HalloweenTime at DLR Superthread #5-- HALLOWEENTIME STARTS SEPT. 9!! SOLD OUT!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking for suggestions on which treat trails to hit and which to skip.

Last year was our first time so we just did the ones we could figure out. I feel like we missed ones with more than just a line.

Thanks!

We mostly hit up lines as we saw them. We did do the Golden Horseshoe, they had some cool scenes in there, I recommend. You're also by the talking scarecrows and the Halloween tree right there.

We never made it to the Village Haus, that's supposed to be a good one. I saw it on a Fresh Baked video.

We did do Star Wars Launch bay and it was rather empty. Also got to meet Darth Vader & Chewbacca with almost no wait!

We have APs and we never made it up to the AP treat trail.

And I was in the Toon Town preparty at opening but we did not do the treat trails there - lines were too long! I'd rather meet characters.

We have gone for several years, and we are AP holders so we could care less about rides. I will admit its not for everyone, I think its better for those who do the costumes. We always have fun

I thought trail they launch bay was fun and one up near front that had like 4-5 stops in it. NOT AP ONE, but that one was ok.

Call me Pollyanna, but I was just there Thursday to Tuesday (at the airport right now) first with my bff then dd and had a fabulous time. I was anticipating crowds and it was crowded and it worked well to go to the opposite park that had EMH/MM, be at rd and get those fp! We took a mid-day break each day (Fri-Sun) and the WOC dessert on Friday which alleviated any impact of MHP on DCA. We did all the rides we wanted using fp. I did find Tot even with a fp to be a very long wait (we finally rode it Monday morning with a 60 minute fp wait)---cm estimated 30 and we were late checking out of our hotel! Somehow I missed that wide right for RSR is not happening any more -- I was in the perfect spot and was quite surprised when they didn't walk us back. Oops! When did that end?

I entered the park at 3:00 this Monday with my dd-23 for MHP and it was utterly magical--loved the ambiance and dressing up as Cruella and Perdita. We did SM, IASW, IJ, BTMRR, HM (twice), Pirates, ST and a few others as well as a few treat trails. We had a lovely dinner at Cafe Orleans (no reservations and a 10 minute wait around 5:45). We loved the fireworks and thought the parade was quite good (not great). Walked up to the fireworks about 15 minutes before they started and had a great view of them and most of the castle. Came back for the 10:30 parade around 10:15 and got a second row view. Got our second HM ride in at 10:59 as we walked there right from the parade!

Last edited:
We saw quite a bit of Halloween Merchandise today in The World of Disney store today. They had shirts, socks, mini witch costumes, candy, candy bowls. So, there are still Halloween items available. I also saw the zero popcorn buckets as well.

We saw quite a bit of Halloween Merchandise today in The World of Disney store today. They had shirts, socks, mini witch costumes, candy, candy bowls. So, there are still Halloween items available. I also saw the zero popcorn buckets as well.

there is still some more general items for sure-its just the "hot ticket" items like poison apple mugs and mickey vampire popcorn buckets and a few other things that were gone in september or early October. I got my Mickey popcorn bucket on Wednesday 10/5 for the kids to munch while we waited for the halloween Parade but by the next night I think they were gone.

I'm just now recovering enough to rejoin the group! We were in the parks all last week (Oct. 10-14) and it was pretty much amazing! We spend the first 2 days (Mon and Tues) in DCA because my kids love everything about that park. The crowds were easy over there and we rode everything except Ariel's which was apparently down most of last week.

Wed. Oct. 12th we did our first Halloween Party and thought it was magical. Halloween is my favorite holiday and I was in heaven with just the atmosphere. The costumes, decorations and music was magical. We got to the parks right at 3pm and it was a total nightmare since that's when the Soundsational Parade is going on. Once you made it to Townsquare the crowds just stopped. It was shoulder to shoulder packed. But it only lasted until the end of the parade and then it opened up nicely. We spend an hour wondering around and riding Buzz Lightyear since it's my sons favorite ride. At 4:30 we lined up for the Toontown pre-party. We were in line #4 right in front of IASW. Once we got in the crowd was pretty tight but we did a treat trail and rode Gadget. The line for MM was about 45 minutes and I made my family wait in it. It was so long that it started as MM and then switched to Chip and Dale and then swithched BACK to MM 4 families in front of us!

The rest of the night we just wondered. We were able to get an entire large reusable shopping bag FILLED with candy (there are 4 of us). We had great seats for the 1st parade right at the Hub. We walked up right as it started and were about 3 people back. My kids loved it and I felt like it was kind of short but fun. The shadow men were my favorite! Afterwards we walked right out into the street for the fireworks. AMAZING! My daughter (8) was in awe. We rode several rides including SMGG. My son (6) thought it was a huge let down since there aren't very many ghosts.

I felt the crowds were wonderful and the flow was pretty easy on Wednesday. We didn't feel rushed or anything but we also knew we were coming back on Friday for another party so we didn't feel like we needed to hit every single thing the first night.

Thursday we were in the park all day and felt it was a wasted day. The crowds were insane and the lines were crazy long. We had breakfast at Minnie's for my birthday and that was FUN! We met 10 characters in a little over an hour. They were a hodgepodge group which made it even more fun for us! We met Fairy Godmother, Gepetto, Max, Rafiki, Chip, Dale, Penguin from Mary Poppins, Minnie, Perla the mouse from Cinderella and Tigger. Captain Hook, Eyore and Mary the mouse were there too we just didn't meet them! The crowds were so bad we ended up going back to our hotel for 4 hours to swim and relax in the afternoon.

Friday we headed in for a second Halloween party. Since we had done the pre-party, parade, fire works and treat trails on Wed we just focused on rides. The crowds were so small compared to Thursday that we felt relaxed. We rode 13 rides (including Haunted Mansion, Indy, BTMRR, and all the ones in Fantasy Land) easily. The only line we stood in was Peter Pan and that was less than 20 minutes. The area in front of HM was a complete **** show though. The flow between people coming out of the treat trail in front of the river, the HM line and the treat trail on the other side made for some serious confusion. But all in all it was magical and wonderful..

I'll post some pictures later but wanted to give my two cents. If we did it again we would honestly ONLY do Halloween parties and DCA. We wouldn't even bother coming to DL during the day because the crowds were too busy to accomplish anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
there is still some more general items for sure-its just the "hot ticket" items like poison apple mugs and mickey vampire popcorn buckets and a few other things that were gone in september or early October. I got my Mickey popcorn bucket on Wednesday 10/5 for the kids to munch while we waited for the halloween Parade but by the next night I think they were gone.
I do agree as they don't have the Halloween tote bag I wanted for trick or treating. :(

I'm just now recovering enough to rejoin the group! We were in the parks all last week (Oct. 10-14) and it was pretty much amazing! We spend the first 2 days (Mon and Tues) in DCA because my kids love everything about that park. The crowds were easy over there and we rode everything except Ariel's which was apparently down most of last week.

Wed. Oct. 12th we did our first Halloween Party and thought it was magical. Halloween is my favorite holiday and I was in heaven with just the atmosphere. The costumes, decorations and music was magical. We got to the parks right at 3pm and it was a total nightmare since that's when the Soundsational Parade is going on. Once you made it to Townsquare the crowds just stopped. It was shoulder to shoulder packed. But it only lasted until the end of the parade and then it opened up nicely. We spend an hour wondering around and riding Buzz Lightyear since it's my sons favorite ride. At 4:30 we lined up for the Toontown pre-party. We were in line #4 right in front of IASW. Once we got in the crowd was pretty tight but we did a treat trail and rode Gadget. The line for MM was about 45 minutes and I made my family wait in it. It was so long that it started as MM and then switched to Chip and Dale and then swithched BACK to MM 4 families in front of us!

The rest of the night we just wondered. We were able to get an entire large reusable shopping bag FILLED with candy (there are 4 of us). We had great seats for the 1st parade right at the Hub. We walked up right as it started and were about 3 people back. My kids loved it and I felt like it was kind of short but fun. The shadow men were my favorite! Afterwards we walked right out into the street for the fireworks. AMAZING! My daughter (8) was in awe. We rode several rides including SMGG. My son (6) thought it was a huge let down since there aren't very many ghosts.

I felt the crowds were wonderful and the flow was pretty easy on Wednesday. We didn't feel rushed or anything but we also knew we were coming back on Friday for another party so we didn't feel like we needed to hit every single thing the first night.

Thursday we were in the park all day and felt it was a wasted day. The crowds were insane and the lines were crazy long. We had breakfast at Minnie's for my birthday and that was FUN! We met 10 characters in a little over an hour. They were a hodgepodge group which made it even more fun for us! We met Fairy Godmother, Gepetto, Max, Rafiki, Chip, Dale, Penguin from Mary Poppins, Minnie, Perla the mouse from Cinderella and Tigger. Captain Hook, Eyore and Mary the mouse were there too we just didn't meet them! The crowds were so bad we ended up going back to our hotel for 4 hours to swim and relax in the afternoon.

Friday we headed in for a second Halloween party. Since we had done the pre-party, parade, fire works and treat trails on Wed we just focused on rides. The crowds were so small compared to Thursday that we felt relaxed. We rode 13 rides (including Haunted Mansion, Indy, BTMRR, and all the ones in Fantasy Land) easily. The only line we stood in was Peter Pan and that was less than 20 minutes. The area in front of HM was a complete **** show though. The flow between people coming out of the treat trail in front of the river, the HM line and the treat trail on the other side made for some serious confusion. But all in all it was magical and wonderful..

I'll post some pictures later but wanted to give my two cents. If we did it again we would honestly ONLY do Halloween parties and DCA. We wouldn't even bother coming to DL during the day because the crowds were too busy to accomplish anything.

We had a very similar experience at the HP. I have heard people say they felt like there was packed and not very fun but I felt like aside from the frontierland bottleneck and NOS our was great. I took one look at the crowded area and simply turned and walked the other way and I didnt hit any major crowds. We also didnt have any trouble getting a good spot for the parade (got a curbside front row spot at 7:20 in front of Plaza Inn so a 45 minute wait which isnt bad at all especially compared to the 60th PTN spring break crowds we saw on our march trip). Our party was also on a wednesday and I wonder if that had something to do with it.

Or maybe it's just perspective and opinion. I talked to a friend who was there the same week I was and did the monday party and she kept going on and about how bad the crowds were-10/3-10/6 the crowds were totally fine to me. Friday got crowded but the days we were both there I thought were great.

I was able to score these really cute Mickey & Minnie pumpkin salt & pepper shakers at the Pioneer Mercantile in Frontier yesterday.

I was also able to get a poison apple mug at Clarabelle's in DCA about an hour ago in case anyone is here in the park today, thought I would share. :o It was a special Halloween sundae for $15.

I was also able to get a poison apple mug at Clarabelle's in DCA about an hour ago in case anyone is here in the park today, thought I would share. :o It was a special Halloween sundae for $15.

Oh you break my heart. I searched high and low for one and came up empty.

Sometimes I wonder if my son enjoys our disney trips as much as I do. I wonder if he appreciates the little things like my forethought and planning so we got tickets to the halloween party before it sold out, and my planning to get a us curbside seat to watch the parade and good viewing spot at the hub for fireworks.

Well right now he is watching the frightfully fun parade and halloween screams on youtube. He pulled it up himself and just started watching it. He must have appreciated it to some extent or he wouldn't be reliving the fun right now. Sometimes I need to see that so that I know that it was worth it for both of us.

We had a very similar experience at the HP. I have heard people say they felt like there was packed and not very fun but I felt like aside from the frontierland bottleneck and NOS our was great. I took one look at the crowded area and simply turned and walked the other way and I didnt hit any major crowds. We also didnt have any trouble getting a good spot for the parade (got a curbside front row spot at 7:20 in front of Plaza Inn so a 45 minute wait which isnt bad at all especially compared to the 60th PTN spring break crowds we saw on our march trip). Our party was also on a wednesday and I wonder if that had something to do with it.

Or maybe it's just perspective and opinion. I talked to a friend who was there the same week I was and did the monday party and she kept going on and about how bad the crowds were-10/3-10/6 the crowds were totally fine to me. Friday got crowded but the days we were both there I thought were great.

Timing could definitely be an issue. I went to both Monday and Friday parties. Monday seemed way more crowded even though both nights were sold out. I also did it a little differently though. On Monday we went straight for the treat lines which were pretty long at the time, especially in Frontierland and New Orleans Square. We also got trapped in a few bottleneck areas. On Friday, we ate first, watched the Cadaver Dans a bit, went on pirates, then watched the parade and fireworks. After that, we hit pretty much every treat line with ease and had our pick of non-themed rides to walk on. Changing how we did it really helped us enjoy it more.

We just got home from our trip. Tuesday through Thursday were great crowd wise, Friday and today were much busier, but still very manageable. We did the Wednesday and Friday parties. Wednesday was definitely less crowded. The area in front of NOS up to Critter Country is a total cluster ****.

We enjoyed the parade. The BB reserved area could be handled much better. We actually checked in at the entrance and turned in our tickets. Most others just ducked under the ropes. I told some people that they needed to give the cm their tics and they waved their light up lanyard and said that was all they needed to be in the area. It was not my job to police them, so I let it go, but those lanyards could easily have been from any party night. The important thing is the paper passes you are supposed to present to enter the area. But, the area is not monitored at all (just one cm at the actual entrance) so really anybody could be in there.

We got our Poison Apple mug at Gibson Girl during the Friday night party 10/21.
They did not have any Hat Box ghost Jim Shore figures. And they didn't have the size shirt I wanted on Friday or Saturday. They did on Thursday, but I wanted to think about it more. Bad idea

How busy do you think 10/29-10/31 is going to be? With CHOC walk going on on the 30th, then the actual Halloween Mickey's Halloween Party, I bet it's going to be just as busy as when we were there the week before last.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter