Has anyone done the Hawaii to Sydney cruise

Tashinwdw

WDW - closest I will ever get to being a princess
I am looking at doing the cruise from Hawaii to sydney, if anyone has done this cruise I would love some info to help me book once the dates are released.

DH likes to watch the ship dock, so what side does the majority dock too?

I have only cruised ovation, voyeger and explorer, radiance is a smaller ship, does it move a lot more in the water in caparison to the bigger ships - we are thinking of spoiling ourselves and booking junior suite and they are only on deck 10. which is a lot higher than I normally go, I get back motion sickness so typically get balcony 6th deck and middle of ship.

What tours do you recommend at the stops, what did you do and how did you like it?

any other helpful tips would be great?

We've done the opposite direction - Sydney to Honolulu on the Radiance in April 2014.

Can't say that the docking favored one side or the other. Perhaps Starboard slightly? Several stops you tender.

We were in a Grand Suite which we enjoyed. We actually found that the motion in the middle of the Pacific was very smooth. My wife is prone to motion sickness and normally takes dramamine as a matter of course. However on this cruise it was so calm that for several days she skipped it entirely. Of course, that might have been just an unusual circumstance.

We've done the opposite direction - Sydney to Honolulu on the Radiance in April 2014.
ps Starboard slightly? Several stops you tender.

We were in a Grand Suite which we enjoyed. We actually found that the motion in the middle of the Pacific was very smooth. My wife is prone to motion sickness and normally takes dramamine as a matter of course. However on this cruise it was so calm that for several days she skipped it entirely. Of course, that might have been just an unusual circumstance.

Thanks, I will keep researching and see if I can find anything else. if not I will just book whichever one is available :)

You will definitely feel more motion on the smaller ships from our experience.

We have just got off the radiance of the seas which I believe is travelling from Sydney to Hawaii tonight. We had a junior suite on deck 10. I found myself reaching for the sea sickness tablets more than normal and felt a lot of movement. We were at the back of the ship whereas normally I travel in the middle. The room was spacious but we had a lot of noise from above especially between 10 and 12 pm. I also found there to be a lack of entertainment and it was aimed at retirees. We purchased the zoom internet package which at least gave us some movies to watch from net flicks.

We have just got off the radiance of the seas which I believe is travelling from Sydney to Hawaii tonight. We had a junior suite on deck 10. I found myself reaching for the sea sickness tablets more than normal and felt a lot of movement. We were at the back of the ship whereas normally I travel in the middle. The room was spacious but we had a lot of noise from above especially between 10 and 12 pm. I also found there to be a lack of entertainment and it was aimed at retirees. We purchased the zoom internet package which at least gave us some movies to watch from net flicks.

I had heard that its based more at the older generation, which is disappointing, they did the same on ovation. I really want to do the itinerary though, but when they don't have a great range of activities I find the amount of sea days on a reposition to get boring. But on the plus side, I don't have to cook or clean, so got to look at the good side :)

I get motion sick just going around round abouts so have to take bonnine every day on a cruise, so I think I will stick to balcony middle of the ship lower down, just to be on the safe side. I am also a very light sleeper so noise wont be good.

Where are your stops Tashinwdw? I have often looked at theses reposition cruises as I'm particularly keen on the ones that stop in places like Bora Bora and Moorea where I'd never be able to afford to stay. Unfortunately, the timing has never been quite right.

I'll be really keen to hear how you find it. :)

Where are your stops Tashinwdw? I have often looked at theses reposition cruises as I'm particularly keen on the ones that stop in places like Bora Bora and Moorea where I'd never be able to afford to stay. Unfortunately, the timing has never been quite right.

I'll be really keen to hear how you find it. :)

If I go by the itinerary for the reverse trip (as the one I want to do has not been released yet) it stops at Picton, Wellington, Papeete, bora bora. I am mostly after the Papeete and bora bora stops, but have not been to those places in NZ so that will also be good. Carnival has one that stops at Fiji insead of NZ but also does an extra island in Hawaii but the price is rather expensive, I hope its not a sign of the RCI cruise when its released as I am not sure I can justify the expense. Will have to wait and see.

Sounds like fun. Wellington and Picton are both great ports.

Have you checked out Celebrity and NCL? I think they both do relocation cruises also, but I'm not sure of the stops or price.

I think you will have a great time whatever one you pick. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter