Has anyone gotten the tinker bell pins?

Very cool TY for posting I may have to see if I can find the other 2 for them. They have version 2 and 3. I feel like a ditz for only noticing the color variation and not the placement of Tink lol.

My DD was given them at MGM last November (she gave her Cars tattoos to her brother, so the CM gave them to her for being nice). She gave her extra to a lady at the Playhouse Disney show--she was giving her streamers to all of the other kids around her.

DD lost hers the next day at Epcot. Thankfully, Guest Services replaced it and made her very, very happy. And needless to say, that pin stayed with me the rest of the trip. ;)

ETA: DD has the Version 1.

I brought a stray camera to the BC front desk while we were waiting for dinner at Cape May last week. The castmember at the desk gave me a dramatic thank you and reached into his shirt pocket and produced the two pin "one to keep one to give away" packet for me.

I was impressed!

We received 3 sets on our trip to DL this past July. The first was from a dream castmember that approached my mom and I while we were waiting for my dh to get some FP's. We were sitting on a bench and he came up and started talking to us. He asked my girls if it was their first trip and they said no. I always wonder if they had said yes what would have happened LOL. Anyway we talked for quite some time and he gave us preferred seating for fantasmic and 3 sets of the pins (one for each of our 3 girls). One of my daughters gave one to a girl from France who kissed my daughter on both cheeks, it was really cute, one daughter gave one to a little girl with a birthday button and the last one gave one to a gal with Down's. All were very appreciative and it made us feel good to pass them on.

Then we met yet another dream member who got us on splash. He took us through the exit and we got to ride and we even took him on it with us as a thank you. He gave us more of the tink pins as well and we gave them away but I can't remember who the girls gave those to but then we had dinner at Hook's point and while I was in the restroom the watiress gave the girls yet another set of the pins. I am not sure where all of the extras went but my daughter gave one to one of her classmates who has never been to Disneyland.

So it was a LOT of fun!!

A cast member gave me one of the Tink pins, but it was loose and not part of a set. I was waiting in line for the Nemo musical and I started chatting with 2 cast members who were in charge of the line. I pin traded with one of them, and the other saw that I had the Goofy Disney dollar pin. He told me that it was the last pin he was looking for to complete his set. I gave it to him, because I know that cast members aren't supposed to keep the pins that they trade for, and I know how great it feels to complete a set. He gave me the loose Tink pin in return for being so nice.

One of my DDs got the pins, one to keep and one to give, at Epcot. I was not right there so I don't know if she'd done anything particularly nice! She was the only one of the 3 girls wearing a lanyard that day, though.

It was SO great because the day before at AK, her two sisters were apart from us and they got dream FPs. She was disappointed that she'd missed out on that, so we were all really happy that she got something special.

My three old received them from the person ringing up our purchase at Fultons General Store in POR. She said they were for his good manners.

Our dd2 got one for saying "thank you" when she got a drink from the bar in Animal Kingdom. It was nice because her favorite character is Tink (that is what she is being for Halloween).

Ok...that sounds bad...her drink was not alcoholic, LOL!!!

dd got one because she bought ds a lolipop with her own money. The cm thought that was a sweet thing to do so she gave it to her and told her to keep one and she could give the other to ds or someone else.

DD got hers last year at MNSSH.. My fav it tink so We were very happy, this yr little sis is going as tink!

Our dd received a set for sharing a brush with another little girl at Rafiki's Planet Watch.

:cloud9: My DD got the set #1 version last year when this all started. I think I was more excited than she was!!! We were in Epcot and we were having a CM stamp her coloring mask and she told us to see the CM at the counter and to tell him that she had sent us. He told her that Tinkerbell had left something there for her... it was wrapped in disney red box secured with a Mickey face sticker... inside we found the pins!!! :cool1: :rotfl: !!!! We gave one to her little best friend at home.... I didn't know a that time they wanted you to spread the magic at the park.... but her friend has never been to Disney and this really excited her.... I think Walt would have approved!!!! :goodvibes

I was gifted with these pins not once but twice on our trip! They were different styles of pins too but both were the keep one/give one pins.

At check in at the Poly, I was so excited, and just chattering away and talking with the cast about how excited I was to be there, etc, etc, and all and Charles at the front desk asked the CM who was helping us to keep me there a moment after he was done checking us in. He did so and Charles said that he thought I 'had the Disney Spirit" and so he was giving me this special pin, one to keep and one to give to someone I saw do something nice for someone on our trip.

I planned to hold on to it for awhile into our trip to be sure of who I wanted to give it to but hours later in the MK, I found my recipient.

It was a cast member at the main street ice cream parlor. There was a special needs child in there absolutely freaking out. Her parents spoke little English but this lady was able to determine that he child was freaking out because she wanted sprinkles on her ice cream cone- and they didn't have any.

This CM went to the trouble to get her manager, and they sent someone to go get the child some sprinkles, I imagine from the candy store or something. After we paid for our ice cream, I turned back to the cashier (whom we had been talking and joking with before the child melted down) and I held out the pin. She immediately got tears in her eyes- and I just said to her "Because of the sprinkles."

my husband turned my wheelchair around and we were gone! It was so fun to give a bit of magic to someone who does it all the time- and then just vanish LOL. I'll never forget the look on her face and the tears in her eyes when she realized what I was doing!

Then, the next morning I was in Kona cafe and our server Debbie saw me do something small for a child at a nearby table, and she gave me another pin set! I was so thrilled as I really especially loved the colors on this delicate pin.

I gave the mate to that one away to a very kind lady in EPCOT who asked me if I wanted her seat after I'd gotten out of my chair and stood with my crutch waiting for our table at Chefs de France. It was remarkable to me because literally every other seated person had turned away when I walked in- their body language screaming they weren't going to offer their seat (I didn't expect anyone to- but their obvious overreaction to my presence amused me LOL) it was so fun to give it to her, she had a lanyard full of pins but not a Dreams pin and never stopped smiling the rest of the time she was there.

I only wish I'd have had more to give to the young man who gave up his bus seat for my elderly father and also those who opened doors for me as I struggled with them- over all I could've given away a dozen if I'd had them for the kind things I saw this trip!!!

Laren

DS who is 4.5 has versions 1,2, and 3. I didn't realize there was a 4th pin. He got all three pins on our recent trip.

The first one he received at Cosmic Ray's. The manager came by to ask how the food was and DS (now a pin fanatic) asked if he could trade with him. This wonderful manager said he would do better than that. He called on the radio for all the CM's with pins to come over because he had a young man that wanted to trade pins. While DS was trading with them, and older CM came over and she presented DS with the Tink set. You should of seen his face!

After lunch we left and headed over towards Adventureland. DS spotted a little girl dressed up as Cinderella. He gave the second pin to her.

DS got the second pin at the pin station in Epcot. By now he had discovered the hidden Mickey Monorail pins and he was on the hunt! We asked the CM's if they had any for trade but the didn't. A pin trader was there with his book and he told DS to come over because he had a Monorail pin. DS traded away a different Tink pin for the monorail pin. We then started discussing the special tink pins with the trader and he showed us the dark blue version. We had mentioned that DS had gotten a different one and had given it to a little girl who he felt should get the pin. We bid goodbye to the pin trader and before we could walk away, he said wait a second and he gave one of the dark blue versions to DS. What a sweet guy! Especially since his wife collects Tinkerbell pins in general.

DS got the third pin from a CM that was standing outside of the Seas. The CM actually had the pin on his lanyard and DS traded for it. I know that this usually doesn't happen.

My oldest DD is an avid pin collector/trader. This past May we were walking around MGM and one of the CM noticed my DD wearing two full lanyards (all different tink pins) and she said to my DD " I bet you don't have this pin" and gave her a two pack tink set. My daughter was thrilled. She and the CM then talked about the 2nd tink pin and what my DD needed to do. She explained that the pins were for good deeds. However she also let my DD know that there is a set of these pins.
My DD then says I would love to have the whole set and the CM suggested that my DD periodically ask about them around the parks, etc.

Fast forward to later that day, we are leaving the 50's PTC after dinner. The kids and I are waiting outside for DH to make a RR run before hitting the rides. The girls are sitting on the waist high retaining wall when my DD leans into the bushes and grabs a plastic baggie. OMG this baggie has a DL, 2 CC's and about $300.00 in cash:eek: My DD says "Momma this lady is probably worried sick". She says "who do I turn it in to"? Then she sees a blue shirt, so we all walk over to the blue shirt and my DD explains that she has found this lady's money etc and wants to turn it in. Well my husband pipes up and says "do you think DD could possibley get a Tink pin for turning in the money"? (My DD knew better than to ask) and the CM responds that she only gives Tink Pins away for observing someone doing a good deed for another person. :confused3 Ummmm, Okay DD has just turned in lost DL, CC's and $$$$. :mad: My DD was heart broken, but I told her to let it go and she would get repayment another way.

Fastforward to end of trip.......DD ended up with a total of 6 pins sets besides the original one she got...... 3 at AK park, 2 at Epoct and 1 at MK:yay: :yay: :yay:

Needless to say she learned several valuable lessons during our eight days at Disney.

DD was asking a CM in Mexico at EPCOT to trade one of her own pins for a monorail hidden Mickey pin for her brother (who was trying to find the whole HM monorail set). The CM was so amazed that she was trading her own pin for one for her brother that she gave my DD a set of the dream pins and told her to keep one and give one away.

The other set came when there were a couple of guys who looked like maintenance CMs wandering through Tomorrowland. They came up to us and just started cracking jokes, and of course we just chatted with them and laughed. They started to walk away, then turned around and handed me the pins. That was really neat.

I didn't know before receiving these that these pins were being given out to people who were creating magic for others. That's really neat.

pixiedust: PIXIEDUST!!

My DD recieved two different versions on out last visit. One pin was given to her by an off duty CM at the P&P party. He only said it was a special CM only pin and he wanted her to have it. Then later in the week the manager at Kona asked her about who she had shared her pin with. We had to explain she had only gotten the one pin. So she says well that just won't do and she went and got a set of a different version for her and explained how she was to share the fun. The next day she gave the other one to a little girl at Epcot in line for soaring. She was so happy to be given a Tink pin from another little girl. It was fun to witness it.

We received 3 pair. My dd3(almost4) got 2 pairs for her birthday at AK and MGM. My older DD12 got them because she told the dream lady she forget her lanyard with pins at home.

While waiting for Spectro this summer, I brought out the bubbles I had purchased just for these long wait times. I must've had @ 20 lil bottles.
So my kids are in the street blowing bubbles, having a ball, lots of kids coming out to catch bubbles & I started handing out bottles to other kids.

CM saw me & asked who gave me the bubbles and I explained I bought them in MA and he said "you mean a CM didnt give you those?" so he said "I was hoping for a chance to do this tonight!" made this big fanfare and presented me w/the Tink pin set. My kids were so proud of me!

I had met a older gentleman on my 2nd day (his 1st day) at the designated smoking area of our resort and we chatted...he was there for the 1st time in 20 yrs with his daughter & grand daughter (age 5) I was filling him in on some stuff and we walked to food court for our morning coffee and then he surprised me by buying my coffee for me. I know its only $1.25 but it was the gesture...thanking me for giving him some advice & answering some questions etc. So the following morning I gave him the Tink pin to give to his grand daughter (we smokers tend to bump into each other since we OBEY the smoking rules)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter