Adventure.

No need for anyone to dress up. Our son (Sassy 12 yr old!) has gotten dressed up before but last year we could hardly talk him in to wearing an Indiana Jones hat. This year I think we will all be wearing t-shirts that I found on line that have a pumpkin or skeleton or something like that on them. But there are plenty of others with no hint of costume.

Girimama33-

We're going "Brave", as well! "Feast yer eyes!", as my five year old son now loves to say when he flips up the back of his kilt.....

(Trying to upload some photos of the costumes, but can't figure this one out....)

I don't know how sewing-machine-inclined you are, but my spouse was able to make some amazing dresses for our daughter and herself. Celtic-looking fabric is available online at all the big cloth distributors, like Joann's Fabric. We used leather for all the cords on the dress bodice and joints, purchased from Tandy Leather. (You can also get them from Michael's)
My wife purchased a great corset for herself at an online store called Damsel in this Dress. They have a large selection, and they have steam-punk attire, as well, which would work for your possible Minnie outfit.
My wife also made my two boys' kilts and shirts. She made all of the cloth portions of all of our costumes, with the exception of my kilt. My kilt is my real full-dress kilt, and I had it made from USA Kilts. I play the bagpipes, for a pipe-band, and for a Sheriff's Department, and so I already had most everything I needed for a "Brave" costume. My wife made the rest.
I made the sporrans (the little man-bag which hangs in front of the kilts), the belt buckles, belts, and kilt pins. (I made all the leather stuff, my wife did all the fabric....)
My little girl takes Irish dance lessons, and so we have a wig for her. You could go the same route. Just google Irish Dance Wigs, and you'll have tons of options. Just be warned, they can be very pricey. My little girl is blonde, and so we are just going with her natural hair color. It'll be easier, she'll still look like "Merida", but she'll be OUR Merida. Blonde. :) We won't have to deal with the hair color bleeding onto anything (like our costumes or the characters), either.
There are tons of fun Celtic dresses/clothing on e-bay and amazon. Lots of online stores out there, too, which sell Celtic, Ren-Faire, and period-type clothing.
We'll be in Disney from October 21-28, and we'll be going to the Halloween Party on the 23rd. Hope to see you, there! It'll be nice to see others in "Brave" costumes!
Also, my father and mother will be with us for the Halloween Party. While they won't be dressed up in a complete costume, I've given them little bits to wear. My mother will have a simple sash to wear over her regular clothes. USA Kilts has some photos of what I mean. It's simple and easy, and will put her as a definite part of our group. You could also choose from hundreds of different tartans, or plaids, to make your group a "clan" or family.
My father is a little more difficult, as there is no way I could get him to wear a kilt. So, I made him a simple kilt pin, and he's going to wear it like a brooch. Again, something small, but still makes him a part of our group. You're husband might go for a kilt pin on his hat. (USA Kilts, Henderson's Bagpipes, tons of other bagpipe equipment online stores) Or even a clan hat pin. Fairly inexpensive, and he could put it on his Boba Fett hat, too. :)
Good luck, and we can't wait to go!

Sorry if this is posted in here already, I didn't see it, but not sure if I just missed it.

We are trying to go the week of Oct 8th. Planning on being in the parks Tues, Wed, Thurs and Fri. We were in the parks for the first week of Oct in 2009, and they were doing the Halloween Fireworks every night and Fantasmic at least a few times during the week (can't recall if it was every night, but we did watch once during the week).

Now I have read that last year they only did the Halloween Fireworks during the MHP (which in 2009 was still held in DCA).
So does that mean there are only Regular Fireworks on the Weekends, or still during the week on non MHP nights? Can I expect F! to show on more nights than just the weekends as well.

Just trying to get an idea before I book and get stuck without being able to see F! or Fireworks (Still not sure if we will do the MHP).

Thanks!

Sorry! I just found my answer in searching YET again on this thread! iKristin had responded to my first posting stating that Regular Fireworks were done every night and Fantasmic every night except MHP nights.

Thank you iKristin!! I knew there had to be an answer somewhere:)

If anybody else has any different information I would love to know to be sure before I book, otherwise I will go off of the advise given and hope Disney sticks to what they have been doing. I hate that we can't see the schedule that far out, as it's not ideal for us to wait and book that close.

I have been getting a little nervous based on a few other postings that people are telling others that they will miss out on these things during the week in October since it's off season, and this entertainment is only offered on the weekend nights.

Sorry! I just found my answer in searching YET again on this thread! iKristin had responded to my first posting stating that Regular Fireworks were done every night and Fantasmic every night except MHP nights.

Regular Fireworks and F! only show on Saturday and Sunday. At the parties Halloween Screams, shows.

They must have changed it last year. 2010 Fantasmic and the "Remember..." fireworks were shown every single day and the Halloween Screams were shown during the parties only.

iKristin said:
They must have changed it last year. 2010 Fantasmic and the "Remember..." fireworks were shown every single day and the Halloween Screams were shown during the parties only.

Last year RDCT and F! were only available on the weekends and holidays on the weekdays. HS fireworks is only for MHP. Here isOctober 2010 Park Hours from 2010 and it shows that RDCT and F! only ran on the weekends and holidays.

WoC was the only nighttime show that was running every night.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Hmm...that's weird. I could have swore I saw them every single day during my 8 day trip. Must be because I was there saturday and sunday (two fireworks shows there) and then went to two parties, so there's another two shows haha.

Is there a parade like at the Magic Kingdom? We're trying to decide what we'er going to be doing and that's one thing that has intrigued us with the party in FL.

Thanks!

Last year RDCT and F! were only available on the weekends and holidays on the weekdays. HS fireworks is only for MHP. Here isOctober 2010 Park Hours from 2010 and it shows that RDCT and F! only ran on the weekends and holidays.

WoC was the only nighttime show that was running every night.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Thanks for the info! So glad I asked! They definately had expanded entertainment during 2009, so I really was holding out hope that would be the case still:( At least I haven't booked yet, I may have to alter my dates slightly.

Is there a parade like at the Magic Kingdom? We're trying to decide what we'er going to be doing and that's one thing that has intrigued us with the party in FL.

Thanks!

There is a parade during MHP. It is called Mickey's Costume Party Cavalcade.

Girimama33-

We're going "Brave", as well! "Feast yer eyes!", as my five year old son now loves to say when he flips up the back of his kilt.....

(Trying to upload some photos of the costumes, but can't figure this one out....)

I don't know how sewing-machine-inclined you are, but my spouse was able to make some amazing dresses for our daughter and herself. Celtic-looking fabric is available online at all the big cloth distributors, like Joann's Fabric. We used leather for all the cords on the dress bodice and joints, purchased from Tandy Leather. (You can also get them from Michael's)
My wife purchased a great corset for herself at an online store called Damsel in this Dress. They have a large selection, and they have steam-punk attire, as well, which would work for your possible Minnie outfit.
My wife also made my two boys' kilts and shirts. She made all of the cloth portions of all of our costumes, with the exception of my kilt. My kilt is my real full-dress kilt, and I had it made from USA Kilts. I play the bagpipes, for a pipe-band, and for a Sheriff's Department, and so I already had most everything I needed for a "Brave" costume. My wife made the rest.
I made the sporrans (the little man-bag which hangs in front of the kilts), the belt buckles, belts, and kilt pins. (I made all the leather stuff, my wife did all the fabric....)
My little girl takes Irish dance lessons, and so we have a wig for her. You could go the same route. Just google Irish Dance Wigs, and you'll have tons of options. Just be warned, they can be very pricey. My little girl is blonde, and so we are just going with her natural hair color. It'll be easier, she'll still look like "Merida", but she'll be OUR Merida. Blonde. :) We won't have to deal with the hair color bleeding onto anything (like our costumes or the characters), either.
There are tons of fun Celtic dresses/clothing on e-bay and amazon. Lots of online stores out there, too, which sell Celtic, Ren-Faire, and period-type clothing.
We'll be in Disney from October 21-28, and we'll be going to the Halloween Party on the 23rd. Hope to see you, there! It'll be nice to see others in "Brave" costumes!
Also, my father and mother will be with us for the Halloween Party. While they won't be dressed up in a complete costume, I've given them little bits to wear. My mother will have a simple sash to wear over her regular clothes. USA Kilts has some photos of what I mean. It's simple and easy, and will put her as a definite part of our group. You could also choose from hundreds of different tartans, or plaids, to make your group a "clan" or family.
My father is a little more difficult, as there is no way I could get him to wear a kilt. So, I made him a simple kilt pin, and he's going to wear it like a brooch. Again, something small, but still makes him a part of our group. You're husband might go for a kilt pin on his hat. (USA Kilts, Henderson's Bagpipes, tons of other bagpipe equipment online stores) Or even a clan hat pin. Fairly inexpensive, and he could put it on his Boba Fett hat, too. :)
Good luck, and we can't wait to go!
Wow Stjared! Sounds like some amazing costumes. Hopefully I will see your costumes because we are attending the same Halloween Party.
Thanks for the tips. Unfortunately, I don't have a sewing machine. I figure if I have to make a Queen Elinor dress, I can find a nice Ren-Medieval dress, and then work on replicating her belt somehow. I actually have a belt with a big brass loop that I can use to start it with. I did get the Merida wig this weekend during the sale...one more thing to cross off the list.

i'm thinking of buying a cape or cloak, and wearing my purple tiger ears and mask. my son is gona wear a white ninja suit with his black and purple wings he may wear black nija set he hates masks. but the wings are what he says he must wear this year.

tho there is hopes and prayers they may add the headless horsemen to it lol at least im hoping

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter