• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Happy Anni-birth-aversary...A 33 night Celebration & HHN too.....SF & RPR September 2022 TR

Yaaaayyyyy! Another TR has been started. And a birthday and anniversary trip to boot! Can't wait to read about all your adventures and see all of Tom's amazing photos of details I often overlook.

We're trying to sneak in a September trip if I can get the time off of work. We'll be sure to introduce ourselves if we run into you two.

YAY :welcome: back Gr8t Fan :)

Yep, some nice celebrations for us to look forward to!

Oh I do hope you manage a trip in September, that would be fabulous!! And yes, of course.....if you see us, please say hello.......it`s always nice to meet nice folks!!

Glad to see you here again, hope you enjoy this one....and will keep fingers crossed for your trip.......:wave2:

i-ks2dNtX-S.png

One of the most exciting things about September is being back for HHN.....the Premier event in the whole country for Halloween events.......or so I`m told.........:rolleyes1

It`s certainly been one of the most enjoyable parts of our September visits since 2007 where we absolutely and surely fell in love with an event we had never heard of before. We were visiting UO and saw all the signs, so of course asked about it, but got some bad advice from a TM......we left the park and came back in around 7pm!!!! So, we didn`t do a whole lot.....but we loved it so much we made sure the next year we educated ourselves on tickets and had a good plan.

And every year we loved it more and more and met a lot of folks over the years there who were complete and utter HHN fanatics and we learned so much from them with tips and so on. We`ve only missed 2 years since 2007 until Covid hit and we missed those years too.

But, this year it`s back and although there seems to be a lot of folks not impressed....I think it looks fabulous!!! Hearing the description of the houses, I think they sound good....well, except for the rumoured Bug house which I might avoid like the preverbial plague! Not a huge fan of bugs of any kind.......but, I will do it at least once.

For us the best ticket on sale for the event is the Rush of Fear pass. It is ideal as it runs from opening night till September 25th which is a load of nights to be able to attend. We can visit HHN 17 nights over our trip with this ticket.....we won`t go all of those nights though.

I think it was $915 and some change for two Rush of Fear with Express Passes.

We do add on the Express Pass as we would never do the event without it. Once upon a time there were quiet nights, but over the last years there is no such thing. Maybe quieter.....but not quiet.

First picture is opening night 2018, second was opening night of 2019.

i-4Dcc95F-X2.jpg

i-LvWp6NP-X2.jpg

We are always so thankful of having Express Pass!!!

Yes, there are sometimes houses that might not have much of a line, but holy moly......when it`s as hot as it gets there, you just don`t want to be surrounded by so many people. I do not want to stand in line even for 20 minutes when I could just walk straight in. Express is an absolute essential for us, especially for HHN.

We did the Scare Actor Dining in 2018......it wasn`t great......and long story short, we were told one of the houses was open and obviously it wasn`t.....so we got yelled at for being there, despite a manager sending us round to the front to get a map. You were supposed to go back to the holding area when you left the Monster`s Cafe if the houses weren`t open yet.

He was right of course, he just didn`t need to be so off about it all.... but we did catch a snap of the hordes of folks waiting to get in that night.......

i-GtCp82j-X2.jpg

Every year there are houses that thrill us, and others that maybe don`t sound as good as they should be. There have been 2 maybe 3 houses over the years I`ve genuinely thought were terrible....but even those, the performance the Scare Actors put in are always amazing. If anything lets it down, it`s the theme.

The Scenic Decor Department are truly fabulous and the work that goes into these houses every year is quite a feat and they do a great job of every house. Yes, some might miss the mark like Depths of Fear did in 2019 for us to name one.....but usually they are brilliant.

HALLOWEEN

i-F8n58JQ-S.jpg

One of my all-time favourite houses was when they did the first Halloween house several years back in 2014.......loved the mask they had for sale that year!!! You couldn`t actually buy it and take it, you had to order it and pick it up at the end of the event or during the event, I forget which. Kyle was going to buy one, but I wouldn`t let him.....I still freak out when he wears the Michael Myers tee shirts!!

Yes, Kyle scared the bejeesus out of me with this......

i-R2dZMfn-S.jpg

i-f8kBKHw-S.gif

We had one night then where it rained so hard.....we left very early that night as all the SA went inside as it was so bad. It can happen of course and you just have to roll with it. It must be horrible though if you only have one or two nights and the weather ruins it.

i-rCChjLS-L.jpg

So, we were thrilled to hear rumours way back that Halloween, the original and scariest movie of thos films was going to be featured at this years events, we were incredibly excited!

I love the first original Halloween film.....I hate what they have done with the new ones......Michael Myers was not a 6 foot hulking muscle man who was vicious....he was just a slightly made man who was obsessed with killing his sister.

And of course they changed too that in the new movies insisting Laurie Strode was not his sister......that made me mad as that was the whole point of the darn movie!!

i-C9dzS29-M.gif

This part of the movie is one of the many parts that still makes me jump every single time.......

i-HvDGMkV-M.gif

I`m sure they`ll do this house justice again. But, this is the house we are both most excited about.

Universal Monsters: Legends Collide

i-gNqfQHT-L.jpg

This is probably the next house (announced so far) we are genuinely excited about.

We both grew up watching classic monster movies from Universal and they are phenomenal movies when you watch them. Although they are older than time, or so they seem, they have never lost that classic feeling and we still watch them again and again.

Dracula, Wolfman and Mummy will be a complete Hoot to see!!!

i-7wXPgbX-M.jpg

The Horrors of Blumhouse

The Black Phone/Freaky

i-PF7Lh9P-Th.jpg

i-xLJKPn6-S.gif

i-JrnL59r-S.jpg

Blumhouse houses are always fun. Happy Death Day was camp and fun whilst being quite unique. I wasn`t sure about a double house first time around, but it worked out fine.

We went to the cinema 2 weeks ago to see The Black Phone and although it didn`t scare me, nor did it have any really terrifying moments in it, it was still a decent film. However, you could see throughout the film where it would make a great house for HHN......black balloons and that mask are two to begin with.

Freaky is a film we haven`t seen and probably won`t get to see it before HHN, but think Freaky Friday on scary steroids!!

i-fLLL74Q-S.jpg

The Weeknd

It seems I`m the last person on the planet to have heard of this guy........The Weeknd to me is actually......the weekend!!!! Ever felt old!!

Initially I was like that old lady shaking my head at modern "yoof" and their music.....but it seems this house is actually going to be a lot of fun! Turns out I did know some of his music.....you know where you know the music but have no clue who sings it.....that was me with this guy.

Reading about the house and his music, I am now excited about this house, well, maybe looking forward to it more than I was initially.

And now we wait for the others to be announced.....and I think we have all been so patient this year....opening night is creeping up on us and we still have houses to be announced and the all important food/scare zone/show announcements!!!!

As far as I’m concerned, the classic monsters are the best thing Universal ever produced! I love they are honoring that legacy and bringing it to us 🥳

HHN will be a wonderful time, and I can’t wait to see your report!

Do you have a favorite house or icon from over the years?

They really are fabulous. Even the comedy talent of Abbott and Costello meets franchise were brilliant. We love them all and have every DVD ever made.....I think....maybe missing one or two.

We always said they should have a permanent area for these classics.......seems like that will finally happen with the new park.

Oh goodness.....you ask the best questions at times!!!

I loved Jack the Clown......his Carnival of Carnage in 2007 hooked us in and he is a great Mascot for the event, even though clowns don`t scare me.

House wise, there are so many......Poltergeist was good, Psychoscareapy from several years back, Reflections of Fear from 2008 was phenomenal....Bloody Mary was so scary!! An American Werewolf, La LLorona, Halloween obviously, The Shining and so many more........I could ramble for hours about the houses.

The Story Teller, The Usher and all of those who I missed originally were redone in later years in one area and we got some cool pictures that year we had always wanted.

Last couple of years were still good, but they went for the teen crowd which did diminish the experience to what it used to be, so many of us hope they`re going back to their roots that it`s an adult event. I hate seeing young kids there.....

And then there`s the shows and scare zones......some have been disappointing last few years too, but some have excelled.

So, yes, we can`t wait to get back!!! We want the scares.......👻

Hey Carole! It’s great you guys are coming back to Florida again so soon!

I’ll be interested to hear what you think of SeaWorld. It’s always been our “chill” park—great for a relaxed day of rides and shows. Mako is an awesome coaster, and the older Kraken and Manta coasters are very good too. The new Ice Breaker coaster is good but short. They’ve always been very generous with discounts for military members and veterans, including free tickets for family, so I’ve been visiting for many years. I also donate and volunteer for their awesome animal rescue efforts. They’re very impressive.

I haven’t been to the new Howl O Scream event, but it looks like a lot fun. I was just reading some reviews.

Anyway, I’ll be following along…

Hey Carole! It’s great you guys are coming back to Florida again so soon!

I’ll be interested to hear what you think of SeaWorld. It’s always been our “chill” park—great for a relaxed day of rides and shows. Mako is an awesome coaster, and the older Kraken and Manta coasters are very good too. The new Ice Breaker coaster is good but short. They’ve always been very generous with discounts for military members and veterans, including free tickets for family, so I’ve been visiting for many years. I also donate and volunteer for their awesome animal rescue efforts. They’re very impressive.

I haven’t been to the new Howl O Scream event, but it looks like a lot fun. I was just reading some reviews.

Anyway, I’ll be following along…

:welcome: back JaxDad.......

Yep, won`t be too long till we feel that heat again.

Never been to Seaworld before, not somewhere we`ve ever wanted to go visit. I don`t think we`ll do the rides, we just want to do the houses and experence the bars.....sounds good!!! We are looking forward to visiting for the first time.

The coasters do get fabulous reviews....and yes the military discounts are good to hear about.

Glad you`re along for this one, hope you enjoy it too.....hope you and the kids are doing well.....:wave2:

I'm here and ready to read all about HHN. And since I'm the biggest scaredy cat ever, I'll just scroll right paste the scary parts! 👻🤣

Are you sure you're 55? Didn't you just turn 50 a couple years ago? I could swear I remember Tom getting you a ring for your birthday. It can't be 5 years already!!!!

And Happy Early 30th Anniversary!!! 🥳

I’ve never been to HHN so I’m really looking forward to hearing all about it and hopefully seeing some photos too. The houses sound pretty amazing. I think the express pass will be essential this year given the crowds in July. I imagine a lot of people will be catching up on all the things they missed due to covid and HHNs will likely be busier than ever.

I'm here and ready to read all about HHN. And since I'm the biggest scaredy cat ever, I'll just scroll right paste the scary parts! 👻🤣

Are you sure you're 55? Didn't you just turn 50 a couple years ago? I could swear I remember Tom getting you a ring for your birthday. It can't be 5 years already!!!!

And Happy Early 30th Anniversary!!! 🥳

lol.....it is just so much fun.

I was 50 in 2017 and we did the New York/Orlando trip for that celebration.

Yes, I got the one from Tiffany in New York for my anniversary, that was a surprise I knew nothing about, I thought I was just going for a regular ring. Then he surprised me again in Orlando by getting me 2 other rings from Tiffany for my birthday........he`s a keeper!!! But, goodness yes, that was 5 years ago!!!!

Thanks......30 years have flown past!!

Last edited:
I’ve never been to HHN so I’m really looking forward to hearing all about it and hopefully seeing some photos too. The houses sound pretty amazing. I think the express pass will be essential this year given the crowds in July. I imagine a lot of people will be catching up on all the things they missed due to covid and HHNs will likely be busier than ever.

It`s a fabulous event and we have missed it these last couple of years.

I agree, I think there`s no such thing as a quiet night anymore so for us, EP is essential, wouldn`t do the event without it.

Pictures are always good, we don`t use the flash around the SA so they can be a hit or a miss but the props tend to show up nicely.

Hi Carole,
Always love reading your pre-trip reports🥰 So sorry I will miss you and Tom by a day or two…. I would have loved running into the Dis “celebrities”. :flower:
Brenda

:welcome: Brenda......

Aww, thank you, made me smile there ☺️........I`m sorry we`ll miss you too, we have missed a few folks over the years by a day or so at times.

I`m glad to see you here again though......and hope you enjoy this one too.

Is it August you go or late September?

If you go to Seaworld, you really should ride Mako. It is a great coaster!!

I got to ride Velocicoaster twice yesterday! Such an amazing, fun ride!

You did it!!!!!!!

Fantastic to hear and I`m so glad you enjoyed it.......isn`t it just the best!!!

I think we plan to just do the houses at Seaworld this time around, that does look an amazing coaster though!!

Hope the rest of your trip is as much fun as I`m sure it has been so far......🎢

I'm here at the beginning of this one! :) And, hopefully, will also catch up with the last one as well... and, finish my England report. I really need to get my priorities straight and be on the disboards more. LOL.

:welcome: Alice........

Yes, you made it to the start!!!

Hope you do get to finish the other one too.......and yes, it would be good to see you on the boards more often!!! Work can wait.......lol.....

Good to see you and yes, hope you enjoy this one too!! :wave2:

Looking forward to following along on this trip! It will be be here before you know it.

:welcome: back to you too Cara

Glad you`ll be joining this one too......look forward to rolling along till this trip gets here.......I`m sure August will fly past, but wish I could fast forward.......lol....no patience.

Good to see you.......:wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter