Has anyone ever amended a booking?

MeeskaMooskaMickey

Mouseketeer
Me and my family (husband, teen daughter and son) have booked to go on Navigator this summer. We got a good discount plus free drinks packages for the first two adults. We have now asked my mother to join us and the price quoted for a solo traveller is ££££££! I was told that she would have to pay the price of a couple minus the second persons gratuity. Also there were no more interior rooms available so she would have to get a balcony room.
I was thinking that if she has to pay the price for two people, my daughter could share with her but I'm not sure if she could be taken off our booking. I don't want to lose our discounts! I've tried phoning but the person I spoke to wasn't all that helpful. Thanks

I am not sure on the logistics of your daughter sharing the room and what kind of discount you got might be dependent on four people???

I do know that the single person is ALMOST always the cost of two people minus port fees and taxes and gratuities for a second person. So maybe she has a friend that would want to go and that way the cost would be less?

Shouldn't be a problem to change it I don't think and generally any discount or perks is only dependent on the first two people in the cabin so I doubt if you'd lose anything there. Did you book directly with RCI or did you go through a travel agent?

It might have to be repriced when you take daughter off. And your daughter will be charged more because a second person is more expensive than a fourth person. So if the prices are the same you're only getting back what you paid for your daughter in your room.

And since you used the pound symbol, you should know that if you booked through the U.K. site or a U.K. travel agent you probably don't have the ability to modify at all. U.K. bookings unbelievers have higher protections in cases of the cruise being cancelled but individuals get fewer "rights" to change their bookings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter