Has anyone ever gotten signed up for a free Princess run?

annymals

Earning My Ears
I am just really confused because this is all too good to be true honestly. I only found out that I am registered for the Princess 10K next weekend because I got an email from runDisney that it was urgent and I needed to sign my waiver. I thought it was really odd because although I did do a race back in January 2024, I had already signed my waiver for back then. I decided to sign into my account and see what it was all about and sure enough, under my active events, it said that I am registered for the Princess 10K and the registration info that pops up is all my personal info. The only thing different on the registration was the emergency contact which had the contact of someone I did not know and the shirt size was for the opposite gender.

I definitely did not registered for race and did not have anyone else register on my behalf. I also did not get charged for this run. No one I know this year is running or attending the Princess events. I did reach out to runDisney and they confirmed that I am registered, but how...? It's also a little concerning if someone did happen to register me that they have all my personal information to fill out. And if someone did register another person, wouldn't the registration info show up for the person they registered? The registration info is the same from the name, DOB, address, and phone number. This whole thing is really just weird and I'm being highly skeptical of it.

The only thing I could imagine is someone registered for a friend or family member and meant to put their email address and put yours instead?

I registered a friend for the disneyland race this week and when I was signing up I wanted to save time so I put in her email (which has an account with rundisney) and my home address and phone number thinking I could change them later after we were signed up. When the registration went through it was all automatically filled with her actual information and I am assuming it’s based on her email address?

Maybe someone entered your email address and it autofilled the info? But that is very weird!

I definitely did not registered for race and did not have anyone else register on my behalf. I also did not get charged for this run. No one I know this year is running or attending the Princess events. I did reach out to runDisney and they confirmed that I am registered, but how...? It's also a little concerning if someone did happen to register me that they have all my personal information to fill out. And if someone did register another person, wouldn't the registration info show up for the person they registered? The registration info is the same from the name, DOB, address, and phone number. This whole thing is really just weird and I'm being highly skeptical of it.
This is really bizarre and I have never heard of this happening.

With that said....you did your due diligence and contacted Run Disney. They confirmed that you are indeed registered so my guess is that you will have a bib number come early next week. If that's the case, then I hope you are local or able to travel so that you can run. 🥳 I would have to imagine that if it was someone who had your autofill information, it would be someone you actually know and you would know if they had a missing race registration. I would not suspect that someone had your personal information (why would someone steal your credentials to sign you up for a 10k at Disney?). It seems more likely to be a glitch?

If there was some sort of glitch in the Run Disney registration system (with Disney IT? NEVER....🥴🤣), then I would hope they would honor any mix ups with another runner and allow you both to run. You will have to keep us posted if you get a bib number next week!

Good luck!!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter