Has anyone been to Radisson Parkway?

*Fantasia*

<font color=royalblue>Nothing beats a nice clean-c
I think it's on Parkway Blvd. Has anyone been there? Can you please tell me about this resort? How did you like your stay there? How was the pool? Do they have kiddie pool there too? How was the restuarant(s)? How far is it to get to disney's theme parks? Thanks!!

I attended a meeting here a couple of years ago. I'd never choose it over staying onsite, even at an All Star resort. For an off-site hotel, the public space including the pool is very nice. I felt the rooms were just adequate - not as *nice* as the rest of the resort made me think they'd be, but definitely better than a Holiday Inn.

It's close to WDW, but I hate driving on 192 with all the traffic. I only ate in the snack bar type place, but it was very good.

I'd gladly return for a meeting here, but would choose to stay onsite if I was up for a wdw vacation.

We stayed there about four years ago. It was a nice resort at a reasonable price. The rooms were nice, nothing special but clean and fairly spacious. The pool area was very nice. They had a large pool with a waterslide. This pool wasn't heated. They had a smaller pool that was heated; we were there in January so we spent all our time in this pool. There was a kiddie pool that was separated from the large pool. It was a round wading pool. They also had a nice hot tub built into a rock formation. It was nice but I remember it being too hot for me!
We never ate in the restaurant but we did get food from the deli/snack bar that was good.
This hotel is very close to Disney. You don't have to drive through Kissimmee at all. The turnoff for the hotel is at the first traffic light after leaving Disney. It is basically right where I-4 and 192 meet. I know there are supposed to be a lot of construction delays on 192 but I can't imagine it being that bad from there.
We were happy with our stay there. The only reason we haven't stayed there again is that we've become hooked on suite hotels and timeshare rentals. We love having all the extra space but I don't think you'd be unhappy staying at the Radisson Resort at the Parkway.

Thanks to both of you! The reason I asked is because my husband may attend his convention here (at the moment, the plan is schedule to take place at this hotel). The kids and I are suppose to meet at WDW after his convention. I'm thinking maybe we should fly 3 days earlier and stay in disney or just stay with him until his convention is over, we could switch to disney.

I saw their website and I understand that there did a recent renovation to the hotel. The hotel looks very nice from the outside.

Anybody else has stayed at this resort?

My family and I have stayed there three times, 1995 (when it was a Ramada), 1997, and 2000. It is a nice resort. Beautiful grounds and gardens. Nice pools. Large pool has waterfall and slide but is not heated. Smaller pool is heated. Two hot tubs. One kiddie pool. Rooms are small and the place gets noisy with the many groups they put up. Resturant was nice with great breakfast buffet and a nice, on-site 50's deli with a free jukebox. We did not stay there this year because they raised their prices and I received rude customer service. We used to pay $79 a night which was a good deal. Now they wanted $119 a night for the same small room. When I emailed them about the price they said take it or leave it. Then I found rooms there at $99 on a travel web site. I left it and we stayed at the Vistana this year.

Thanks Jeff! Hmmm....sounds like they kind of went down hill. Unoftunately, my husband said he preffers to stay with the convention hotel, this way he can change clothes fast if needed if the agenda changes. I guess we should be fine, it will only be 2 or 3 nights for us, but 4 nights for him, but he won't be around the place much, he will be at the meeting all day. Thanks!

Anybody else would like to add something to this? Anyone else been there?

We just stayed there last week. The rooms were clean and appeared to be recently renovated. All rooms appear to be decorated alike. The hotel is large, and you may want
to request a ground floor room so you dont have to travel far to the lobby.

Has daily shuttles to wdw and universal. Did not use them but was told they only go from the hotel and no others. Kids liked the pool and game room. Room service is available, we ordered from the short order restaurant a few times, food was good.

Our service was trouble free and the staff was cordial. The rooms are a bit noisy, can hear
outside in the hallway. Very easy to get to disney, first hotel you encounter off expressway.
Would stay there again if I could not stay at a disney resort.

We stayed there last year ( Oct.). The rooms were a little small but overall we thought it was very nice. The kids especially enjoyed the big pool with the slide and waterfall. They also had a nice hot tub also with a waterfall. We only ate at the pizza hut that is in the hotel which was good. They did have a kids eat free program that we took advantage of for breakfast one morning. The food was just ok and it was actually cheaper ( and better ) to go to the ponderosa just up the road. There was alot of road construction when we were there so driving was a bit of a pain. We did use the shuttle ( free ) on three occasions and it worked out very well for us. They would pick you up around 8am at the hotel and then drop you off at the ttc. You could then take the disney busses to whatever park you were going to. The shuttle also ran to universal. The shuttle times are limited so be sure and pick up a schedule when you arrive. All in all it was a very nice place and we would stay again but this year we are staying at the Vistana with some friends who own a timeshare there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter