• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone never stayed at their Home resort?

RweTHEREyet

DIS Veteran
I don't mean just because you have not stayed at a DVC resort yet, but because you stay at other DVC resorts on your trips?

I just figured out that we have yet to spend much time at all at the Beach Club, where we did an add-on 3 years ago) a few nights here and there, but not much to really appreciate the resort. I have a friend who doesn't own tehre that has stayed there more than I have.

Maybe next trip I need to plan well enough in advance to get a villa there.

I have 300 BCV points and have never stayed there. I have a reservation for February there with the thought that it's time to check it out, but I'm already thinking about switching over to BWV, my favorite.

We own two contracts BWV and SS. We've never stayed at SS springs yet. The year we did the add on, we used the extra points to do a cruise. This year we only have BWVilla points left but we're going to bank them. Next year we'll have a boat load of points and need to decide where we want to stay and what size villas. There are only 4 of us but I'm really lOoking at a 2 bedroom, just so everyone has their own space AND BATHROOM!!!!

We like all WDW resorts and enjoiy staying in all of them. But the resort we spend the most nights at, per year is our DVC home resort. That is why we bought there and continued to add on there. ::MickeyMo

Sometimes you just have to answer with your first thought:

"We've never stayed at our home resort."

We also have two contracts, BWV and BCV. We alternate every other year between the two. The only other DVC we have stayed at is HHI and we loved it there. We have been members since 1998, so that should tell u how much we love our home resorts. :flower:

Our home is BWV's and we have never stayed there. BCV's 3 times, but now that the kids are older (4 & 61/2)we probably won't be back, the pool doesn't make much sense for our family at this time, they outgrew SAB last year, my older one wants to do the slide and my little one wants to swim, so it is hard to make everyone happy, I won't let my daughter out of my sight and the slide is on the other side of the pedestrian walkway, NO WAY. We have also stayed at WLV's and HHI.

We are going to BWV's in January. I love it over there, we always hang out there, but have never been able to stay. Too late on ressies, (my husband is the king of procrastination) the last visit was to BCV's because my nephew is autistic and I thought SAB would be better for him, he doesn't like to wear swimmies.

Kathleen

We own at both VWL and SS, but have never stayed at SS. I doubt that we ever will because DH loves VWL and I would have a hard time convincing him to stay anywhere else.

BWV is our main home resort. We stayed 3 nights in a studio plus at Xmas right after we joined. We also own small contracts at BCV, HH, and VB, and split our time between all of them, including a few stays at OKW and SSR. The only resort we've never stayed at is VWL. We'll be at BWV for F&W in October and can't wait! :earsgirl: :earsgirl:

We own BCV and have not been there yet. Maybe next year. We have only stayed at OKW and love it. Next trip OKW Grand Villa (Sept). We can not wait!!!!

We own at Vero Beach and have never stayed there. If I had it to do all over again I would have bought where I wanted to stay. But, alas, not knowing any better we took the advice of our guide who's selling point was that Vero was cheaper with the incentives.

Oh well, when we finally get to do an add on we will buy on property and then hopefully I'll get to say we have stayed at our home resort. Until then, sometimes I feel like I'm just visiting someone else's home. ;)

We have not yet stayed at any of our home resorts next Dec will be the first time for staying at any of them when we stay at SSR. No plans to ever go to VB or HHI which are our other 2 homes sites.

Well....we used to own at BWV, VWL and OKW. We have stayed at BWV, VWL and OKW.

We sold out points and bought BCV. We have never stayed there, but have let my mom stay there on points. We plan to stay there in Nov/Dec...and, we don't plan on staying anywhere else if we can help it.

:wave:

Beca

We bought BWV points in 2003. That year we already had our vacation plans set, so no trip home.

In 2004 we stayed at HHI for a week. We also scheduled a BWV trip for September, but that was cancelled due to Hurricance Frances.

No trip to BWV this year...went to Universal and DCL West Coast instead.

Now, finally, we have our first trip home planned for Aug 2006. Yippee!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter