Hanging Xmas Light ????

Crjmom

Earning My Ears
Can anyone tell me the best way to hang xmas lights around the awning of a pop-up camper??

:)

We hang our strings of lantern lights with clothespins! But, I'm sure somebody knows a better way.

I've tried several things--fancy hooks and all--and the clothespins work best for me! They go up easily and come down quick in case of a sudden wind.

Last trip to Camping World I found some clothespin-like clips that loop around the light wire. They clip to the awning but stay attached to the lights for storage. They worked really well, too.

I'm not sure if your awning is the same the one on our travel trailer. We bought awning light hooks at Camping World (we're lucky to have a store right in our town!). They have a plastic piece that slides between the awning and the round frame that it rolls back up in. The other end of the hook is "S" shaped. We use rope lights and they fit right in. The clothes pin ideas sounds like it would work too but not sure it they would hope up in a strong wind.

Have FUN!

we probably have the same hooks as daughtersrus, i think that wal-mart might have them in there rv section
8014A.JPG
Link to buy

Scott, you are so organized, I can't stand it!!! :tongue: :tongue:

We use similar hooks from Camping World, but they are made from nylon webbing - I thought they would be a little stronger than the rubber type, which they also carry. We've used them in very strong winds parks at the beach and have held up well.

Thanks for all your replys. I too was thinking of the clothespins, but wasn't sure if they would work. We are leaving for DW next Wednesday that is if Lili doesn't come our way. We are getting the outer bans now from Isadore, but nothing major as of yet.
Traci

Most popups don't have the kind of awning rail that has the slot for the tab type hangers. I have a Coleman and we use binder clips. We use to use clothes pins but the binder clips are less visible and fold flat so they are not sticking out. We also use a 25' rope light to layout a 3 ring Mickey by our driveway. I always get a 'Oh man that's cool" from the kids riding or walking around the loop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter