Has anyone done Ariel's Grotto Princess meal?

We only did Goofy's Kitchen and Ariel's for dinner, and of the two, I thought Goofy's was better. The characters did not seem as rushed (Cinderella just blazed through and I almost didn't get an autograph), and you have more choices because it was a buffet. The food at Ariel's was quite good (not great), perhaps it depends on what you order. Goofy's Kitchen also had a mix of great and good dishes. DD was under 3, so she did not get the bucket with the dinner. Of course, having all the Princesses there at once without having to wait in line was great! We had Belle, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Ariel with legs, and Cinderella. I wanted to see Jasmine but no such luck ... The waiters were great at both places.

By the way, Belle in her village outfit was at Goofy's Kitchen - I did not expect that.

I've got 2 little girls (and a small boy :) ) who love the princesses, so we've done Ariel's twice. I actually really enjoyed it. We had one waittress that was rather crabby and would only "interract" with my son. :confused3 And I will agree that the princesses can zip through. I think that it depends on the size of your party and when you're there. But I actually love the food. The chicken pot pie is delicious and HUGE! To me, it's worth the $$ since you get 3 courses (I'm not big on buffets) served to you, get a break from all the walking and get to see a bunch of princesses without standing in long lines. I think that we'll probably do it again when we're at DLR in Nov.

We did the Princess dinner at Ariels Grotto last friday afternoon with a group of 6 (4 adults 2 kids, all girls). My daughter, 7, absolutely was in heaven. My niece 4, is quite scared of charactors, so they quickly discovered not to come up to her, just to stand near her and talk. We had Belle, Cinderella, Snow, Ariel and Sleeping Beauty come by. They were all very nice and although they did not spend a long time at our table, it was plenty to chat, autograph and take a photo. They even taught my daughter some princess waves and poses, which she thought was amazing.

We sat outside right along the water and it was beautiful weather. The food was good and plenty of it. My mom and sister said their food was great (one had pasta and the other a fish sandwich). My daughter loved her bucket of chicken and fries and the plate of seakelp (cotton candy) We had bread, a salad, dinner and dessert and we were all stuffed. The service was good too.
Our experience was really good. They had told me when I made our PS that we had 1 1/2 hours for our meal and interaction. Knowing that, I knew it would go by quickly. It was worth every penny not to have to chase the princesses around the park, waiting in the heat, hoping to get to see them before they are taken back and getting some awesome pictures with them.
For us it was a great afternoon.

disneegrl4eva said:
:rotfl2: Im serious...pm me your email addy and I will send you the pic of Jasmine and you tell me if she isnt ugly!! :lmao:

Lynn's right--she was BAD!!! :rotfl: I wondered if they were having a Jasmine emergency and had to call in Aladdin to stand in! :lmao:

I still think we'll do the meal, even with the possibilities of all things going against us. This may very well be our only shot at a princess meal--either of us! We'll take it, ugly princesses, slow servers and all.

No one ever answered me about the wine list. Please tell me there is at least a wine list. We shouldn't have to endure poor service, mediocre food and unattractive princesses WITHOUT WINE! ;)

mk

We did Ariel's last May and plan on doing it again for our Oct. trip. There is no wine list (I don't think) but there is plenty of food and it was pretty good. We thought the princesses took plenty of time at each table and didn't seem that rushed at all. And our Jasmine was VERY pretty as were all the princesses. Jasmine had a six pack to die for. I would recommend it!

We also like Ariel's. I will say that the only dish I like is the pasta, I did not care for the pot pie at all. Might try the burger next time. We had great interaction both times, but we went for lunch which seems to get much better reviews than dinner in that department. We got lots of great pictures! I like the atmosphere also.

Just think of it this way, if you go and don't like it, atleast you don't always have to wonder about it. It will be one restaurant off your list to worry about next time. My girls love it though and they always spend alot of time with the baby which is cute!

Andrea

We were there in June with our two boys (3&5--the 3 year old is in love with ALL the princesses) and had a wonderful time. I didn't feel that the princesses rushed at all, in fact, Cinderella and Ariel both spent quite a long time with our boys and I was impressed with how long they spent talking to them. Longer than the breakfast we did with Minnie & Friends (although I also recommend that, we had a great time there also). No wine list that I remember, but then, I didn't ask for one, either. Our food was very good and the kids were happy with their meals. I don't know if this made a difference, but we did go at a time that was less busy (VERY early dinner, 4:30 as I recall), so that may be something to consider. Perhaps the princesses weren't as rushed with us because it wasn't as busy at that time.

I don't think she is ugly! :confused3
Disneyland_035.jpg

since my daughter has her heart set on this one... do you guys recommend the patio seating or the inside seating?, both were available when I called for the reservation.
Thanks!

Here's a pic of our Jasmine! I thought she was very pretty. That's my daughter Megan with her. She's got a face painting of TinkerBell on her cheek!

761707230109_0_ALB.jpg

AspiringCindy said:
I don't think she is ugly! :confused3
Disneyland_035.jpg

I don't think she is ugly, either. We also had this same CM as Jasmine at Aladdin's Oasis for the little show there in 2005. I think her eyes are very Jasmine-like

Just wanted to say thanks for all the great info here! We're taking our two girls (3 & 2) in Dec. and a Princess meal is obviously a must for us. I'd been wondering what to expect and from the looks of things I think we'll have a good time...at least I know the girls will be "star" struck!!

I heard the fish was very fresh...
nah, she was very well behaved and lady like while we were there. LoL.

I think SamIAm's Jasmine is prettier, and looks more like what I think Jasmine should look. Our Belle didn't look very much like what I think Belle should look. But we had a great time anyway! And I agree, not having to wait in half a dozen lines for autographs was great!

SamIAm21 said:
Here's a pic of our Jasmine! I thought she was very pretty. That's my daughter Megan with her. She's got a face painting of TinkerBell on her cheek!

ok your jasmine was way cuter than ours ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter