Harry potter forbidden journey, can a chicken ride it?

scarlet-la-belle

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone I'm going to Disney next week and were visiting Universal for the day because I'm a Harry Potter geek :lmao: But I'm also a chicken when it comes to any scary rides and I really do want to go on F.J but I'm worried that it will be to scary for me.
Dose it go fast or have any drops? (splash mountain is too scary for me)
I would really appreciate any opinions.
Thanks guys :goodvibes

LoL I half expected your post to say you wanted to take a stuffed animal on the ride....

On a more serious note I think you will be OK - it is worth giving it a shot. There are no real drops like a roller coaster but it does 'fly' like a more intense Soarin' with a screen in front of you and there are some anamatronics that 'scare' you in the castle part after the screen, think Dinosaur at Disney. Have you done any of the similator rides?

My Stepson and Husband both rode FJ and liked it and I can't get them near a roller coaster or Tower of Terror, in fact Stepson was so nervous he nearly 'chicked' out in the line. In fact they both went on it again in the evening before we left, hope this helps.

Sorry, they're pretty strict about only putting humans on the ride. There is no way it would be safe for a chicken with the way the restraints are designed.

Plus, given the amount of growth hormones used in chickens these days, I doubt many of them would fit. Have you seen the size of some of those chicken thighs out there?

just came back from the wizarding world last week and I must say I am a huge harry potter fan and loved "the world"!! As for fj....i tend to get motion sickness pretty easily soooo I had on my motion sickness patch that works wonders aboard a cruise ship but not too much on the ride. I had to close my eyes and miss some of the cool stuff because I was getting sick....not so much I think from the ride's movement but from the screen changing at crazy rates. I don't think the ride was too scary especially from reading all the posts here....you kind of knew what to expect. I did the ride again later in the day and forced myself not to close my eyes .......because I wanted to see everything.....probably not a good thing because I definetly felt sick but ...imo....it was worth it !!!:wizard:

Thanks so much for everyones help I really dont want to miss out on this ride. I have been on Dinosaur and while it was a bit scary I was ok, it's really more speed and big drops that can't deal with. Thanks eveyone :hug: And the chicken jokes were funny you guys

LoL I half expected your post to say you wanted to take a stuffed animal on the ride....
I don't know about chickens, but we did take Pudgewig, the giant stuffed owl I won, on Hippogriff. You can see the photo by clicking here if you're on Facebook.

As for Forbidden Journey, it's not scary in terms of motion since the motion range is limited to the robot arm so the big stuff, like drops, etc., are all simulated. Granted, I don't get scared easily, but I think timid people would do okay on it. Motion sickness is the bigger danger.

I went on the ride today after reading loads of threads online about if it was scary or not. I really don't like big coasters and scary rides, but I have been on a few with my girlfriend whilst I have been out in Orlando.

First thing is first- it is NOT horrible or scary or intense at all. It is the smoothest ride I have ever been on, really feels like gliding around. You WILL go up and down and tilt on your back for a very short time (mere seconds) but it is all so smooth it really does not make you feel bad at all. There are no horrible coaster style drops where your stomach turns. Make sure you ignore the videos as you approach the ride that show the riders going upside down, IT DOES NOT HAPPEN. That video nearly put me off.

Probably the only bit anyone will have trouble with are the bits with the videos, which can seem fast, and do simulate flying down cliffs and similar (you don't feel the drops, it is important to remember that) but my tip for this is if you feel scared just look directly up or down, or to your extreme right or left. If you do that you can see the edge of the projection screen and you can tell easily that you are just facing a screen and not moving. I did this on my first time round at the start and then started gradually forcing myself to watch the screen. By the end of my first ride I was loving it and throwing myself into every movement the screen made. I went on 3 times in total and loved it more each time.

My final tip is to just go totally limp and let the floaty ride take you, it is actually really relaxing, it really is that smooth! If you have been on the Simpsons Ride, Spiderman or even Wild Arctic at SeaWorld, you will easily be able to take Harry Potter as HP is so much more smooth (and fun!) It is not jerky like the other rides mentioned, which is what makes me feel nervous.

Hope this can help people who were doing the same frantic research as me! Enjoy!!!

If Dinosaur is not bad for you, the FJ will be ok too. As far as "motion" goes, I think they're similar. Dinosaur is probably a little MORE violent/jerky.

even though most of the posts in this thread are from 2010, 6 years back with one post from 2011, the info is still valid.

Thanks so much for everyones help I really dont want to miss out on this ride. I have been on Dinosaur and while it was a bit scary I was ok, it's really more speed and big drops that can't deal with. Thanks eveyone :hug: And the chicken jokes were funny you guys

Glad you decided to try it. I'm not a big Harry Potter fan (saw and enjoyed a couple of the movies, but that is about the extent of my "fandom") and I LOVED the ride. I can just imagine how much someone who is a huge Potter fan will enjoy it.

Just do it. You'll survive. :). Maybe you'll like it, maybe you'll hate it but at least you'll have experienced it. My 7yo rode it twice, if that tells you anything...

I always take Meclizine before I head out to the parks. I have no trouble with any rides.

As far as FJ. I always sit back in my seat and keep my head against the seat.

The ride is awesome! I think I rode it a dozen times on my first trip and about 4-5 times the second trip. You really feel like you are flying sometimes!

In case you want to be surprised for the ride, I wouldn't watch the link I will be posting. I get motion sickness so that was the only part that bothered me. My oldest daughter, who was 8 at the time, said it was too much for her and she loves Splash Mountain and Space Mountain. The ride is on an arm and that arm moves in all sorts of directions. At one point you are pulled backwards and almost upside down. I loved this, my daughter did not. Watch the video to get an idea of the ride mechanism and how imagine it moving all over the place. I don't want to scare you away but if Splash Mountain is too intense for you, not sure how this one will go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter