Has anyone used those Disney fabric panels from WalMart?

disneysnowflake

DIS Veteran
I just saw those fabric Disney panels at WalMart this morning.

It was neat to see Toy Story and such instead of just princess items. The princess ones were cute though.

It says you can use them on shirts, tote bags, etc. It's just a piece of fabric with a Disney movie image printed on it.

Has anyone used these? I was interested in seeing what people have done with these.

Not excatly what you are looking for, but years ago I made a mermaid pillow case and tot-sized blanknet for my oldest DD's 3rd B-day. Total hit and she still uses it almost every night 4 1/2 years later. :teeth: Very easy with the panels. :thumbsup2

My mom made me some pillows out of the patriotic Mickey fabric from a few years ago.

Yeah, I saw those too and I was wondering what to do with them. Maybe I'll try something when they go on clearance, as I thought $6.87 was pretty pricey for one small piece of fabric.

Glad I looked so far back for this thread. I also wondered if anyone had seen these! They cost almost $8 at our local WalMart! I figured that at 7 1/2 in square this would work out to of 30 them to a little more then a yard of fabric,( 6 panels across = 45 in wide x 5 panels down = 37 1/2 in long)! This seemed totally excessive in cost, even for a Disney item! That would be $8 x 30 = $240 a yard!!! Even if they were priced wrong at our WalMart and should only be $6 x 30= $180 per yard!!
Unless my math is all screwy, which it could be...
Either way I think that is a little pricey for cotton printed fabric... and I have a lot of fabric! My studio is about 17 x 20 feet and packed to the ceiling with shelf units of fabric... and I have no problem with $300 a yard lace for a wedding gown!

So having ranted all this... I did plan a quilt using the Princess ones.... and I think I can get away with only 9 of the designs... so that will be....still way to much money!

But if they go down to $5 each or under I will be grabbing all that I can afford at that time.

I will use them for-
quilts
topstitched to T shirts with the edges beaded/ trimed with rick rack
purses, bags, backpacks, makeup pouches....
pillow cases (bed pillow), Tink would be the "Tooth Fairy"
Christmas stocking
covering scrapbooks
jacket backs, like the T shirts....
framed as wall art after embelishing with stuff
a few as a border for curtains to go with the quilt...
placemats
at each corner of a tablecloth
Think thats all for now...

I saw them the other night too, but didn't get them. I really didn't know what to make with it. Was at JoAnn's today and got the no sew fleece pillow on sale for 9.99 and got the Tink. It makes a 27"x 27" , I thought that was reasonable.

hmmmm thats weird because I just payed exactly 3.96 for a yard of tinkerbell fabric that includes two pilliows and a throw. (I think thats what you call it)

reinita1002 said:
hmmmm thats weird because I just payed exactly 3.96 for a yard of tinkerbell fabric that includes two pilliows and a throw. (I think thats what you call it)

3.96 per yard of fabric? Or a pack of fabric with the pillows and throw already made?
:confused3 Sorry no comprende.

I have seen Disney fabric for under $4 a yard at WalMart, JoAnnes, and at least one other store. Most of it was not of the best quality, loose weave, not %100 cotton/ or really cheap poly-cotton blend. And some had blurry printing or not attractive colorways. BUT I have also seen the same price Disney cotton that was good...
Never found anything like the small squares till the other day!
Sure hope they do go on sale! And then they have the ones I want to use for my DNiece's quilt and window valance... other wise I am gonna be doing a lot of applique , or fabric painting/printing!

looks like ill be heading to walmart after school today. Are the squars a good size to make t-shirt applicays?

I think that would be a good use for them. The package says 100% cotton. And a 7 1/2 in square. You could fuse them down and then sew around them. And then use beads on the edge or in the design. That is one of the things I would like to do.... And that your local WalMart has them. Not all of the ones in this area has them yet. And I saw the first post was 2 weeks ago.

PixieDust32 said:
3.96 per yard of fabric? Or a pack of fabric with the pillows and throw already made?
:confused3 Sorry no comprende.

yeah 3.96 per yard. The yard that I got included those things. Sorry for the confusion! :)

we3disneygo said:
:thumbsup2 our Hobby Lobby had some disney cotton fabric on the mark down racks 1.00 or 2.00 a yard.

Yes!! I got DD the Cinderella pannel it was $1.00 a yard, so I made her two pillows ( 2 pannels per yard) and I am working on a comforter with a different cinderella pannels and other cindrella fabric, my local HL has a few cinderlla's fabrics.
They also have Lizzie McGuire, I made pillows also, $1.00 a yard, Tinkerbell, was $1.50 per yard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter