Has anyone decorated their Magic Bands? Please show us the pictures!

I was so inspired by all the bands, I decided to take our bands from our last trip and experiment! We have another set coming for our May trip, so if I mess these up, it will not be the end of the world. I used a Migi Nail art kit (ads on TV all the time) that someone got me as a Christmas present. They worked really well for the details.

One thing to note: I had seen that mistakes were removed easily with nail polish remover - not entirely true. The color of the band and the color of the polish comes into play here. I was not able to completely remove the red from my yellow band, and I figure black is probably the same. So use caution with darker colors on lighter bands if you have to remove the polish!

I love Animal, so I chose him as my first attempt. Sorry for the glare, I had to use my flash.

tumblr_mzpj445zJV1s8lvmoo1_500.jpg

Here is the nail art kit I used:
tumblr_mzookse4gU1s8lvmoo2_500.jpg

I was so inspired by all the bands, I decided to take our bands from our last trip and experiment! We have another set coming for our May trip, so if I mess these up, it will not be the end of the world. I used a Migi Nail art kit (ads on TV all the time) that someone got me as a Christmas present. They worked really well for the details.

One thing to note: I had seen that mistakes were removed easily with nail polish remover - not entirely true. The color of the band and the color of the polish comes into play here. I was not able to completely remove the red from my yellow band, and I figure black is probably the same. So use caution with darker colors on lighter bands if you have to remove the polish!

I love Animal, so I chose him as my first attempt. Sorry for the glare, I had to use my flash.

tumblr_mzpj445zJV1s8lvmoo1_500.jpg

Here is the nail art kit I used:
tumblr_mzookse4gU1s8lvmoo2_500.jpg

That is creative as all get out - took me a minute to find the mickey head, but I *ADORE* how you used it as animals eyes and nose!! Fantastic job :cheer2:

WOW!! I am just amazed at everyone's creativity!! These all are just beautiful!! I'm so inspired to try to customize mine for our September trip, but I'm too afraid of messing up. I'm kind of hoping one of you super talented people open up an Etsy Magic Band decorating shop with a super quick turnaround time so I can ship off my band when it comes in August!
Can't wait to see more!!

Great job everyone. That animal one is kinda what I wanna do to mine but it's blue so I was thinking stitch with his big mouth open. Mickeys head as the nose then use the ears as stitches eyes but just make them more stitch shape. What you all think?

We got our Magic Bands today and blinged them out and are so excited to wear them in 24 days!!!

IMG_5725.JPG

We used the nail polishes in the above pictures. The jeweled stripes are Kiss Nail Artist Stickers that I cut into strips. We are very happy with our bands and are so excited to wear them. We both have small wrists, so we were able to remove the outer grey band.

I LOVE YOUR BANDS! Silver one is my favorite. I do want to put a little bling on mine and I love the way you did it. Thinking of changing mine to pink maybe. I think I've changed my magic band order at least twice already! lol

So if I just bought nail decals from Etsy, would it be the same as using the stamping kit? Just having someone else design them?

Good idea! I just went to Etsy to look at some. I'm having a hard time deciding which way I want to go with my "design."

Good idea! I just went to Etsy to look at some. I'm having a hard time deciding which way I want to go with my "design."

I ordered a Minnie/Mickey kissing design for our red anniversary bands and then decided to do a Frozen design for my other band. I am thinking sparkly white with Frozen decals and maybe light blue gems?

So if I just bought nail decals from Etsy, would it be the same as using the stamping kit? Just having someone else design them?

I would think so. I don't use decals because when I use to put them on my nails they would fall off after a few days so I'm not sure how they'd work on the MB.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I would think so. I don't use decals because when I use to put them on my nails they would fall off after a few days so I'm not sure how they'd work on the MB. Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I was planning to super glue them if possible and do a couple layers of clear coat?

Hi all! I wish I was half as creative as you are. I'm here now, finishing up day 2. My band has 2 coats of glitter polish, a few small sparkly nail art stars which I dabbed with superglue and 2 coats of clear polish. So far I've had no problems scanning it and it's holding up perfectly except where it snaps together on the gray part. It's not a problem because it's covered up by the pretty part. I will post pics soon.
For those wondering, you CAN remove several layers if polish and superglue with pure acetone polish remover and start over. My band is red and wasn't discolored at all. My dd15 decided my first attempt with multi colored and shaped little nail art sparklies look "stupid".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter