HARD ROCK HOTEL information

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why they did that at Hard Rock only. Maybe it's just an experiment, or they haven't rolled it out to the other two yet? You would think that guests at Hard Rock would be more likely to want to drink those little bottles of alcohol, lol.

Hard Rock has different owners than the other two hotels, so perhaps that has something to do with it.

Mini Bars can be a general pain in the !@#$@ for the hotel. Staffing, product, guest saying that they did not use the items, ect., plus most guests want to use it for their own personal items. I recently took a UNI survey regarding in-room amenities which included Mini Bar and Guest Use Fridges among other things. My guess is they all will transition away from Mini Bars and just leave the fridge.

i always refuse the minibar key when i check in.
my registration at check in shows i do not have any access to it.
once i am in the room, i never give it a second thought.

each day an employee will come in and unlock the minibar to record if anything has been removed.

so if you do keep the mini bar key, and put items in it, be sure you don't rearrange what is already in there.

the mini fridge only keeps items cool, not cold.

Here is the response to my email to Hard Rock:

From Concierge Supervisor Kristen Whitaker

"Our mini bars have been turned into mini refrigerators. Royal Pacific and the Portofino Bay still have mini bars. If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to ask!"

Thanks for getting the 'official' answer damo. :thumbsup2

Looking forward to not having to pack a cooler & ice packs.

Have the rooms at the hard rock been renovated recently. The last time we stayed there 2012 I felt like they were in desperate need of a renovation. In 2013 we stayed at portofino bay and the rooms were renovated and were quite nice just wondering where I should book my next stay. If the rooms at the hard rock have not been renovated we will stay at portofino bay

what about royal pacific any room renovations there?

thank you!

Is anyone able to explain the cards that get you free wi-fi if staying Club Level at HRH. I don't want to pay four lots of $18 for four i phones!!!! Also I am from the UK so will I be eligible anyway? I cannot believe the wi-fi isn't free at a decent hotel like this. Who can live without wi-fi nowadays ..... :( thanks.

The regular wifi at all 3 of the hotels is now free, from what I understand. I am at Royal Pacific at this moment and it's free. You can however pay for a premium faster service for streaming video and such. It looks like that is $14.95 per day- don't know how many connections are allowed.

The regular wifi at all 3 of the hotels is now free, from what I understand. I am at Royal Pacific at this moment and it's free. You can however pay for a premium faster service for streaming video and such. It looks like that is $14.95 per day- don't know how many connections are allowed.

Thanks for the prompt reply. Hopefully it will be the same at HRH. Slow and free will do!!!!

yea, it became a perk for Loews hotel guests many months ago.
always was free in the lobby and by the pool, then rooms were added either end of last year or first of this year.
i can't remember as i haven't ever paid for it.

Is anyone able to explain the cards that get you free wi-fi if staying Club Level at HRH. I don't want to pay four lots of $18 for four i phones!!!! Also I am from the UK so will I be eligible anyway? I cannot believe the wi-fi isn't free at a decent hotel like this. Who can live without wi-fi nowadays ..... :( thanks.

Hi scoobydooby, we recently stayed at HRH and we were club level but from what I understand wi-fi is free regardless of what room type you have. We had 3 devices and they all worked at the same time no problems. My kids were watching YouTube clips of rides etc and it worked fine.

You shouldn't have a problem mate ;-)

freediverdude said:

When did they start the free wifi? That's great news!

Hi scoobydooby, we recently stayed at HRH and we were club level but from what I understand wi-fi is free regardless of what room type you have. We had 3 devices and they all worked at the same time no problems. My kids were watching YouTube clips of rides etc and it worked fine. You shouldn't have a problem mate ;-)

That's excellent new. Happy teenagers in my party! Thanks :)

Is this as new as the website makes it sound?

BE A CLOSET ROCKER WITH PICKS.

Satisfaction. That’s what a luxury brand experience should embody. And what could be more satisfying than a world-class Fender guitar delivered to your room? Hard Rock and Fender have teamed up to offer a uniquely authentic rock-and-roll experience and serious guitars are the new in-room amenity. Are you ready?

Guests may choose from 20 different awesome Fender guitars including legendary Stratocasters, classic Telecasters and a few special surprises. We also offer bass guitars for those of you who love throwing down a funky baseline. Plus, we provide an amp and a pair of headphones to ensure maximum sound for you and zero noise complaints to us.

The best part? There's no charge or time limit on use (but just to be sure you don't go off on your next world tour with our guitar, a $1,000 credit card deposit is required when checking a guitar out). So grab that Fender axe you’ve always wanted to try, channel Stevie Ray or Clapton and shred for as long as you're staying at Hard Rock Hotel.

Oh thank you for posting this. My son will LOVE this; he plays guitar. Pretty well too. Age 15 he is a rock star in his head!!! I can't wait to surprise him with this he will be beside himself :) :) :)

Be sure to find the terms and conditions on the HRH site. There's a hefty cc hold put on a cc, for instance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter