Has anyone decorated their Magic Bands? Please show us the pictures!

That is funny, I didn't think too much about it...when I was customizing mine, but I wanted everyone in my family to have a different color...I saved pink for my daughter...

I liked grey because it will match everything...right?!

Maybe not..."band of shame it is" - funny :)

I covered mine in crystals. See the picture the above person linked to. I don't know how to link to my previous thread.

I did purposely pick grey because it matched everything. Also, I made a little partial tuxedo band cover sleeve for my guy friend. So when we dine out, we can be "formal" together.

Also, if you are using crystals, most of which come in pastels, grey matches nicely with any color.

The last one was originally blue, but I put on one coat of a plain teal nail polish and two coats of a sparkly green-blue. After that dried I added a clear glow in the dark polish just for fun. All in all it took me about ten or fifteen minutes.

Love the look of the one you did with the nail polish! Glad to hear that it worked and stayed on in the parks. I may have to try this on mine. :)

So excited! I get my band in today. Stopping at home depot and walgreens on my way home.

That is funny, I didn't think too much about it...when I was customizing mine, but I wanted everyone in my family to have a different color...I saved pink for my daughter...

I got grey for my aunt for the same reason, because it's neutral and I know she's more fashionable than I am.

Went ahead tried Mrsxsparrow's idea with the nail polish:) My youngest loves yellow and didn't want the color to change, so hers just got clear sparkles. The red mb I did last and is still wet from the top coat. I loved the way they turned out, thanks so much Mrsxsparrow!!! :thumbsup2:goodvibes

I am LOVIN' this! I've got so much nail polish that I've barely used since I had DS. My MB is gonna get the full treatment. Whoo hoo!!

cmusschoot said:

My boyfriend was the same way...I asked what color he wants, he told me blue or gray. I was like...GRAYYY?! But they do match everything and I can definitely see a guy wanting it to

Went ahead tried Mrsxsparrow's idea with the nail polish:) My youngest loves yellow and didn't want the color to change, so hers just got clear sparkles. The red mb I did last and is still wet from the top coat. I loved the way they turned out, thanks so much Mrsxsparrow!!! :thumbsup2:goodvibes

Looks cool. I hope it doesn't interfere with the magic band operation. The Mickey readers are very persnickety about the Mickey head on the band being aligned with the Mickey head on the reader.

Looks cool. I hope it doesn't interfere with the magic band operation. The Mickey readers are very persnickety about the Mickey head on the band being aligned with the Mickey head on the reader.

The lady who did this earlier said they worked fine in the parks and how radio frequency works is about proximity and nail polish wouldn't do anything to it:) Most of the time people just angle the mb's wrong, it's all about alignment as you said.::yes::

Just wondering if anyone has given their MBs a personal touch. I read where someone said they covered theirs in sworski crystals, another said they were going to use a sharpie to decorate it, but haven't seen any pictures yet. I would like to do something to mine, but I am a little nervous about it.

We bought a 4 pack (4 in our party) of the Theme Park "bandits" one each representing the 4 parks, and 3 of the 4 didn't last 1 day. DS10's fell out within 5 minutes of putting it in (I put it in so I know it was all the way in) DD5's fell out about an hour later, and mine lasted til the return trip back to our resort at the end of the day after park closing was when I noticed it was missing, and I had been seen it on my band when we were leaving the park, so it fell off somewhere. My wife's bandit was the only one to survive the trip.

Too bad, since we all really liked them.

When I first decided to customize, I just wanted them to be really glittery (I'm a princess, what can I say?). I used Mod Podge and glitter and then sealed it with some more ModPodge. I loved how they turned out:

But even though none of the glitter came off when I touched it, by the end of a few hours of wear a lot of the glitter had worn off and it ended up looking like this:

So I got smart and changed plans, and this is my new one!

This is after a couple days of wear and a few days snapped around my purse. Also, you can't tell in this picture, but it glows in the dark too :)

Wish I had known about this before our trip...DD5 is total princess and would have definitely been into rocking a band like this!

Are you guys finding that the nail polish holds up well? Does it crack or anything? Also, what kind of polish did you use? Are we talking the 99 cent kind, or something a little more fancy?

Are you guys finding that the nail polish holds up well? Does it crack or anything? Also, what kind of polish did you use? Are we talking the 99 cent kind, or something a little more fancy?

I'd like to know this too. We are going for two weeks so it would have to hold up that long. I love sparkles! :goodvibes

We bought a 4 pack (4 in our party) of the Theme Park "bandits" one each representing the 4 parks, and 3 of the 4 didn't last 1 day. DS10's fell out within 5 minutes of putting it in (I put it in so I know it was all the way in) DD5's fell out about an hour later, and mine lasted til the return trip back to our resort at the end of the day after park closing was when I noticed it was missing, and I had been seen it on my band when we were leaving the park, so it fell off somewhere. My wife's bandit was the only one to survive the trip.

Too bad, since we all really liked them.

We did the same thing. We managed to keep the Tree of Life the entire 10 days the others were long gone. I think they are super cute but they need to fix the design somehow.

I"m totally not a glitter/sparkly kind of girl but I'd totally rock glow in the dark. Where do you find glow in the dark polish?

won't get our MBs until Xmas time but I am making covers out of material for ours. I am making family reunion Tshirts so I cut up one to make for the day we wear those - these will slip over the bands with an opening for Mickey's head. I also got some fabrics with MM on them. will try to post once I get my MB

I colored just the mickey head over the weekend with a paint marker. I didn't put any nail polish on it yet (still trying to find glow in the dark polish; might just have to order online)

the marker stayed on for the most part, but has worn off a little. Once I "seal" it in with the nail polish, it should be fine.

I've tested them a bit as with normal nail polish and top coat, water beads on them just fine. The glitter doesn't flake off. The most durable one is the plain clear glitter one. Next would be the glitter pink one, you can't tell from the pic but that one smooth. Both are going on tiny wrists and are quite bendable (bent backwards and forwards). Especially the red. I doubt either of the glitter ones will change because you won't notice (the pink one has 4 or 5 coats and it's not like craft store showered on glitter). The yellow basically didn't change at all. The red is the prettiest, but since it actually has a color to it, it needed more coats. It's bendy, waterproof and doesn't crack, but if I were to take a sharp object to it it would leave a small impression or dent. The polish is a "bouncy" consistency. It's an adult band, so it will hold up fine bumping into normal stuff (purses, tables or guard rails, lol).
If you are on the fence, just do a couple coats of clear glitter or glow in the dark. I wish I could show you, but it really doesn't change the mb, other than making it prettier ;-)
Doing a real color or many coats is fine as well (we're going to a water park too), but won't handle a child scraping it on asphalt lol. The clear glitter would! It's such a thin layer and even if you were able to scratch some off, you wouldn't notice.
I think the clear glitter band will last always, but the red will probably get knicks after a few trips (not down to the original color, but like when you put way too many layers of nail polish on and were to press your fingernail into it, it would make a slight impression, but mostly bounce back, so hard to explain! Lol). However, I feel the bands are more of a one time use and we'll get new ones each trip. I'm more worried about them falling off and will buy sleeves for the kids (although I LOVE the idea of making your own as pp said) :-D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter